Tales of Emergency Services

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales of Emergency Services

I know several twebbers are or were police or firefighters. I would love it if they could record some of their stories here. Stories of heroism and action. Stories of comedy and tragedy(hopefully not too many sad stories). Stories that made an impact in the lives of others!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I know several twebbers are or were police or firefighters. I would love it if they could record some of their stories here. Stories of heroism and action. Stories of comedy and tragedy(hopefully not too many sad stories). Stories that made an impact in the lives of others!
    I was a firefighter for ten years and I had a rep for being somewhat reckless yet I had a number of awards for life saving and bravery. So a sad story. My first car accident with a fatality. We got a call for an over turned car about 2am, four teenagers. The car had flipped as they were coming abound a corner. A girl was driving, the boy (17 years old) in the front passenger seat was leaning out the window to throw and empty beer bottle as the car flipped (they were all drunk) . He hit his head on a set of steel steps on the side of the road. When we got there the driver was out of the car - no injuries. The boy in the back seat had a broken femur coming through his skin and pants, the girl in the back seat had a crushed hip. The kid who hit the steps was out of the car on the ground. My officer knew he was going to die and had me care for him while the rest of the crew rescued the others. I sat next to him and held him in my arms, there was a lot of blood and brain matter. Yet he was still breathing and his eyes were lively, you could see that he was scared. I just held him and talked to him, but by the time the ambulance got there he was dead. It was the first person (but not the last) who died in my arms. After over forty years I still remember his face and his name - Kent.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Found it! Could I please have more stories? Maybe a happy story to make up for the tragic one?
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment