Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Alexander Vindman and his twin brother were abruptly fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    in other words, it is accepted as part of the culture, routine for Tweb. Hmmm, I wonder if cow poke et al., also think it is an accepted part of tweb?
    If you joined in 2015, and read any significant number of threads in Apologetics / Civics you would know that it's pretty much the way things are around here. If you want a site where the moderation is more heavy-handed, maybe try CARM, where you can get banned for questioning (politely) the theological views held by the site owner. IIRC, TWeb is partly a reaction to that style of discussion board.

TWeb pros: People can discuss almost anything in terms of politics, theology, philosophy etc, even things the site ownership thinks is wrong.

TWeb cons: Posters can play rough. Some (on all sides) rely heavily on mockery / insult.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
      If you joined in 2015, and read any significant number of threads in Apologetics / Civics you would know that it's pretty much the way things are around here. If you want a site where the moderation is more heavy-handed, maybe try CARM, where you can get banned for questioning (politely) the theological views held by the site owner. IIRC, TWeb is partly a reaction to that style of discussion board.

TWeb pros: People can discuss almost anything in terms of politics, theology, philosophy etc, even things the site ownership thinks is wrong.

TWeb cons: Posters can play rough. Some (on all sides) rely heavily on mockery / insult.
      And Tweb has conformed itself quite comfortably to the approach of Mr Slick in apologetics! (Mr. Slick is a well known Christian elite, known for his unique approach to apologetics as the polemic).

Several posters have commented on the (self imposed) limits of Christian discussion, but the self imposed limits do not apply to themselves, only for others.

Comment

And Tweb has conformed itself quite comfortably to the approach of Mr Slick in apologetics! (Mr. Slick is a well known Christian elite, known for his unique approach to apologetics as the polemic).

Several posters have commented on the (self imposed) limits of Christian discussion, but the self imposed limits do not apply to themselves, only for others.
        You post how you like (the 'subtle' digs at non-Catholics, the air of moral superiority, etc) and others will post how they like. Works for me.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

And just what do I think in this matter?

An "attack on people who say ignorant things" on a a matter concerning the military (which relatively few are familiar with is accepted.

When someone says ignorant things on the faith, which Christian ARE familiar with, then the strong language which is seen as an attack in off limits..........except when done by certain Christians..............
          If you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk about it. Seems like a pretty simple concept really.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Trumps lack of decency is like a plague. And most of the Christian's on this site have caught it.
            Either caught it from him or it was latent within them just waiting for a Trump to ignite it.

Comment

An excellent response to the post which asks what constitutes an attack, and even asks if the Christian, Rogue, believes that attack has any objective meaning, or if it is entirely subjective and morally relative.

It certainly appears to be rooted in the morally relative worldview!
              I was going to add, "There, now you know what an actual 'attack' looks like," but I forgot.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                If you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk about it. Seems like a pretty simple concept really.
                Cool, but I wonder if that is at all useful.

When people are wrong on matters of faith and morals, then they do not know what they are talking about; so I take it that you think they should not weigh in on the discussion.

Comment

Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you consider an attack. Is Lilpixie's post an attack or not?

Or is it not an attack because it was aimed at an atheist?
                  Maybe you could notice that I didn't say anything about an attack of any sort.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    Rats, oh that's what Trumpsters call whistleblowers, and those who speak truth to power, or those like Sondland who tell the truth to save their own butts rather than to lie to save the Don. I'm afraid that they're just not very good democracy loving Americans those Trumpsters.
                    Gotta love how the left has redefined "whistleblower" to include plain old leakers and "speak truth to power" to mean anything but.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Maybe you could notice that I didn't say anything about an attack of any sort.
                      Okay, maybe you have not made comments about "attacking Christians" about me........in which case you did not say anything about an attack of any sort.

But if you did make that comment, even connecting it to a lack of faith, then my question stands, and has bearing.

Comment

in other words, it is accepted as part of the culture, routine for Tweb. Hmmm, I wonder if cow poke et al., also think it is an accepted part of tweb?
                        The other accepted part of Tweb, for many who don't like to 'get their hands dirty' with direct attacks, is indirect attacks and '''''''''subtle'''''''''''' digs. People like you imagine you're so smart and morally superior because you don't 'stoop to direct attacks', but actually it's obvious and worse than direct confrontation. Many such cases!
                        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          The other accepted part of Tweb, for many who don't like to 'get their hands dirty' with direct attacks, is indirect attacks and '''''''''subtle'''''''''''' digs. People like you imagine you're so smart and morally superior because you don't 'stoop to direct attacks', but actually it's obvious and worse than direct confrontation. Many such cases!
                          Self-righteous hypocrites tend to be masters of passive aggressiveness.

"Would a Christian really do such-and-such?"
                          "Are you accusing me of not being a Christian?"
                          "Oh, no, whatever made you think that? I'm just asking an innocent question."
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Self-righteous hypocrites tend to be masters of passive aggressiveness.

"Would a Christian really do such-and-such?"
                            "Are you accusing me of not being a Christian?"
                            "Oh, no, whatever made you think that? I'm just asking an innocent question."
                            In their heads, it's 'I'm attacking in a way that can't be pinned down as an attack, I'm soooooooooooo smart'.
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Maybe you could enlighten me as to what you consider an attack. Is Lilpixie's post an attack or not?

Or is it not an attack because it was aimed at an atheist?
                              Sorry Simplicio, but the tweb nanny job is already filled by Charles. You will need to find another position here.

Comment

Cool, but I wonder if that is at all useful.

When people are wrong on matters of faith and morals, then they do not know what they are talking about; so I take it that you think they should not weigh in on the discussion.
                                I don’t talk about climate change for similar reasons, I don’t enough about it. If you’re going to make wild assertions, do not be surprised when someone has an issue with it.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment