Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Why do pro abortion people think we are jerks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your point? Are you trying to debate? This is not a debate area!
    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 03-12-2020, 12:14 PM.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Chaotic Void

Just a friendly reminder that Pro-Life Activism 301 is NOT a Debate Area.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Amen!

Comment

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: mossrose

Please note the guidelines for this forum state "This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here." There are other places to take your post.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
        Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by mossrose; 08-24-2020, 06:28 PM.
        America - too good to let the conservatives drag it back to 1950.

Comment

The fact that Abby Johnson of all possible pro-life advocates was the one to speak at the RNC is a blow for the pro-life movements. Her recent statements about how each household should get one vote, with the man of the house getting the final say provide ammunition for those who say that pro-lifers enjoy restricting women's rights.

I've interacted with her before. She is not a nice person, she is inflammatory, and she can't argue her way out of a paper bag.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            The fact that Abby Johnson of all possible pro-life advocates was the one to speak at the RNC is a blow for the pro-life movements. Her recent statements about how each household should get one vote, with the man of the house getting the final say provide ammunition for those who say that pro-lifers enjoy restricting women's rights.

I've interacted with her before. She is not a nice person, she is inflammatory, and she can't argue her way out of a paper bag.
            Woaw.

Comment

can you cite the source for this?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post

can you cite the source for this?
                http://www.money.yahoo.com/amphtml/a...135448846.html

Or search for "Abby Johnson household voting". She confirmed on her personal Twitter account right before the RNC that this is her view.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                  I just want the mom and baby to be helped instead of put through a horrifying experience that rips the baby to pieces! And pro choice people sometimes think we just don't like women! Even though I am a woman! And I probably could not have children even if I tried! Don't really want to do the "trying" part anyway, but it's the principle of the matter. Thousands of innocent babies are brutally slaughtered every day and there are women who would love to have a baby. And those precious little ones are just thrown away like garbage!
                  I do not support abortion but I also don't think a religious view can be imposed on all others in the USA given the separation in the constitution. We are not in reality a 'Christian nation' and should not impose that faith and its ethics on the nation.

Comment

Comment

In my experience, pro-choicers accuse pro-lifers of reducing their goals to only being "Pro-birth", thus earning their ire when these matters are taken to the public sphere and in the realm of law. There is merit in those criticisms (thus calling us jerks, heheh), and it genuinely bothers me that great efforts are expended in safeguarding the baby, yet the mother is outright abandoned or neglected.
                      Here where I live (Guatemala), the issue is extra thorny due to insane amount of child/teenage births that still occur (about 5,500 registered births per month average in 2019 on girls between 10-19), tons of them due to rape, and almost all of them from poor households. I for one find it extremely bothersome (especially to fellow Christians) that little to no support is given to these mothers from pro-lifers (condemning them and the child to misery), yet go out of their way to speak of insuring the sanctity of life and hardly move a finger to safeguard them. Very few churches and pro-lifers go out of their way in actually supporting them via this manner, wether facilitating adoption or helping the mother by incorporating them into an extended family/church (when the biological one kicks them out of their household). The ire of pro-choicers is not entirely unreasonable.

I've always considered the vocation of Pro-life to actually support life as a whole, not just merely safeguarding the birth of the babe in the womb, but all too often we as Church fail in that matter.
                      Ladino, Guatemalan, Hispanic, and Latin, but foremostly, Christian.
                      As of the 1st of December, 2020, officially anointed as this:

"Seinfeld had its Soup Nazi. Tweb has its Taco Nazi." - Rogue06 , https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...e3#post1210559

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

I do not support abortion but I also don't think a religious view can be imposed on all others in the USA given the separation in the constitution. We are not in reality a 'Christian nation' and should not impose that faith and its ethics on the nation.
                        Abortion has nothing to do with religion. There are secular pro life people. They are pro life for same reasons they wouldn't want born people to be killed.

Comment

Abortion has nothing to do with religion. There are secular pro life people. They are pro life for same reasons they wouldn't want born people to be killed.
                          Of course it does. Most people who are against abortion are religious and base their stance on religious values. Even secular people are influenced by a western culture influenced over the centuries by religion. There are secular people against abortion but the vast majority against it are religious.

A major disagreement concerns when life begins, when there is a human being. I cannot and should not, given the constitution, impose my belief, based on my religious values on all others - especially (and in spite of the efforts of many, including politicians like the trumpeter to state otherwise) since this is not a Christian nation.

Comment

Originally posted by thormas View Post

Of course it does. Most people who are against abortion are religious and base their stance on religious values. Even secular people are influenced by a western culture influenced over the centuries by religion. There are secular people against abortion but the vast majority against it are religious.

A major disagreement concerns when life begins, when there is a human being. I cannot and should not, given the constitution, impose my belief, based on my religious values on all others - especially (and in spite of the efforts of many, including politicians like the trumpeter to state otherwise) since this is not a Christian nation.
                            This is sounding debatey. Since this is a non debate area, please cease.

Comment

This is sounding debatey. Since this is a non debate area, please cease.
                              No problem although not my intention but, as you requested, I will leave you to it.

Apologies.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X