Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jussie Smollett Arrested...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Harping on it is a reminder against future racial hoaxes and the MSM's propensity to magnify those hoaxes without any objectivity in their reporting.
    The only magnifying being done is by the conservatives who are still obsessed with this story about this actor I had never heard of before this incident. The MSM has let it go.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    The only magnifying being done is by the conservatives who are still obsessed with this story about this actor I had never heard of before this incident. The MSM has let it go.
    This is true, and I want to believe the MSM let it go because they're utterly embarrassed about it, but I suspect they let it go because it didn't live up to the narrative they wanted. And just because you had never heard of the actor doesn't change the fact of the story's widespread influence it had.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Smollett story was largely a creation of the MSM which with very few exceptions eagerly glomed on to it because it fit so well into the narrative that they like to disseminate Another example from around the same time was the Covington kids case.

Considering their role in it I'm not really surprised that they have "let it go." Not one of their better moments.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

4. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'll let this sort of stuff go when the Trump haters stop whining about ridiculous things like his makeup.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I'll let this sort of stuff go when the Trump haters stop whining about ridiculous things like his makeup.
    That's a bit of a non sequitur, isn't it?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's a bit of a non sequitur, isn't it?
    No more than your original comment in this thread was, KG.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    No more than your original comment in this thread was, KG.
    My comment that this story is unworthy of attention is not a non sequitur.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Whatever.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why do you all care so much about this? It's just celebrity crap.
    Hiring people to supposedly attack you, then lying to the police and public about it to try to get sympathy and attention goes pretty far beyond "celebrity crap."

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    Hiring people to supposedly attack you, then lying to the police and public about it to try to get sympathy and attention goes pretty far beyond "celebrity crap."
    While saying they were white and most likely Trump supporters.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...