Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Biden Losing His Grip on Sanity

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Joe Biden Losing His Grip on Sanity

Joe Biden's campaign manager says this was "a joke". What kind of joke is it to challenge and call a supporter a liar?

The quote "lying dog-faced pony soldier" is reportedly from a John Wayne movie. I've probably seen every major Wayne movie at one time or another and I don't recall the quote. I doubt most people would recall it. So why quote something that no one is going to get, and then use it inappropriately?

I especially like the last line from Madison Moore in the article below (although I would have used the word "illustrates" rather than "exacerbates").

Biden calls voter a 'lying dog-faced pony soldier'
    AFPFebruary 10, 2020, 12:07 AM CST

Manchester (United States) (AFP) - Former US vice president Joe Biden drew criticism Sunday after he called a woman a "lying dog-faced pony soldier" at a campaign event in New Hampshire. In an exchange that was widely shared on social media, 21-year-old Georgia college student Madison Moore asked the presidential hopeful to explain his poor performance in the Iowa caucus last week.

"It's a good question," replied Biden, whose status as national frontrunner for the Democratic nomination was shaken by a damaging fourth-place showing in Iowa's caucuses. "Have you ever been to a caucus?" he asked the Mercer University student, who nodded. "No, you haven't," Biden said. "You're a lying, dog-faced pony soldier."

Biden's campaign press secretary Remi Yamamoto tweeted the comment was a joke: "It's from a John Wayne movie and he's made it plenty of times before."

But the remark still drew criticism online, with many Twitter users saying the remark was not funny. "If he can't handle a simple question from one of his own supporters, how can Joe Biden possibly take on Donald Trump one on one for six months?" tweeted Donald Trump Jr, the US president's son.

Moore told The Washington Post it was "totally irrelevant whether I've been to a caucus or not." "Joe Biden has been performing incredibly poorly in this race. His inability to answer a simple question from a nobody college student like me only exacerbates that reality," she said.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As a self-acknowledged Trump supporter, you probably don't want to go this route.. just sayin'.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    As a self-acknowledged Trump supporter, you probably don't want to go this route.. just sayin'.
    Trump has a lot of personality defects, but -IMO - incoherency isn't one of them.

Hey, I hope Biden wins the Democratic nomination (since Gabbard has no chance whatsoever). He is the lesser of evils, assuming he can keep his marbles together.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    His press secretary said, "It's from a John Wayne movie and he's made it plenty of times before."

Is there any recorded instance of Biden using that phrase on a previous occasion?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    His press secretary said, "It's from a John Wayne movie and he's made it plenty of times before."

Is there any recorded instance of Biden using that phrase on a previous occasion?
    Pony solider? Back in the day when old Joe was an Indian fighter...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqgC1tqifV8

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

I think Joe is trying to hard to offset Trump's accusation of "Sleepy Joe" --- Joe is trying his best to show he's a tough guy and "still has it".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OK I am going to say this is a non-story. If you watch the video (below) you can tell he IS joking by his tone and the audience laughing. But it still is not a good idea to call a member of the audience a liar, even jokingly. He want's their votes, right?

8. Amen Terraceth amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Actually, yes. I did a filtered search of "Biden" and "pony soldier" and found he used the phrase several times last year. And, interestingly, it was always mentioned by the media as being awkward.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Actually, yes. I did a filtered search of "Biden" and "pony soldier" and found he used the phrase several times last year. And, interestingly, it was always mentioned by the media as being awkward.
    And you really shouldn't call a woman "dog-faced" unless you want to be whooped.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    And you really shouldn't call a woman "dog-faced" unless you want to be whooped.
    From the video, it seemed like the crowd was very friendly, and they laughed when he took off his coat like he was getting ready for a fight -- I think it was all good-natured kidding.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”