Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why do pro abortion people think we are jerks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do pro abortion people think we are jerks?

I just want the mom and baby to be helped instead of put through a horrifying experience that rips the baby to pieces! And pro choice people sometimes think we just don't like women! Even though I am a woman! And I probably could not have children even if I tried! Don't really want to do the "trying" part anyway, but it's the principle of the matter. Thousands of innocent babies are brutally slaughtered every day and there are women who would love to have a baby. And those precious little ones are just thrown away like garbage!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

They love their sin, and hate anyone that confronts them about it.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        Why do pro abortion people think we are jerks?
        Why does that matter? Just do what is right.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

I am sad they have it so wrong. I don't like people being deceived into thinking evil is good.

Comment

From what I understand of it folks might think that a pro life position that does not entail certain other positions are hypocritical.
            I think h ok wever that another part of it is that as Saint Paul said if you have not love you are a resounding cymbal.
            When you state your pro life views do you do it to look better than others? Do you care for the plight of those that have had abortions? What about the father? If you want to be loving you have to remember that people can both be redeemed and guided. So we must avoid being like the pharisee at the wall and well to be honest that can be pretty hard sometimes.

I hope my answer is succinct enough for you.
            sigpic

Comment

I really do hope you guys read my answer.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                They love their sin, and hate anyone that confronts them about it.
                Thankfully people can an do repent every day. Also some folks are misinformed.
                Spread the truth in love.
                Look into folks like Lee Strobel or Abby Johnson or Alvida Ming on their testimonies about this.
                sigpic

Comment

Abby Johnson is one of the last examples I would use for speaking the truth in love. She can be downright cruel even to other pro lifers.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Abby Johnson is one of the last examples I would use for speaking the truth in love. She can be downright cruel even to other pro lifers.
                    How so?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                      How so?
                      I had a very negative interaction years ago with her on Facebook. She was trying to push a discredited conspiracy theory unrelated to abortion (that Obama is a secret Muslim), and she was rude condescending to me about it when I disagreed.

At the March for Life last month, she gave a speech saying some nasty things about Christians who voted for third parties because they did not like President Trump. Pro-life apologist Clinton Wilcox was there and said that it was very ungracious. I was discussing it on his Facebook wall, and another woman who is pro-life chimed in and said that Abby had blocked her years ago because she said that we should not make nasty comments to pro-choice people.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                        I just want the mom and baby to be helped instead of put through a horrifying experience that rips the baby to pieces! And pro choice people sometimes think we just don't like women! Even though I am a woman! And I probably could not have children even if I tried! Don't really want to do the "trying" part anyway, but it's the principle of the matter. Thousands of innocent babies are brutally slaughtered every day and there are women who would love to have a baby. And those precious little ones are just thrown away like garbage!
                        With respect to what The Wall and KG said, I tend to agree. Among some factions of the pro life movement there is an ugly covered stance that only "some" life is valuable and a refusal to aknowledge that everyone's life is valuable. As Christians, Jesus gave some very specific commands on how to treat others. To relegate that to just one specific population is wrong.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah, that does not help the cause. One can't insult people to the truth. Not all pro choice people are incorrigible fools. Every group likely has some foolish persons that make everyone else in the group look bad. And some people don't need to use social media.

Comment

In general I try to learn from folks. Even those I admire for their work have things that are not good and some of the people I disagree with heavily have said things that have helped me become a better person.

In not just helping children and the unborn I want to try to well be neighborly and well that can be really hard sometimes. It is hard to love your neighbor as self especially if you have a hard time being your own self at all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Chaotic Void

Just a friendly reminder that Pro-Life Activism 301 is NOT a Debate Area.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by Chaotic Void; 03-12-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X