Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Maltese dog's tear stains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maltese dog's tear stains

I have a cute male Maltese with dichromatic eyes. He has awful tear stains on his face. I have tried every trick and product known to PetSmart that doesn't require 3-4 times a day activity. Any ideas on how to whiten his facial fur?
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I have a cute male Maltese with dichromatic eyes. He has awful tear stains on his face. I have tried every trick and product known to PetSmart that doesn't require 3-4 times a day activity. Any ideas on how to whiten his facial fur?
    Not in close proximity to his eyes, no.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Dip his head in bleach.

J/k

But Taz used to get spit stains on his white paws from licking them so much and when I took him to get groomed at petsmart they used something on his feet to get rid of the stains. I have no idea what it was.

Or you could just die his whole body brown and be done with it

Comment

Dye!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Dye!

she hates me!

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The real question here is why is Bill making his dog cry?

Comment

My cat sometimes gets a watery glassy eye. I dilute 1 teaspoon of salt with half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a quarter cup of boiled water and when lukewarm, I soak cotton-wool balls and squeeze out and swab from the inner corner of his eyes to the outer corners. I use separate swabs for each eye. It works so well I seldom have to do it twice in a row.

Comment

One of my sisters worked as a dog groomer for a while. I asked her for recommendations and she asked what food you feed your dog.
                  Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post
                    My cat sometimes gets a watery glassy eye. I dilute 1 teaspoon of salt with half a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a quarter cup of boiled water and when lukewarm, I soak cotton-wool balls and squeeze out and swab from the inner corner of his eyes to the outer corners. I use separate swabs for each eye. It works so well I seldom have to do it twice in a row.
                    Either you have an abnormally tolerant cat, or you left out the part where several people have to hold him down for this procedure.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
                      One of my sisters worked as a dog groomer for a while. I asked her for recommendations and she asked what food you feed your dog.
                      Science Diet kibble for small dogs.
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        The real question here is why is Bill making his dog cry?
                        He has allergies.
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

He has allergies.
                          A likely story.

You are making your dog cry and now you want to cover up the evidence!

You are a BAD cat!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            A likely story.

You are making your dog cry and now you want to cover up the evidence!

You are a BAD cat!
                            That's beside the point
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X