Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: King Trump stretches his new legs

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    You are being naive if you think Barr did this without consideration of the Presidents will or demand. It just doesn't happen otherwise.
    And you're a BOOB* for thinking you know what I think about this.

Right CP, you have no idea? I think you have a pretty good idea. How's that for mind reading?
    Like I said, it wouldn't shock me, but I wasn't there.

*CP doesn't really think Jim is a BOOB - maybe one with small letters
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 02-12-2020 at 04:57 PM.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You don't seem to understand that people's behaviors can be observed without resorting to mind reading. And that behavior patterns are mostly excellent predictors of new behavior. I wonder how that escaped you?

Keep 'em coming, man! You're hilarious!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

Keep 'em coming, man! You're hilarious!
    I Try. Good to know I'm making someone happy
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I've only skimmed this yawn-fest.

IMO, Bad Orange Man should have just let things play out, and then commute the sentence or pardon entirely -- preferably with some fanfare and glee.

As I recall, Stone is a jerk, but the dramatic, over-the-top methods used in his arrest in and of themselves deserved compensation in the form of leniency.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It gets worse - for the Dems:

Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors

It's weeks like this that make people question whether the universe is out to get them. The rational ones stop doing whatever is making God unhappy with them.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post

Roger Stone jury foreperson's anti-Trump social media posts surface after she defends DOJ prosecutors

It's weeks like this that make people question whether the universe is out to get them. The rational ones stop doing whatever is making God unhappy with them.
    At least half the country doesn't like Trump. The chance there would be at least one person on Stone's jury that didn't like Trump: 100%. They just had to figure out who it was and how many.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Having examined the story further, I have no problems with what DOJ did. (As noted in another thread, Turley has problems with the intervention, but has long said the prosecution was severely excessive.)

I think those who assert with dogmatic certainty that the prosecutors should be "independent" are silly. They are under DOJ, and DOJ is under POTUS. That's just the way it is. If AG, DOJ, or POTUS believes they are out of line, they can and should intervene.

In contrast to my prior post, I actually *like* that this happened, because it revealed and exorcised four more smelly feces-encrusted swamp-rats, and it's driving all the libiots bonkers.

Once sentence is passed, Bad Orange Man should probably *also* pardon Stone, for the way he was treated throughout his prosecution.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    At least half the country doesn't like Trump. The chance there would be at least one person on Stone's jury that didn't like Trump: 100%. They just had to figure out who it was and how many.
    Try actually reading the article, Jim.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

9. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

At the rate they are going this week is gonna look like their halcyon days compared to the first week of this coming November.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

11. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The fact that she was actively posting during the trial and may have lied about her political affiliations during pretrial questioning is the kind of stuff that can get convictions overturned.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

13. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.