Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

King Trump stretches his new legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I thought we were friends, Jim. This "you're naive" crap is... well, crap.
    You are being naive if you think Barr did this without consideration of the Presidents will or demand. It just doesn't happen otherwise.

I wasn't there - I have no idea what happened, but it wouldn't shock me.

ETA, so, once again, your mind reading skilz suck.
    Right CP, you have no idea? I think you have a pretty good idea. How's that for mind reading?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Said by one who was implicated in the cover-up of the Russia investigations and who, through the actions of his top aide, was also implicated in the Ukraine scheme.
      Fake news.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        You're a mind reader now? Cool! What number am I thinking of?
        You don't seem to understand that people's behaviors can be observed without resorting to mind reading. And that behavior patterns are mostly excellent predictors of new behavior. I wonder how that escaped you?
        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-12-2020, 05:27 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Fake Proven news.
          You're just not keeping up with the latest developments MM (Though this was shown quite some time ago). Do try to keep up.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            You don't seem to understand that people's behaviors can be observed without resorting to mind reading. And that behavior patterns are mostly excellent predictors of new behavior. I wonder how that escaped you?
            Lack of critical thinking skills.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              You are being naive if you think Barr did this without consideration of the Presidents will or demand. It just doesn't happen otherwise.
              And you're a BOOB* for thinking you know what I think about this.

Right CP, you have no idea? I think you have a pretty good idea. How's that for mind reading?
              Like I said, it wouldn't shock me, but I wasn't there.

*CP doesn't really think Jim is a BOOB - maybe one with small letters
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-12-2020, 05:57 PM.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Keep 'em coming, man! You're hilarious!

Comment

Keep 'em coming, man! You're hilarious!
                  I Try. Good to know I'm making someone happy

Comment

I've only skimmed this yawn-fest.

IMO, Bad Orange Man should have just let things play out, and then commute the sentence or pardon entirely -- preferably with some fanfare and glee.

As I recall, Stone is a jerk, but the dramatic, over-the-top methods used in his arrest in and of themselves deserved compensation in the form of leniency.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

It gets worse - for the Dems:

Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors

It's weeks like this that make people question whether the universe is out to get them. The rational ones stop doing whatever is making God unhappy with them.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors

It's weeks like this that make people question whether the universe is out to get them. The rational ones stop doing whatever is making God unhappy with them.
                        At least half the country doesn't like Trump. The chance there would be at least one person on Stone's jury that didn't like Trump: 100%. They just had to figure out who it was and how many.

Comment

Having examined the story further, I have no problems with what DOJ did. (As noted in another thread, Turley has problems with the intervention, but has long said the prosecution was severely excessive.)

I think those who assert with dogmatic certainty that the prosecutors should be "independent" are silly. They are under DOJ, and DOJ is under POTUS. That's just the way it is. If AG, DOJ, or POTUS believes they are out of line, they can and should intervene.

In contrast to my prior post, I actually *like* that this happened, because it revealed and exorcised four more smelly feces-encrusted swamp-rats, and it's driving all the libiots bonkers.

Once sentence is passed, Bad Orange Man should probably *also* pardon Stone, for the way he was treated throughout his prosecution.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

At least half the country doesn't like Trump. The chance there would be at least one person on Stone's jury that didn't like Trump: 100%. They just had to figure out who it was and how many.
                            Try actually reading the article, Jim.
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

At the rate they are going this week is gonna look like their halcyon days compared to the first week of this coming November.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The fact that she was actively posting during the trial and may have lied about her political affiliations during pretrial questioning is the kind of stuff that can get convictions overturned.

Comment