Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Wray: Trump campaign was illegally surveilled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Nah - these are issues that would be overlooked if they didn't involve Trump and if he was not empowered to exert pressure on the justice system to make examples of the people involved.

And you can preach all you want. but the Trump 'supporters' like yourself have made so many excuses for Trump it will be a very, very, very long time before you've recovered enough moral authority to have anything like a right to do so. The compromises in morality and the law made on behalf of Trump here make these FISA 'abuses' look by comparison like someone accidentally walking out of a store with the pen they used to sign their visa receipt.
    As expected, you refuse to acknowledge your own Trump hatred. You want to hold him and those around him to a different standard for surveillance because we just KNOW he is a crook, and we are going to use whatever means necessary to prove it. To hell with actual laws.

You're pathetic, Jim. Wholly unable to reflect on your own hatred.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      As expected, you refuse to acknowledge your own Trump hatred. You want to hold him and those around him to a different standard for surveillance because we just KNOW he is a crook, and we are going to use whatever means necessary to prove it. To hell with actual laws.

You're pathetic, Jim. Wholly unable to reflect on your own hatred.
      Pathetic? Really. Are you sure you have your own hatred 'in check'. We disagree on what Trump is up to. I believe I have the evidence on my side here. He smeared Yavanavich for no reason. removed her for no valid reason. He's vindictively recalled Sondland, a supporter who tried to protect Him but was not willing to lie under oath. He's done bascially the same thing to countless others. The man is vindictive, power hungry, demands loyalty to the point of illegality, and the evidence for it is a mile long. And my 'crime' is that I don't sweep that under the rug?

Which is actually pathetic BTC, a person that looks at the history of this man and says 'watch out he's doing it again', or a person that sees the history of this man and says - "well, maybe this time, I mean, you don't have prooooof ..."

The answer is obvious, but I'll bet you wont admit that.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Pathetic? Really. Are you sure you have your own hatred 'in check'.
        I'm talking cold hard law. Which Aristotle called without passion. If you can't talk passionless law, and have to keep whining about the mean orange man, then yes.. you are pathetic.

We disagree on what Trump is up to.
        Trump has nothing to do with these illegal searches and surveillance. So leave him out of it.

I believe I have the evidence on my side here. He smeared Yavanavich for no reason. removed her for no valid reason. He's vindictively recalled Sondland, a supporter who tried to protect Him but was not willing to lie under oath. He's done bascially the same thing to countless others. The man is vindictive, power hungry, demands loyalty to the point of illegality, and the evidence for it is a mile long. And my 'crime' is that I don't sweep that under the rug?
        NONE of that is relevant to the FISA abuse. Compartmentalize, Jim. It's the only way you can see past your hatred. And it is imperative that you do so in order to not be guilty yourself.

Which is actually pathetic BTC, a person that looks at the history of this man and says 'watch out he's doing it again', or a person that sees the history of this man and says - "well, maybe this time, I mean, you don't have prooooof ..."
        No, Jim, what is pathetic is people like you who will spew righteousness out of one face, and then put the other one to deny basic rights like the 4th Amendment just because you "know" they are guilty. If the police were illegally tapping your phone and heard something that could incriminate you, you would go to the highest court to have it removed due to your 4th Amendment rights. And don't act for a second like you wouldn't.

The answer is obvious, but I'll bet you wont admit that.
        Oh it's obvious. You don't think anyone in Trump's orbit deserves rights. And you celebrate that fact. Pathetic.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment