Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Senate GOP blocks three election security bills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So you dispute the report where the IG states that the FBI lied to the courts and withheld information, in order to get its warrants? If they were valid concerns, why lie?
    I'm concernerned by info suggesting that a bomb may have been placed in the oval office, if a lie helps me to find out if that is true, then I'm going to lie to find out. Btw, what lie are you talking about, specifically?

Comment

So you dispute the report where the IG states that the FBI lied to the courts and withheld information, in order to get its warrants? If they were valid concerns, why lie?
      I'm not 'disputing' anything other than the idea that Trump and especially Trump's campaign hires legitimately needed to be surveiled. Mistakes in procedure do not nullify that fact.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        I'm concernerned by info suggesting that a bomb may have been placed in the oval office, if a lie helps me to find out if that is true, then I'm going to lie to find out. Btw, what lie are you talking about, specifically?
        So lying is okay, as long as it ‘gets Trump’. For all the whining about Trump and your claims of his lawless behavior, you’re sure willing to look the other way when it’s your side with the lawless behavior.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          I'm not 'disputing' anything other than the idea that Trump and especially Trump's campaign hires legitimately needed to be surveiled. Mistakes in procedure do not nullify that fact.
          So lying and illegal behavior is okay, as long as it ‘gets Trump’. For all the whining and belling aching you produce, you’re sure willing to overlook illegal and immoral behavior, when it suits you.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So lying is okay, as long as it ‘gets Trump’. For all the whining about Trump and your claims of his lawless behavior, you’re sure willing to look the other way when it’s your side with the lawless behavior.
            If the bomb was found before it went off, would you still be whining about how it was found? And again, what lie are you talking about specifically, or do you even know what you are talking about?

Comment

If the bomb was found before it went off, would you still be whining about how it was found?
              So ‘unconstitutional actions are okay, when they suit me’. We’re not talking about a bomb Jimmy, we’re talking about attempts to remove the elected president. Even if it takes unethical and illegal actions to do so. It’s funny really, this thread started off as liberals whining about Trump and the GOP and currently has liberals making excuses for the lying deceit of our unelected officials. Nice!
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So ‘unconstitutional actions are okay, when they suit me’. We’re not talking about a bomb Jimmy, we’re talking about attempts to remove the elected president. Even if it takes unethical and illegal actions to do so. It’s funny really, this thread started off as liberals whining about Trump and the GOP and currently has liberals making excuses for the lying deceit of our unelected officials. Nice!
                I'm talking a hypothetica, Lilpix. Can you answer the hypothetical?

Comment

Let’s not forget the hypocrisy here of the TDS crowd.

Trump says that the Bidens should be investigated = ‘election interference, impeach him now!!!!’

The Obama administration spies on the Trump campaign by lying, misdirecting, and flat out illegal behavior to fool the courts into granting warrants =

So much for ethics and integrity!
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I'm talking a hypothetica, Lilpix. Can you answer the hypothetical?
                    Can you explain how your hypothetical applies here?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So lying and illegal behavior is okay, as long as it ‘gets Trump’. For all the whining and belling aching you produce, you’re sure willing to overlook illegal and immoral behavior, when it suits you.
                      Yes, there are legitimate instances where pushing the truth, or even lying, can be justified in the interests of national security. Personal gain is not one of them - so you can't pass off Trump's actions on that - but the national security interests of the US rises to that level. The specifics of this case, I do not know in enough detail. But clearly Comey was annoyed with the shortcuts they took, the data they omitted, and he would be one that both recognizes the threat Trump represents and the need for order and the rule of law. So, I would probably concede that if he believes these agents were out of line, they probably were. At the same time, Trump and especially his hires needed to be surveiled and you are ignoring that fact in your apparent desire to see him succeed in his vengeance.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

They weren't "mistakes". They were deliberate violations of the law for purely political purposes because there was no legitimate predicate to begin an investigation into Trump and his campaign.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, there are legitimate instances where pushing the truth, or even lying, can be justified in the interests of national security. Personal gain is not one of them - so you can't pass off Trump's actions on that - but the national security interests of the US rises to that level. The specifics of this case, I do not know in enough detail. But clearly Comey was annoyed with the shortcuts they took, the data they omitted, and he would be one that both recognizes the threat Trump represents and the need for order and the rule of law. So, I would probably concede that if he believes these agents were out of line, they probably were. At the same time, Trump and especially his hires needed to be surveiled and you are ignoring that fact in your apparent desire to see him succeed in his vengeance.
                          Nice excuses, why don’t you just say:

“Anything is excusable, as long as it gets Trump.”

Well at least we know you’ll throw ethics and integrity out the window, as long as it ‘gets Trump!’
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Let’s not forget the hypocrisy here of the TDS crowd.

Trump says that the Bidens should be investigated = ‘election interference, impeach him now!!!!’

The Obama administration spies on the Trump campaign by lying, misdirecting, and flat out illegal behavior to fool the courts into granting warrants =

So much for ethics and integrity!
                            No hypocrisy. Just the difference between personal gain (dirt on biden in preparations for the election) and the national security interests of the US (ANY US citizen applying for a clearance would be investigated, and likely REJECTED, with the Russian contacts and associations Trump maintained)

So Pix, do you acknowledge that the sort of contacts Trump has would raise red flags in any security investigation? I know for a fact they would - you should too.

Why can't you bring yourself to admit that is a very different situation than the situation associated with Biden?

Comment

Nice excuses, why don’t you just say:

“Anything is excusable, as long as it gets Trump.”

Well at least we know you’ll throw ethics and integrity out the window, as long as it ‘gets Trump!’
                              Now you have once again left the realm of rational discussion. If you are or have been in the Army, then one way or another you know that sometimes national security requires you do things that push the limits or need to be 'on the down low'. So either you're funnin us about being in the Army, or you are being hypocritical in this response.

Comment

No hypocrisy. Just the difference between personal gain (dirt on biden in preparations for the election) and the national security interests of the US (ANY US citizen applying for a clearance would be investigated, and likely REJECTED, with the Russian contacts and associations Trump maintained)

So Pix, do you acknowledge that the sort of contacts Trump has would raise red flags in any security investigation? I know for a fact they would - you should too.

Why can't you bring yourself to admit that is a very different situation than the situation associated with Biden?
                                I see, so it’s okay to lie, as long as it’s getting Trump. If his connections were so questionable, why lie? Shouldn’t the truth be enough?
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment