Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: King Trump stretches his new legs

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    So, after firing vindman and Sondland, the president has decided to openly abuse his power and enlist the supposedly neutral DOJ and Barr to get a criminal off. He has inserted himself directly into the Justice system WRT the sentancing of Roger Stone. To the point ALL FOUR PROSECUTOR RESIGNED from the case.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/12/polit...one/index.html

And I was just chastised in another thread for daring to think Trump is exacting revenge on those FBI agents who may have been a bit to eager to find out if Trump's shady connections and shady hires presented a danger to our national security.

And yet, here he is, openly, brazenly inserting himself into the sentencing phase of a criminal trial on behalf of his (blatently criminal) 'friend' Roger Stone. To the point the prosecutors resigned in protest - ALL of them.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

That is why I'm call him King Trump now.
    demi hears he will be enthroned in 2021, and all you haters will be forced to swear loyalty or be exiled.
    Trump is basically "Bruce Wayne pretending to be a foppish retarded billionaire" tier genius, in case nerds need a simpler metaphor.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by demi-conservative View Post
    demi hears he will be enthroned in 2021, and all you haters will be forced to swear loyalty or be exiled.
    yeah - let's hope not
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    And it is still for a Judge to decide. I mean really Jim 7-9 years for lying, which at his age could be a death sentence. Do you really think that is just Jim - honestly?
    A judge held over a barrel by Barr and Trump.

Source: CNN

In an extraordinary move, all four federal prosecutors who took the case against longtime Donald Trump confidant Roger Stone to trial withdrew Tuesday after top Justice Department officials undercut them and disavowed the government's recommended sentence against Stone.

The mass withdrawal of the career prosecutors on the case was a stunning response to the controversial and politically charged decision by Attorney General William Barr and other top Justice Department officials to reduce prosecutors' recommended sentence of up to nine years, which came just hours after Trump publicly criticized it on Twitter.

© Copyright Original Source

To your point, I would not know seer. I don't know what is normal for what he did. But let us suppose it's way too much. It still is not the place for POTUS to insert himself, and in doing so he is asserting a very bad imbalance of power.

Trumps legitimate power would allow him to pardon Stone - would it not? That is where he can legitimately assert his opinion if he wishes to (though it may well still be abuse of power - the purpose of the power to pardon is not to let actual criminals go free)
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-12-2020 at 11:40 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

In an extraordinary move, all four federal prosecutors who took the case against longtime Donald Trump confidant Roger Stone to trial withdrew Tuesday after top Justice Department officials undercut them and disavowed the government's recommended sentence against Stone.

The mass withdrawal of the career prosecutors on the case was a stunning response to the controversial and politically charged decision by Attorney General William Barr and other top Justice Department officials to reduce prosecutors' recommended sentence of up to nine years, which came just hours after Trump publicly criticized it on Twitter.

To your point, I would not know seer. I don't know what is normal for what he did. But let us suppose it's way too much. It still is not the place for POTUS to insert himself, and in doing so he is asserting a very bad imbalance of power.

Trumps legitimate power would allow him to pardon Stone - would it not? That is where he can legitimately assert his opinion if he wishes to (though it may well still be abuse of power - the purpose of the power to pardon is not to let actual criminals go free)
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

He lied Jim, that is what he did. It is not worth nine years and you know it. Trump should just pardon him...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He lied Jim, that is what he did. It is not worth nine years and you know it. Trump should just pardon him...
    A King can do that?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good grief seer, that's not the point. The point is it is not for Trump to decide, out side him issuing a pardon. So you not believe in the separation of powers principle of our government?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Good grief seer, that's not the point. The point is it is not for Trump to decide, out side him issuing a pardon. So you not believe in the separation of powers principle of our government?
    Trump did not decide anything, that is the Judge's job.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Gee, it would be great if we had such things as Courts of Appeals or a Supreme Court to review manifest judicial error.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

11. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.