Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contraception, Conscientious objectors, and the American conscience

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Like I said your posts are hard to parse. I was not sure if you were being sarcastic or not. I find most of your posts absurd and over the top, so this was not much different
    I could tell he was sarcastic, I just couldn't figure out what his point was supposed to be.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraceth View Post
    I could tell he was sarcastic, I just couldn't figure out what his point was supposed to be.
    Note the opening line, typically called the topic sentence, questions the practical and theoretical limits of liberty, using the test case heading to Court. Each of the following phrases juxtaposes contradictory ideas (Leviathan and benign government, the frail and elderly nuns upholding the most conservative of values as radical malcontents, Bull Conner, german shepherds and firehoses as a trinity of social stability).

The following post is not sarcastic, rather it lays out some unresolved issues, both of the secular world and within Christianity. "sentiment" does not mean sentimentality and unicorns, rather it deals with basic beliefs and worldviews.

This series of Court cases is steeped in questions of constitutional law and the conflicting views of Christians on sexual ethics as well as the alignment of positive law with Christian ethics. The Church has been dealing with the question of whether error has rights for centuries, and that question is what we have today. There will be no "victory" possible with this, the unresolved questions will merely be kicked down the road.

Does error have rights?

The sad part is if advocated the stoning of dems, atheists, or liberals, then it would have been clear.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    Note the opening line, typically called the topic sentence, questions the practical and theoretical limits of liberty, using the test case heading to Court. Each of the following phrases juxtaposes contradictory ideas (Leviathan and benign government, the frail and elderly nuns upholding the most conservative of values as radical malcontents, Bull Conner, german shepherds and firehoses as a trinity of social stability).

The following post is not sarcastic, rather it lays out some unresolved issues, both of the secular world and within Christianity. "sentiment" does not mean sentimentality and unicorns, rather it deals with basic beliefs and worldviews.

This series of Court cases is steeped in questions of constitutional law and the conflicting views of Christians on sexual ethics as well as the alignment of positive law with Christian ethics. The Church has been dealing with the question of whether error has rights for centuries, and that question is what we have today. There will be no "victory" possible with this, the unresolved questions will merely be kicked down the road.

Does error have rights?

The sad part is if advocated the stoning of dems, atheists, or liberals, then it would have been clear.
    Maybe if you didn't use a $100 word where a $5 one would do? I am a simple, country pirate. I don't go in for all that fancy jawin'.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe if you didn't use a $100 word where a $5 one would do? I am a simple, country pirate. I don't go in for all that fancy jawin'.
    Abortion is not explicitly in view here, the word occurs nowhere. Might want to take out a loan, because many of the same concepts common to the abortion debate is found in this topic.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Abortion is not explicitly in view here, the word occurs nowhere. Might want to take out a loan, because many of the same concepts common to the abortion debate is found in this topic.
    I was commenting on why I have a hard time parsing your posts and thinking you are serious when you meant to be ironic.

I know I didn't use any big words in my last post yet you responded about something I didn't even mention. Are you reading my posts in some parallel universe or something?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I was commenting on why I have a hard time parsing your posts and thinking you are serious when you meant to be ironic.

I know I didn't use any big words in my last post yet you responded about something I didn't even mention. Are you reading my posts in some parallel universe or something?
    It is possible to be serious using an ironic voice. Using straightforward and direct language makes it less likely the topic will be discussed here on Tweb.

I know you didn't mention abortion. My suggesting the loan to get some words has to do with the familiarity with ideas and arguments (words, ideas, and arguments are related, both use the same Greek word, logos). The same arguments on the Little Sisters court case do involve the same arguments undergirding abortion arguments.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It is possible to be serious using an ironic voice. Using straightforward and direct language makes it less likely the topic will be discussed here on Tweb.

I know you didn't mention abortion. My suggesting the loan to get some words has to do with the familiarity with ideas and arguments (words, ideas, and arguments are related, both use the same Greek word, logos). The same arguments on the Little Sisters court case do involve the same arguments undergirding abortion arguments.
    Gar to fingle jup, no strank if the domp glorn fo?

8. Amen mossrose, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.