Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Most See Impeachment As Failed Strategy, Want Democrats to Move On

  1. #1
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576

    Most See Impeachment As Failed Strategy, Want Democrats to Move On

    Most See Impeachment As Failed Strategy, Want Democrats to Move On

    So, for those who were insisting that the American people wanted Trump removed from office, this new poll tends to dispel that myth...

    [bolding mine]

    Impeachment is over and done with as far as most voters are concerned. The House Democrats’ failed effort to remove President Trump has just made him stronger politically, voters say.

    The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that only 32% of Likely U.S. Voters think House Democrats should continue their efforts to remove Trump from office. Sixty-two percent (62%) say Democrats in Congress should now focus on other issues. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  2. #2
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    56,332
    Amen (Given)
    1181
    Amen (Received)
    20666
    And yet folks like Eric Swalwell are already talking about the possibility of starting hearings for impeachment over Roger Stone.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #3
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    10,619
    Amen (Given)
    1546
    Amen (Received)
    3475
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    And yet folks like Eric Swalwell are already talking about the possibility of starting hearings for impeachment over Roger Stone.
    Never interrupt your enemy, while he is making a mistake.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  4. #4
    tWebber EvoUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    682
    Amen (Given)
    79
    Amen (Received)
    249
    I'd say they were right - if only because if it wasn't clear before that the republicans would close ranks and not vote to impeach regardless, it's certainly clear now. Though in many people's eyes he absolutely should be impeached and removed from office, it is a wasted effort, so they should concentrate on other matters.

    I would be surprised if voters who previously thought he should be removed from office have changed their minds, however.

  5. #5
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    I'd say they were right - if only because if it wasn't clear before that the republicans would close ranks and not vote to impeach regardless, it's certainly clear now. Though in many people's eyes he absolutely should be impeached and removed from office, it is a wasted effort, so they should concentrate on other matters.

    I would be surprised if voters who previously thought he should be removed from office have changed their minds, however.
    I think what happened was that the Democrats had created such a poisonous environment (in that it looked like hate and revenge, not "taking care of business"), and acted with such obvious scorn and disdain that they blew their opportunity to put on a serious impeachment.

    Putting Adam Schiff as head of this circus was a major mistake on the part of the Democrats.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. #6
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,085
    Amen (Given)
    6112
    Amen (Received)
    7485
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoUK View Post
    I'd say they were right - if only because if it wasn't clear before that the republicans would close ranks and not vote to impeach regardless, it's certainly clear now.
    It was clear to anybody who paid even half attention that the House inquiry was a sham, and the case the Democrats brought to the Senate wasn't even good enough for a civil court let alone removing a duly elected president from office.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  7. #7
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It was clear to anybody who paid even half attention that the House inquiry was a sham, and the case the Democrats brought to the Senate wasn't even good enough for a civil court let alone removing a duly elected president from office.
    It's still amazing how contradictory they were (and they couldn't even see it) in declaring with great confidence that they had OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE, but they couldn't proceed without calling witnesses and obtaining ... um.... evidence.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  8. #8
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,085
    Amen (Given)
    6112
    Amen (Received)
    7485
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think what happened was that the Democrats had created such a poisonous environment (in that it looked like hate and revenge, not "taking care of business"), and acted with such obvious scorn and disdain that they blew their opportunity to put on a serious impeachment.

    Putting Adam Schiff as head of this circus was a major mistake on the part of the Democrats.
    That was nothing more than the Democrats overcompensating for the fact that they had no case. Like the old joke about the preacher's margin notes: "Weak point. Yell louder."
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  9. #9
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    51,976
    Amen (Given)
    5252
    Amen (Received)
    22994
    Schumer let slip the real reason for the impeachment was to benefit democrats and hurt Republicans. In other words, they were abusing their power to influence the next election. The exact thing they were impeaching Trump for.

    ---
    “It’s been a positive for us,” Schumer said, adding that Democratic “data shows every one of their [Republican] Senate candidates has had problems.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sch...-for-democrats


    I think he will be surprised at election time.

  10. #10
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    60,424
    Amen (Given)
    13032
    Amen (Received)
    27576
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Schumer let slip the real reason for the impeachment was to benefit democrats and hurt Republicans. In other words, they were abusing their power to influence the next election. The exact thing they were impeaching Trump for.

    ---
    “It’s been a positive for us,” Schumer said, adding that Democratic “data shows every one of their [Republican] Senate candidates has had problems.”
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sch...-for-democrats


    I think he will be surprised at election time.
    I think he will be even more surprised when he stands before the Lord.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •