Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Senate GOP blocks three election security bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    The only bills republicans come up with are those which undermine free and democratic elections by purposely suppressing the opposition vote and we've seen that over and over again.
    “Minorities are not smart enough to figure things out without the help of rich, white, liberals, to give them a hand!”

Yep, not racist at all.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      “Minorities are not smart enough to figure things out without the help of rich, white, liberals, to give them a hand!”

Yep, not racist at all.
      Did I mention minorities, or their abilities? You give yourself away again, Lilpix.

Comment

Did I mention minorities, or their abilities? You give yourself away again, Lilpix.
        Jimmy, who do Democrats say this effects most?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          In fact, the Mueller report's case for Russian attempts to influence the election is shockingly weak and contradictory.

Which is to say that if you were asked to prove Russian interference, and your evidence was the Mueller report, then you would have an uphill battle on very steep slope. 2-years and $30 million dollars for Mueller to basically shrug his shoulders and say, "We really don't know."
          I guess it depends which commentary you are relying upon. The majority follow the following interpretation:

“Robert Mueller has advised Americans to go back and actually read his report if we want to understand what happened in 2016. “We chose those words carefully, and the work speaks for itself,”

“The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion,” Mueller wrote. This help “favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.”

The Trump campaign “expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,” and it “welcomed” this help.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ueller/590467/
          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

The only bills republicans come up with are those which undermine free and democratic elections by purposely suppressing the opposition vote and we've seen that over and over again.
            So you say, but all they actually do is say that voters need to provide ID. Most states already have those laws. Only some Democrat controlled states don't. Usually in states where there is a large population of illegal aliens.

So basically you aren't interested in protecting the integrity of our elections. You are just against anything the Republicans do.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Also, something I hardly EVER see anyone talking about, the company that alleged to have discovered Russian bots in social media endorsing Trump, New Knowledge, was the same company that got caught creating fake Russian bots to try and frame a Republican running for the senate in Alabama. I'm not sure if the Mueller report referenced this company or the Russian bots, but the Senate intelligence report definitely referenced this company and their findings.
              I don't know if Mueller ever said anything about Russian bots, but there was his infamous indictment against Russian troll farms which he claimed were linked to the Russian government, only when the companies in question hired lawyers to contest the charges, the Mueller team had to sheepishly admit to the judge that they didn't actually have any evidence, and then the case just quietly went away.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Tassmoron View Post
                I guess it depends which commentary you are relying upon. The majority follow the following interpretation:

“Robert Mueller has advised Americans to go back and actually read his report if we want to understand what happened in 2016. “We chose those words carefully, and the work speaks for itself,”

“The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion,” Mueller wrote. This help “favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.”

The Trump campaign “expected it would benefit electorally from information stolen and released through Russian efforts,” and it “welcomed” this help.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ueller/590467/
                I'm aware of the liberal narrative, you dope; however, that narrative is not actually supported by the facts uncovered by Dirty Cop Mueller's witch hunt which contains a number of vague and qualified claims, impossible timelines, and unverified assertions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  So you say, but all they actually do is say that voters need to provide ID. Most states already have those laws. Only some Democrat controlled states don't. Usually in states where there is a large population of illegal aliens.

So basically you aren't interested in protecting the integrity of our elections. You are just against anything the Republicans do.
                  I suspect that if it ever becomes common for illegal aliens to receive state issued drivers licenses, liberals will happily support voter ID laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I don't know if Mueller ever said anything about Russian bots, but there was his infamous indictment against Russian troll farms which he claimed were linked to the Russian government, only when the companies in question hired lawyers to contest the charges, the Mueller team had to sheepishly admit to the judge that they didn't actually have any evidence, and then the case just quietly went away.
                    That was clearly a publicity stunt designed to convince folks that he was making progress.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No Sparko, that is not all they actually do and unless you confine yourself within the conservative propaganda bubble, you know better.

Comment

No Sparko, that is not all they actually do and unless you confine yourself within the conservative propaganda bubble, you know better.
                        Yes, Jim that is what they do. That's why they call them "Voter ID Laws"

Merely repeating yourself doesn't make it true. For example the Voter ID law in Arizona that the liberals were all against, that merely required Voters to bring state-issued photo ID with them to the polling place.

Comment

Yes, Jim that is what they do. That's why they call them "Voter ID Laws"

Merely repeating yourself doesn't make it true. For example the Voter ID law in Arizona that the liberals were all against, that merely required Voters to bring state-issued photo ID with them to the polling place.
                          They do much more than that to suppress the vote, Sparko. There's Purging of voter rolls, limiting early and absentee voting, voting procedure disinformation, rejecting ballots due to signatures being slightly different. They have many tricks up their sleeves, not to mention the overly restrictive I.D. requirments is some states.

Comment

They do much more than that to suppress the vote, Sparko. There's Purging of voter rolls, limiting early and absentee voting, voting procedure disinformation, rejecting ballots due to signatures being slightly different. They have many tricks up their sleeves, not to mention the overly restrictive I.D. requirments is some states.
                            No they don't Jim. Unlike the democrats who can bring the dead back to life to vote.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]42893[/ATTACH]
                                Purging voter rolls (caging lists,) limiting early and absentee voting, voting procedure disinformation, and highly restrictive and targeted ID requirements. You guys know this, you're not stupid, you're just complicit with the underming of democracy because you're afraid you can't win in a fair and free democratic process.
                                Last edited by JimL; 02-20-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment