Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Dems want a war with Iran?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    what a weird thread. ask a rhetorical question in the title, then get a couple posters suggesting an answer. then other posters acting baffled.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplicio View Post
    what a weird thread. ask a rhetorical question in the title, then get a couple posters suggesting an answer. then other posters acting baffled.
    All of your threads are weird, Simplicio.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    All of your threads are weird, Simplicio.
    But are they more weird than the responses they draw, Sparko?

Given the first few responses to this thread, one could ask if the Dems want war.

Another question to ask is if some Christians here accept that the Dems do want war with Iran.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But are they more weird than the responses they draw, Sparko?

Given the first few responses to this thread, one could ask if the Dems want war.

Another question to ask is if some Christians here accept that the Dems do want war with Iran.
    What kind of fight are you trying to pick this time?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What kind of fight are you trying to pick this time?
    But was it me who chose this issue? I wrote an OP, and Christians certainly presented their views, views which suggested that they thought the title question plausible and probable.

My question to you is if Christians regard the issue of Dems wanting war with Iraq as reasonable, or is it an irrational position to take.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    But was it me who chose this issue?
    Uh, yeah. You started the thread.

I wrote an OP, and Christians certainly presented their views, views which suggested that they thought the title question plausible and probable.

My question to you is if Christians regard the issue of Dems wanting war with Iraq as reasonable, or is it an irrational position to take.
    You didn't answer my question.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Uh, yeah. You started the thread.

You didn't answer my question.
    Duh, Sparko. I did start the thread and within a page it was apparent that Christian adopted a position which others thought to be outside the norm, (a fringe idea debunked by a straw argument for an idea no one ever heard about!). While "no one ever heard about it", two Christian demonstrated that they thought it quite consistent with a reasoned view.

A reasoned political view about Democrats or fringe conspiracy theory? Duh, Sparko.

A fringe idea, or an idea which is part and parcel of the thought of religious conservatives? Duh, Sparko.

An idea which no one ever heard about even though it pops up here on a regular basis? Duh, Sparko

And Starlight brought up an example from the past: a trivial point which no one remembers or an example of conservative thought? Duh, Sparko.

Duh, Sparko. When was the last time you actually thought it appropriate to apply the same standards to those deemed to be proper Christians? "Duh" is fright!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Duh, Sparko. I did start the thread and within a page it was apparent that Christian adopted a position which others thought to be outside the norm, (a fringe idea debunked by a straw argument for an idea no one ever heard about!). While "no one ever heard about it", two Christian demonstrated that they thought it quite consistent with a reasoned view.

A reasoned political view about Democrats or fringe conspiracy theory? Duh, Sparko.

A fringe idea, or an idea which is part and parcel of the thought of religious conservatives? Duh, Sparko.

An idea which no one ever heard about even though it pops up here on a regular basis? Duh, Sparko

And Starlight brought up an example from the past: a trivial point which no one remembers or an example of conservative thought? Duh, Sparko.

Duh, Sparko. When was the last time you actually thought it appropriate to apply the same standards to those deemed to be proper Christians? "Duh" is fright!
    Are you going to answer my question?

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Why are you so upset over this? There is grace and humility in listening when people are giving you helpful critique. Maybe you haven't argued much on forums before, maybe english isn't your first language, maybe you're just trying to come off as clever and not realizing that what you're writing is back firing. That's why I posted what I did. It wasn't meant to upset you. I highlighted to you that your posts are unhelpful and confuses, and that it is not clear at all what position your advancing is.

You can keep doing this, but then you'll just turn into a crank simplico. You'll wind up with threads where you start to be the sole poster, responding to yourself, adding to the thread as if it was a blog instead of dialoging.

That was ultimately what happened to Augustine.
    Last edited by Leonhard; 02-26-2020 at 11:16 AM.

10. Amen Sparko, Terraceth amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonhard View Post
    Why are you so upset over this? There is grace and humility in listening when people are giving you helpful critique. Maybe you haven't argued much on forums before, maybe english isn't your first language, maybe you're just trying to come off as clever and not realizing that what you're writing is back firing. That's why I posted what I did. It wasn't meant to upset you. I highlighted to you that your posts are unhelpful and confuses, and that it is not clear at all what position your advancing is.

You can keep doing this, but then you'll just turn into a crank simplico. You'll wind up with threads where you start to be the sole poster, responding to yourself, adding to the thread as if it was a blog instead of dialoging.

That was ultimately what happened to Augustine.
    What makes you think I am so upset, Leonhard?

Perhaps it is more about disappointment.