Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Microsoft is Getting SPOOKY!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft is Getting SPOOKY!!!!

I was thinking about moving some of my websites to a different hosting company, but my email is with Microsoft Office365.

I remembered there were some challenges involving MX records, CName, and A records, besides pointing DNS, etc, and it had been a while since I messed with all that.

I did an online chat with Microsoft to get answers, and, after going through their menus trying to narrow down the issue, a little popup appeared asking if I would like to receive a phone call from a Microsoft Server Engineer. Well, POOP YEAH!!!!! So I checked the "yes" box, and it told me to wait up to 13 minutes.

In SIX MINUTES, Sean called me, identified himself as my Microsoft Engineer, advised me the phone call would be recorded, then got right to the point --- he actually had taken the time to read my chat chain, and was prepared to answer questions without going through all the "tell the story all over again" stuff.

He gave me enough information to point me in the right direction, and everything he said fell into place, and I was confident I could make the move without messing anything up.

That was YESTERDAY morning. Everything went well, and I was back up and running.

Just a FEW MINUTES AGO, Sean called back, and asked how it went, and if there was anything else I needed before he closed the ticket.

I think I died and went to Heaven!!!!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I was thinking about moving some of my websites to a different hosting company, but my email is with Microsoft Office365.

I remembered there were some challenges involving MX records, CName, and A records, besides pointing DNS, etc, and it had been a while since I messed with all that.

I did an online chat with Microsoft to get answers, and, after going through their menus trying to narrow down the issue, a little popup appeared asking if I would like to receive a phone call from a Microsoft Server Engineer. Well, POOP YEAH!!!!! So I checked the "yes" box, and it told me to wait up to 13 minutes.

In SIX MINUTES, Sean called me, identified himself as my Microsoft Engineer, advised me the phone call would be recorded, then got right to the point --- he actually had taken the time to read my chat chain, and was prepared to answer questions without going through all the "tell the story all over again" stuff.

He gave me enough information to point me in the right direction, and everything he said fell into place, and I was confident I could make the move without messing anything up.

That was YESTERDAY morning. Everything went well, and I was back up and running.

Just a FEW MINUTES AGO, Sean called back, and asked how it went, and if there was anything else I needed before he closed the ticket.

I think I died and went to Heaven!!!!
    They've got Microsoft in heaven? Does Bill Gates know?

Comment

I hate messing with the mail settings on a domain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I hate messing with the mail settings on a domain.
        Anything like that is a pain, because it often takes 2 to 8 hours to propagate, so you don't know immediately if you did good or bad, and if you did bad, it may take another 2 to 8 hours to see the fix.

When I'm messing with settings like that, I always use a separate computer on a separate network to see the results.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And I just got a followup email advising me they were closing my ticket, unless I'm still having trouble, and my engineer will promptly call me back!

I wonder if they think I'm somebody important!

Comment

They've got Microsoft in heaven? Does Bill Gates know?
            Bill's real name is "Pearly."
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              And I just got a followup email advising me they were closing my ticket, unless I'm still having trouble, and my engineer will promptly call me back!

I wonder if they think I'm somebody important!
              Just wait till you get the bill!

Comment

Just wait till you get the bill!
                Gates?

Comment