Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: King Trump stretches his new legs

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

King Trump stretches his new legs

So, after firing vindman and Sondland, the president has decided to openly abuse his power and enlist the supposedly neutral DOJ and Barr to get a criminal off. He has inserted himself directly into the Justice system WRT the sentancing of Roger Stone. To the point ALL FOUR PROSECUTOR RESIGNED from the case.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/polit...one/index.html

And I was just chastised in another thread for daring to think Trump is exacting revenge on those FBI agents who may have been a bit to eager to find out if Trump's shady connections and shady hires presented a danger to our national security.

And yet, here he is, openly, brazenly inserting himself into the sentencing phase of a criminal trial on behalf of his (blatently criminal) 'friend' Roger Stone. To the point the prosecutors resigned in protest - ALL of them.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

2. Amen Timothy amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I appreciate both your completely calm and unbiased summary of this event, and the incredibly fair and balanced source you cited.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    So, after firing vindman and Sondland, the president has decided to openly abuse his power and enlist the supposedly neutral DOJ and Barr to get a criminal off. He has inserted himself directly into the Justice system WRT the sentancing of Roger Stone. To the point ALL FOUR PROSECUTOR RESIGNED from the case.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/polit...one/index.html

And I was just chastised in another thread for daring to think Trump is exacting revenge on those FBI agents who may have been a bit to eager to find out if Trump's shady connections and shady hires presented a danger to our national security.

And yet, here he is, openly, brazenly inserting himself into the sentencing phase of a criminal trial on behalf of his (blatently criminal) 'friend' Roger Stone. To the point the prosecutors resigned in protest - ALL of them.
    Good for him, 7-9 years was unjust...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

5. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The silver lining of this new state of TDS is no more 'Drumpf is going down!!!!!!'. Finally.
    . Bloomberg, by comparison, may be the candidate that most of the Founders hoped would arise: a wealthy patrician, much like them, who would use his vast resources and influence to defeat what he views as disruptive elements in the nation’s political system.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I appreciate both your completely calm and unbiased summary of this event, and the incredibly fair and balanced source you cited.
    You are welcome.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Good for him, 7-9 years was unjust...
    That would have been for the Judge to decide, not POTUS.

At least, that is how the Framers of the constitution and the Founding fathers designed our government and justice system.

POTUS inserting himself into the system with his new found boldness is called 'abuse of power' and is the sort of thing that created the recognition there needed to be the capacity to impeach/remove a rogue president.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-12-2020 at 10:33 AM.

9. Amen Timothy amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    The silver lining of this new state of TDS is no more 'Drumpf is going down!!!!!!'. Finally.
    There is no silver lining to the unknown level of power that the president now enjoys. However, I do hope he does not, is not able to, take it to the point people like you would actually begin to push back, because that threshold is so far over the cliff there would be no capacity to recover. We would be his royal subjects by that point.

That is why I'm call him King Trump now. That is what you want. A king, someone that can trample all over anyone that would oppose him. Someone that can't be stopped from doing what you think you want done he wants.

But that is NOT how the government of the US is designed to work. And that is EVERYTHING the founding fathers were trying to avoid.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-12-2020 at 10:31 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There is no silver lining to the unknown level of power that the president now enjoys. However, I do hope he does not, is not able to, take it to the point people like you would actually begin to push back, because that threshold is so far over the cliff there would be no capacity to recover. We would be his royal subjects by that point.

That is why I'm call him King Trump now. That is what you want. A king, someone that can trample all over anyone that would oppose him. Someone that can't be stopped from doing what you think you want done he wants.

But that is NOT how the government of the US is designed to work. And that is EVERYTHING the founding fathers were trying to avoid.
    King Trump? Really, Jim?

Have you ever seen a king removed from office by means of a democratic election? Is there such a mechanism for an actual king?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    King Trump? Really, Jim?

Have you ever seen a king removed from office by means of a democratic election? Is there such a mechanism for an actual king?
    O ye of little faith. Trump will declare himself king, and nobody will dare contest him on that point!!1!1!1!1!!!1!!!1
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That would have been for the Judge to decide, not POTUS.

At least, that is how the Framers of the constitution and the Founding fathers designed our government and justice system.

POTUS inserting himself into the system with his new found boldness is called 'abuse of power' and is the sort of thing that created the recognition there needed to be the capacity to impeach/remove a rogue president.
    And it is still for a Judge to decide. I mean really Jim 7-9 years for lying, which at his age could be a death sentence. Do you really think that is just Jim - honestly?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...