Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Senate GOP blocks three election security bills

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Oh - nothing takes the cake like the conspiracies around the deep, dark, evil democrats having been out to illegally remove Trump by whatever means necessary since the day he popped onto the radar. I mean, they have the FBI, the CIA, QAnon, evil ambassadors, trickster whistleblowers, even hidden servers in the deepest darkest Ukraine. Why - they even have the evil Parks service stuffing fake timestamps on inaugurations photos and substituting photos from other events, all just to make sure Trump's biggest inauguration ever isn't found out! Oh yeah, it goes way deep, deep, deep down in the darkest of the dark

DEEEEEEEEP STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!

I got nuthin' on you guys ...
    If you're one of those who still think that Trump colluded with Putin even after Mueller's report and subsequent testimony before Congress then you aren't the pot calling the kettle black you're more like the pot calling a snowball black. You'd be deep into faked moon landing/geocentrism territory.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

2. Amen NorrinRadd, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    If you're one of those who still think that Trump colluded with Putin even after Mueller's report and subsequent testimony before Congress then you aren't the pot calling the kettle black you're more like the pot calling a snowball black. You'd be deep into faked moon landing/geocentrism territory.
    Which is why I suspect he's just trolling now with many of his latest posts. Who besides the lowest of the low-info crowd still believes that Russia was in any way responsible for Trump's victory over Hillary, or that Trump is now effectively a king after the Senate acquitted him of the sham impeachment charges? As hard as ox tries to play the part, I can't convince myself that he's really that stupid.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Which is why I suspect he's just trolling now with many of his latest posts. Who besides the lowest of the low-info crowd still believes that Russia was in any way responsible for Trump's victory over Hillary, or that Trump is now effectively a king after the Senate acquitted him of the sham impeachment charges? As hard as ox tries to play the part, I can't convince myself that he's really that stupid.
    IIRC I read that over 40% of Democrats still believe that Trump colluded with the Russians. Look at Adam Schiff, in the first sentence that he spoke after being introduced as a House Manager for the impeachment he was claiming that Trump "cheated" during the 2016 election. And I don't recall which of the House Managers kept talking about how Trump was seeking to "legitimize" his presidency which obviously implies that they didn't think his election was legitimate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    IIRC I read that over 40% of Democrats still believe that Trump colluded with the Russians. Look at Adam Schiff, in the first sentence that he spoke after being introduced as a House Manager for the impeachment he was claiming that Trump "cheated" during the 2016 election. And I don't recall which of the House Managers kept talking about how Trump was seeking to "legitimize" his presidency which obviously implies that they didn't think his election was legitimate.
    It wasn't legitimate, and he and the republicans are doing all they can to insure that, if need be, it will be illigitimate once again.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh - nothing takes the cake like the conspiracies around the deep, dark, evil democrats having been out to illegally remove Trump by whatever means necessary since the day he popped onto the radar. I mean, they have the FBI, the CIA, QAnon, evil ambassadors, trickster whistleblowers, even hidden servers in the deepest darkest Ukraine. Why - they even have the evil Parks service stuffing fake timestamps on inaugurations photos and substituting photos from other events, all just to make sure Trump's biggest inauguration ever isn't found out! Oh yeah, it goes way deep, deep, deep down in the darkest of the dark

DEEEEEEEEP STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!

I got nuthin' on you guys ...
    So the FBI didnít lie to the courts, to get the warrants it wanted, to spy on the Trump campaign?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The lunacy is on the right who are so blind to what Trump is up too that they continue to follow him like rats following the piper.
    Last edited by JimL; 02-13-2020 at 08:36 AM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Because you claimed I'm gullible to false narratives.
    If the shoe fits, Cindy.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There are several issues here.

First, there was a good deal of evidence for overt cooperation with Russian efforts that did not rise to the level of collusion. Your statement kinda, sorta, pretty much sweeps that under the Rug.

Second, there is also a good deal of evidence that Russia's interference in the election targeted getting Trump elected (and dividing the country, which in reality are one and the same goal)

They were successful in that both targets were achieved.

I'm not saying anything about Trump that is not supported by the evidence. And you remain the one in faked moon landing territory if you are tagging along with the ideas mentioned in my previous post - which targetted MM of course. AFAIK, he still thinks the park service faked inauguration photos.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So the FBI didnít lie to the courts, to get the warrants it wanted, to spy on the Trump campaign?
    That is irrelevant in that it is not evidence for the DEEEEEEEEEP STAAAAAAATE. What it is evidence for is that the red flags Trumps contacts and hires were raising were so big and so RED that FBI agents - whose concern for the national security of the US was correctly activated - overstepped their bounds.

The mistake you are making is in pretending these were personal vindictive actions, and what you are ignoring is that the actions they took to surveil Trump were a response to a legitimate threat that needed to be investigated. I will not fault them if their zeal for the security and well being of their country caused them to push legal boundaries. That they do deserve some sort of reprimand after the fact I will agree, but no more than that. They do not deserve what Trump is pushing for.

The people that support Trump in this support retribution for trying to protect the country from what by all measures of potential threat was a MAJOR alarm.

The biggest problem in that for TWEB Trump supporters and Trump himself is in admitting those associations are legitimately a potential threat - which in no uncertain terms - they ARE.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-13-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

11. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That is irrelevant in that it is not evidence for the DEEEEEEEEEP STAAAAAAATE. What it is evidence for is that the red flags Trumps contacts and hires were raising were so big and so RED that FBI agents - whose concern for the national security of the US was correctly activated - overstepped their bounds.

This mistake you are making is in pretending these were personal vindictive actions, and what you are ignoring is that the actions they took to surveil Trump were a response to a legitimate threat that needed to be investigated. I will not fault them if their zeal for the security and well being of their country caused them to push legal boundaries. That they do deserve some sort of reprimand after the fact I will agree, but no more than that. They do not deserve what Trump is pushing for.

The people that support Trump in this support retribution for trying to protect the country from what by all measures of potential thread was a MAJOR alarm.
    So you dispute the report where the IG states that the FBI lied to the courts and withheld information, in order to get its warrants? If they were valid concerns, why lie?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy