Thread: Senate GOP blocks three election security bills

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    From The sHill

Senate Republicans blocked an effort by Democrats to unanimously pass three election security-related bills Tuesday, marking the latest attempt to clear legislation ahead of the November elections

Democrats tried to get consent to pass two bills that require campaigns to alert the FBI and Federal Election Commission (FEC) about foreign offers of assistance, as well as legislation to provide more election funding and ban voting machines from being connected to the internet.

Is there a good a reason to block any bill which seeks to make sure our elections are protected and only influenced by Americans? If the bills were flawed why won't the Republicans offer up an alternative implementation?
    Because the election process we have now is fine. There are no Russian boogiemen influencing US voters on a mass scale; that's a false narrative, propagated by intelligence (the same intelligence that lied about WMDs in Iraq) to justify their purpose and their insane federal budgets.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post

I can't take you seriously!
    Well of course not. If what I'm saying is even close to the truth then you've been supporting with abandon one of the most corrupt administrations to ever occupy the oval office. That would not be a comfortable place to be.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Because the election process we have now is fine. There are no Russian boogiemen influencing US voters on a mass scale; that's a false narrative, propagated by intelligence (the same intelligence that lied about WMDs in Iraq) to justify their purpose and their insane federal budgets.
    Trump's false narrative about the intelligence community has found fertile ground in you I see.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Trump's false narrative about the intelligence community has found fertile ground in you I see.
    Shad up, TDS stooge.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Well of course not. If what I'm saying is even close to the truth then you've been supporting with abandon one of the most corrupt administrations to ever occupy the oval office. That would not be a comfortable place to be.
    Spoken like a true conspiracy theory nutter!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shad up, TDS stooge.
    Ah - now we move to just being nasty. No more Mr. nice guy - eh?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Spoken like a true conspiracy theory nutter!
    Oh - nothing takes the cake like the conspiracies around the deep, dark, evil democrats having been out to illegally remove Trump by whatever means necessary since the day he popped onto the radar. I mean, they have the FBI, the CIA, QAnon, evil ambassadors, trickster whistleblowers, even hidden servers in the deepest darkest Ukraine. Why - they even have the evil Parks service stuffing fake timestamps on inaugurations photos and substituting photos from other events, all just to make sure Trump's biggest inauguration ever isn't found out! Oh yeah, it goes way deep, deep, deep down in the darkest of the dark

DEEEEEEEEP STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE!!!!!!!!!!

I got nuthin' on you guys ...
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-12-2020 at 05:52 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Ah - now we move to just being nasty. No more Mr. nice guy - eh?
    Tit for tat, bro.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Tit for tat, bro.
    Right! I note you've bought into a false narrative about the intelligence community, then you call me a stooge. That is what 'tit for tat' looks like to you?
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-12-2020 at 06:28 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Right! I note you've bought into a false narrative about the intelligence community, then you call me a stooge. That is what 'tit for tat' looks like to you?
    Because you claimed I'm gullible to false narratives, instead of studying the history of our intelligence community and its false propaganda, including the disinfo about foreign election meddling.