Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Richard Rohr

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    He's not even Christian, if this quoting of his book is accurate.

Prepare for the worst.
    I agree with this from your link:

Jesus Christ does indeed love all and thus died for all, but the true unity he preaches requires a choice to accept or reject him and his Church, as he preached 2,000 years ago. The Christ whom Rohr preaches is not the authentic Jesus, and his related proclamation of the gospel is not the one that that the Church has proclaimed and safeguarded for 2,000 years with the power of Holy Spirit. As a result, Rohr remains an unreliable and spiritually dangerous guide for Catholic and non-Catholic alike.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, your pastor loves a heretic despite the obvious heresy. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
    And the church I attend is promoting Universalism promoting Rob Bell's book "Love Wins."

How does a church lose its way this way?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    And the church I attend is promoting Universalism promoting Rob Bell's book "Love Wins."

The church today, aside from a few that stay with the word of God as their final authority, is so busy trying to get butts in the pews that they have resorted to marketing themselves. And in doing so, they fall prey to heretical books and false teachers because it's easier to do talking points from somebody's book than to actually open the truth's of God from scripture.

We actually watched this video this morning that speaks a great deal to this issue.

It's very enlightening.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

4. Amen The Melody Maker amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As human consciousness advances, more and more people cannot believe that God would . . .
    That's a hard nope from me. Any time you hear a religious "authority"/thinker/leader/philosopher/whatever insert this phrase or something similar/equivalent into one of his writings/speeches/sermons it's a clear indication to stay as far away from them as possible, because they're about to peddle some unbiblical and heretical tripe. The only time hearing, or reading something like this would be ok is if it's in the context of someone quoting what someone else said, in order to refute it.

6. Amen mossrose, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

People want to be Nice. They don't want to talk about sin, and they don't want to say that Christ is the only Way.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nation’s political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    The church today, aside from a few that stay with the word of God as their final authority, is so busy trying to get butts in the pews that they have resorted to marketing themselves. And in doing so, they fall prey to heretical books and false teachers because it's easier to do talking points from somebody's book than to actually open the truth's of God from scripture.

We actually watched this video this morning that speaks a great deal to this issue.

It's very enlightening.
    Thank you.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    People want to be Nice. They don't want to talk about sin, and they don't want to say that Christ is the only Way.
    Yeah, I get a lot of "I just can't believe that Jesus is the only way to God."

"What about all of good people? Why would God send good people to hell just because they don't believe in Jesus?"

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah, I get a lot of "I just can't believe that Jesus is the only way to God."

"What about all of good people? Why would God send good people to hell just because they don't believe in Jesus?"

Can I ask you, with the greatest respect, and sincerity, why are you still there?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Can I ask you, with the greatest respect, and sincerity, why are you still there?
    Good question. I'm still there because I think it might be good for these people to hear what I have to say with the hope that I can make a difference in their position. With God's help maybe I can.

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As a Catholic I'd like to say that he's quite heretical.

13. Amen mossrose, DesertBerean amen'd this post.