Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hebrew language and Genesis 1

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    The idea presupposes that God is not omniscient and made a mistake that he later corrected.
    Not really. As I understand it, it had to do with Justice and Mercy.

In the future, the universe will return to the Divine attribute of Justice, with Mercy concealed within, thus uniting all apparent opposites.

I had a Rabbi look at this and he was confused. Another Jew who teaches Hebrew said: That certainly doesn't come from a plain reading of the Torah text

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian3 View Post
    Not really. As I understand it, it had to do with Justice and Mercy.

In the future, the universe will return to the Divine attribute of Justice, with Mercy concealed within, thus uniting all apparent opposites.

I had a Rabbi look at this and he was confused. Another Jew who teaches Hebrew said: That certainly doesn't come from a plain reading of the Torah text
    It said:

“Initially, God intended to create it with the attribute of Justice. But then He saw that the world cannot exist [with only Justice], so He gave priority to the attribute of Mercy, and joined it with the attribute of Justice.” (Pesikta Rabbati 40)

If God is omniscient, he would have realized that the world cannot exist with only Justice all along. There would be no "but..."

So it is presupposing that God didn't know everything and made a mistake which he then corrected.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    It said:

“Initially, God intended to create it with the attribute of Justice. But then He saw that the world cannot exist [with only Justice], so He gave priority to the attribute of Mercy, and joined it with the attribute of Justice.” (Pesikta Rabbati 40)

If God is omniscient, he would have realized that the world cannot exist with only Justice all along. There would be no "but..."

So it is presupposing that God didn't know everything and made a mistake which he then corrected.
    You are right, Sparko. Thanks.