Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 91

Thread: Senate GOP blocks three election security bills

  1. #71
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,660
    Amen (Given)
    5355
    Amen (Received)
    23250
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    They're not, all voters have to register, but they are against corrupt republican legislators illegally throwing people of the registration rolls, moving polling places without notification, forcing college students to return to their home states in order to vote, throwing out ballots because the signature looks slightly different than the one on the register etc etc. That's how republicans win, and we know you're okay with that. We'd most likely have a democrat governor in Georgia right now if not for the current Governors election shananigans.
    Yes, they are against simple ID laws such as showing an ID at the polls. Any law that would protect our elections by making sure only citizens can vote are consistently blocked by democrats.

  2. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  3. #72
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,268
    Amen (Given)
    2005
    Amen (Received)
    1616
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Yes, they are against simple ID laws such as showing an ID at the polls. Any law that would protect our elections by making sure only citizens can vote are consistently blocked by democrats.
    That there are people illegally voting is a canard used by republicans to suppress the vote and that has been adjudicated and proven time and time again. It is not only ID laws, it is the removing of people from the registers, the closing and moving of polling stations, the rejecting of ballots due to signatures that look slightly different than previously etc etc. That is how republicans win, and that is why you are all for it, not because you want to protect the system.

  4. #73
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,660
    Amen (Given)
    5355
    Amen (Received)
    23250
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    That there are people illegally voting is a canard used by republicans to suppress the vote and that has been adjudicated and proven time and time again. It is not only ID laws, it is the removing of people from the registers, the closing and moving of polling stations, the rejecting of ballots due to signatures that look slightly different than previously etc etc. That is how republicans win, and that is why you are all for it, not because you want to protect the system.
    So you aren't for any bills which seek to make sure our elections are protected and only influenced by Americans, after all?

  5. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  6. #74
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,902
    Amen (Given)
    289
    Amen (Received)
    1125
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    In fact, the Mueller report's case for Russian attempts to influence the election is shockingly weak and contradictory.

    But a close examination of the report shows that none of those headline assertions are supported by the report’s evidence or other publicly available sources. They are further undercut by investigative shortcomings and the conflicts of interest of key players involved:

    * The report uses qualified and vague language to describe key events, indicating that Mueller and his investigators do not actually know for certain whether Russian intelligence officers stole Democratic Party emails, or how those emails were transferred to WikiLeaks.
    * The report's timeline of events appears to defy logic. According to its narrative, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange announced the publication of Democratic Party emails not only before he received the documents but before he even communicated with the source that provided them.
    * There is strong reason to doubt Mueller’s suggestion that an alleged Russian cutout called Guccifer 2.0 supplied the stolen emails to Assange.
    * Mueller’s decision not to interview Assange – a central figure who claims Russia was not behind the hack – suggests an unwillingness to explore avenues of evidence on fundamental questions.
    * U.S. intelligence officials cannot make definitive conclusions about the hacking of the Democratic National Committee computer servers because they did not analyze those servers themselves. Instead, they relied on the forensics of CrowdStrike, a private contractor for the DNC that was not a neutral party, much as “Russian dossier” compiler Christopher Steele, also a DNC contractor, was not a neutral party. This puts two Democrat-hired contractors squarely behind underlying allegations in the affair – a key circumstance that Mueller ignores.
    * Further, the government allowed CrowdStrike and the Democratic Party's legal counsel to submit redacted records, meaning CrowdStrike and not the government decided what could be revealed or not regarding evidence of hacking.
    * Mueller’s report conspicuously does not allege that the Russian government carried out the social media campaign. Instead it blames, as Mueller said in his closing remarks, "a private Russian entity" known as the Internet Research Agency (IRA).
    * Mueller also falls far short of proving that the Russian social campaign was sophisticated, or even more than minimally related to the 2016 election. As with the collusion and Russian hacking allegations, Democratic officials had a central and overlooked hand in generating the alarm about Russian social media activity.
    * John Brennan, then director of the CIA, played a seminal and overlooked role in all facets of what became Mueller’s investigation: the suspicions that triggered the initial collusion probe; the allegations of Russian interference; and the intelligence assessment that purported to validate the interference allegations that Brennan himself helped generate. Yet Brennan has since revealed himself to be, like CrowdStrike and Steele, hardly a neutral party -- in fact a partisan with a deep animus toward Trump.

    None of this means that the Mueller report's core finding of "sweeping and systematic" Russian government election interference is necessarily false. But his report does not present sufficient evidence to substantiate it.

    https://www.realclearinvestigations....ng_claims.html

    Which is to say that if you were asked to prove Russian interference, and your evidence was the Mueller report, then you would have an uphill battle on very steep slope. 2-years and $30 million dollars for Mueller to basically shrug his shoulders and say, "We really don't know."
    Also, something I hardly EVER see anyone talking about, the company that alleged to have discovered Russian bots in social media endorsing Trump, New Knowledge, was the same company that got caught creating fake Russian bots to try and frame a Republican running for the senate in Alabama. I'm not sure if the Mueller report referenced this company or the Russian bots, but the Senate intelligence report definitely referenced this company and their findings.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

  7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  8. #75
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,268
    Amen (Given)
    2005
    Amen (Received)
    1616
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So you aren't for any bills which seek to make sure our elections are protected and only influenced by Americans, after all?
    The only bills republicans come up with are those which undermine free and democratic elections by purposely suppressing the opposition vote and we've seen that over and over again.

  9. #76
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,897
    Amen (Given)
    1556
    Amen (Received)
    3519
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The only bills republicans come up with are those which undermine free and democratic elections by purposely suppressing the opposition vote and we've seen that over and over again.
    “Minorities are not smart enough to figure things out without the help of rich, white, liberals, to give them a hand!”

    Yep, not racist at all.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  10. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
  11. #77
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,268
    Amen (Given)
    2005
    Amen (Received)
    1616
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    “Minorities are not smart enough to figure things out without the help of rich, white, liberals, to give them a hand!”

    Yep, not racist at all.
    Did I mention minorities, or their abilities? You give yourself away again, Lilpix.

  12. #78
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,897
    Amen (Given)
    1556
    Amen (Received)
    3519
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Did I mention minorities, or their abilities? You give yourself away again, Lilpix.
    Jimmy, who do Democrats say this effects most?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  13. #79
    tWebber Tassman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney/Phuket
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,129
    Amen (Given)
    2605
    Amen (Received)
    1896
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    In fact, the Mueller report's case for Russian attempts to influence the election is shockingly weak and contradictory.


    Which is to say that if you were asked to prove Russian interference, and your evidence was the Mueller report, then you would have an uphill battle on very steep slope. 2-years and $30 million dollars for Mueller to basically shrug his shoulders and say, "We really don't know."
    I guess it depends which commentary you are relying upon. The majority follow the following interpretation:

    “Robert Mueller has advised Americans to go back and actually read his report if we want to understand what happened in 2016. “We chose those words carefully, and the work speaks for itself,”

    “The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion,” Mueller wrote. This help “favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.”

    The Trump campaign “expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,” and it “welcomed” this help.

    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ueller/590467/
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

  14. #80
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    52,660
    Amen (Given)
    5355
    Amen (Received)
    23250
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    The only bills republicans come up with are those which undermine free and democratic elections by purposely suppressing the opposition vote and we've seen that over and over again.
    So you say, but all they actually do is say that voters need to provide ID. Most states already have those laws. Only some Democrat controlled states don't. Usually in states where there is a large population of illegal aliens.

    So basically you aren't interested in protecting the integrity of our elections. You are just against anything the Republicans do.

  15. Amen Bill the Cat, NorrinRadd amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •