Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Senate GOP blocks three election security bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Now you have once again left the realm of rational discussion. If you are or have been in the Army, then one way or another you know that sometimes national security requires you do things that push the limits or need to be 'on the down low'. So either you're funnin us about being in the Army, or you are being hypocritical in this response.
    The core values of the Air Force are:

Integrity First
    Service Before Self
    Excellence in all you do

I’ve been an NCO for a long time Jim, but I’ll tell my superiors what they need to hear vs what they want to hear. Sorry Jim, but if Trump was such a problem and his associates such criminals, there is no need to lie to get a warrant. You have just shown, you could care less about Trump’s integrity, you only care because you want to feel morally superior, without being superior. Cops should not lie, to the courts, and should seek Justice, no matter their personal feelings. Lying, to get a warrant, is horrible and those people should be wearing orange for doing that.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So what I got here is via JimL and Oxi is:

Lying, cheating, stealing, etc is okay when it comes to ‘getting Trump’ because he is such a criminal.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        So what I got here is via JimL and Oxi is:

Lying, cheating, stealing, etc is okay when it comes to ‘getting Trump’ because he is such a criminal.
        You would expect them to at least be outraged at our federal law enforcement for blowing their case against someone who is (at least in their minds) so obviously guilty.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          You would expect them to at least be outraged at our federal law enforcement for blowing their case against someone who is (at least in their minds) so obviously guilty.
          We are outraged, couldn't be any more so, knowing that the republican party and the DOJ are as guilty of the cover-up as the President is of the crime. You don't realize the kind of man you put in the White House and the kind of men he has surrounded himself with. But one way or the other you are going to find out, and you're not going to be happy no matter which way that is.

Comment

Now you have once again left the realm of rational discussion. If you are or have been in the Army, then one way or another you know that sometimes national security requires you do things that push the limits or need to be 'on the down low'. So either you're funnin us about being in the Army, or you are being hypocritical in this response.
            She would also know that Vindman did exactly what the military taught him to do, which is to refuse to follow illegal orders and report it when he sees them.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              She would also know that Vindman did exactly what the military taught him to do, which is to refuse to follow illegal orders and report it when he sees them.
              And do say, what ‘illegal orders’ did Vindman report, with the laws that were broken?
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                They don’t care because if it so obvious Trump is guilty, there would be no need to lie because the truth would serve just fine. Investigators should care about facts, evidence, and truth. The fact they don’t care that several FBI agents and lawyers violated the law and people’s rights, for their vendetta, Shows integrity and lawful conduct don’t matter to them at all. Thus all the talk about Trump’s lack of honesty and integrity is just talk.
                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 02-14-2020, 06:35 AM.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And do say, what ‘illegal orders’ did Vindman report, with the laws that were broken?
                  He reported the illegal call to White House council Eisenberg and was told to keep quiet about it. Eisenberg then hid the trancript away in a highly secured server. Vindman did the right thing by reporting it to the IG who found the complaint to be highly credible and very serious and reported it to Congress.

Comment

They don’t care because if it so obvious Trump is guilty, there would be no need to lie because the truth would serve just fine. Investigators should care about facts, evidence, and truth. The fact they don’t care that several FBI agents and lawyers violated the law and people’s rights, for their vendetta, Shows integrity and lawful conduct don’t matter to them at all. Thus all the talk about Trump’s lack of honesty and integrity is just talk.
                    You're such a joke, Lilpix. A Trumpster pretending to care about facts and truth.

Comment

Oh yeah - they are on a roll now. Gotta make sure the Ruskie's aren't hampered in their efforts to help get Trump back for a second term ...
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If the bomb was found before it went off, would you still be whining about how it was found?
                        If a tree falls in the forest, do wet birds still fly at night?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He reported the illegal call to White House council Eisenberg and was told to keep quiet about it. Eisenberg then hid the trancript away in a highly secured server. Vindman did the right thing by reporting it to the IG who found the complaint to be highly credible and very serious and reported it to Congress.
                          It’s a crime to put transcripts on a secured server? Since when? List the broken law. I’ll wait.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You're such a joke, Lilpix. A Trumpster pretending to care about facts and truth.
                            It’s obvious you don’t or you’d be upset with investigators lying to the courts, to get a warrant.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post

What are you talking about? First of all, there was nothing illegal about the phone call. This can be verified simply by reading the transcript. Even Vindman in his testimony to the House refused to be pinned down on declaring the phone call improper, saying that he only believed it to be improper (in other words, he was doing nothing more than expressing his opinion rather than declaring an objective fact).

Furthermore, Vindman didn't blow the whistle; rather, he improperly leaked privileged details of the phone call (along with his own embellishments) to CIA stooge Eric Ciarmella who was the one who eventually wrote the whistle blower complaint in coordination with Shifty Schiff. And this after the IG changed the rules to allow unverified hearsay as a whistle blower complaint.

Seriously, man, find some better sources, because your grasp of the facts is tenuous at best.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                Is there a good a reason to block any bill which seeks to make sure our elections are protected and only influenced by Americans?
                                Nope, so why are the Democrats so against voter registration ID laws?

Comment