Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

King Trump stretches his new legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post
    Time to call a mistrial...

Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump views surface, raising new questions about his trial and conviction

https://www.foxnews.com/us/roger-sto...and-conviction
    But you forgot the OMB principle -- this doesn't apply.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      So you go with an "I know you are but what am I!" schoolyard taunt instead of attempting to explain how you know any of CNN's unverifiable "sources say" claims are true.

I especially love the "someone familiar with the thinking" attribution. For all we know, that's the guy sitting in the newsroom next to the reporter who said, "Oh, yeah, I totally know what they're thinking!"
      One school yard taunt ("You are so gullible") deserves, and received, another.

As for why we should believe them? Because they are a reputable news organization, and it is consistent with other reporting from multiple sources on the corruption within the DOJ under Barr/Trump and the outrage so many in the DOJ are expressing towards how this insanity has proceeded, it is also consistent with Trump's observed behavior over the last many years.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Time to call a mistrial...

Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump views surface, raising new questions about his trial and conviction

https://www.foxnews.com/us/roger-sto...and-conviction
        As I said before, half this country is anti-trump. The jury will end up with about 1/2 against trump and 1/2 for, so the probability the foreman was 'anti' is about 50%. This is not evidence of a 'biased' jury.

It simply means that Stone was tried by a 'jury of his peers'. And unless you can show that Juror broke the law or interfered with the normal Jury deliberations in an obstructive way, it should have nothing to do with the fairness of the trial. The only way to have avoided it or something like it would have been to explicitly exclude anyone that didn't like trump - i.e. to forcefully bias the jury.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          One school yard taunt ("You are so gullible") deserves, and received, another.
          Perhaps it's time for you to drop the "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets" from your signature, Jim. Unless, of course, you want to start following that example.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Perhaps it's time for you to drop the "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets" from your signature, Jim. Unless, of course, you want to start following that example.
            No - its a good reminder to me and to others reading my posts*. And I do, in fact, follow that example far more than most here, especially the set of characters getting their jolly's tossing insults my direction.

But you are right in that I need to do better. Which is why I keep that byline in play, even if sometimes it is embarrassing to have failed to heed it.

*take care not to be of the sort of person for whom that byline is only just another excuse to condemn someone else.
            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-13-2020, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Right. I used to like that song when I was a kid.

But the problem here is not the point I'm making, it's the fact so many of you are wiling to accept this latest set of moves by Trump as 'justified' - don't get me wrong - I fully expected it.

And I fully expected your One-A-Day Trump rants (Sponsored by the "lead you around by the bull ring" MSM) to occur. And right on cue...

I just was curious what tack you guys would take in justifying him.
              The fact that you started the thread with the phrase "King Trump" gives you ZERO leverage. You immediately show you aren't interested in anything other than bashing Trump and anyone not on board with your fetish.

As a general rule, the less you can handle the cognitive dissonance associated with justifying something Trump has done, the more you invoke TDS and 'The ox is crazy'.
              Oh, no. You having TDS and being a loon have nothing to do with my responses. Had I never responded the first time, you would still be nuttier than squirrel poop and suffering from a raging obsession with Trump's caricature created by the MSM.

So, now we know
              We've known for a while Jim. We are just too nice to really tell you what we think about your fixation...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

No - its a good reminder to me and to you.
                Ah, the old "do as I say not as I do" argument.

And I do, in fact, follow that example far more that most here, especially the set of characters get their jolly's tossing insults my direction.
                And even the "I thank God I'm not like these wretched sinners" boast.

But you are right in that I need to do better. Which is why I keep it there.
                You keep saying that, Jim, then going right back to your old ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  We've known for a while Jim. We are just too nice to really tell you what we think about your fixation...
                  Not really. Once I figured out that the phrase "there are none so blind as those who will not see" applied, I stopped bothering; besides, it's bad for my blood pressure.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    The fact that you started the thread with the phrase "King Trump" ...
                    I did that just for you.

Comment

Why we should believe [CNN]? Because they are a reputable news organization...

You have to be doing this deliberately!
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                        I think people prefer 'God-Emperor' to 'King' as a title for Trump. Mainly because it upsets lefties more than 'King'.

Just gonna leave this here...

God-Emperor Trump.jpg

Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Ah, the old "do as I say not as I do" argument.

And even the "I thank God I'm not like these wretched sinners" boast.
                          I'm sorry you are unable to understand the difference between what I said and what you just quoted.

You keep saying that, Jim, then going right back to your old ways.
                          Have you noticed that you like to hit at me hardest any time I admit any sort of fault?

So, when you can admit my admonishments about your behavior towards JimL influenced you, we can talk.

Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-13-2020, 01:15 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry you are unable to understand the difference between what I said and what you just quoted.
                            Yes, that's it --- gotta be a misunderstanding on my part.

Comment

So, when you can admit my admonishments about your behavior towards JimL influenced you, we can talk.
                              It wasn't your admonishments, Jim, it was your psychotic behavior.

Comment

Yes, that's it --- gotta be a misunderstanding on my part.
                                It doesn't have to be a lack of understanding CP, it just is. And I would try to explain it to you, but, no that would not work.

You are not out for a good outcome CP or a positive change in my behavior - you are out for revenge.

And that pretty much puts the kibosh on civil conversation from line 1.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-13-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment