Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do Dems want a war with Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a weird thread. ask a rhetorical question in the title, then get a couple posters suggesting an answer. then other posters acting baffled.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      what a weird thread. ask a rhetorical question in the title, then get a couple posters suggesting an answer. then other posters acting baffled.
      All of your threads are weird, Simplicio.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        All of your threads are weird, Simplicio.
        But are they more weird than the responses they draw, Sparko?

Given the first few responses to this thread, one could ask if the Dems want war.

Another question to ask is if some Christians here accept that the Dems do want war with Iran.

Comment

But are they more weird than the responses they draw, Sparko?

Given the first few responses to this thread, one could ask if the Dems want war.

Another question to ask is if some Christians here accept that the Dems do want war with Iran.
          What kind of fight are you trying to pick this time?

Comment

What kind of fight are you trying to pick this time?
            But was it me who chose this issue? I wrote an OP, and Christians certainly presented their views, views which suggested that they thought the title question plausible and probable.

My question to you is if Christians regard the issue of Dems wanting war with Iraq as reasonable, or is it an irrational position to take.

Comment

But was it me who chose this issue?
              Uh, yeah. You started the thread.

I wrote an OP, and Christians certainly presented their views, views which suggested that they thought the title question plausible and probable.

My question to you is if Christians regard the issue of Dems wanting war with Iraq as reasonable, or is it an irrational position to take.
              You didn't answer my question.

Comment

Uh, yeah. You started the thread.

You didn't answer my question.
                Duh, Sparko. I did start the thread and within a page it was apparent that Christian adopted a position which others thought to be outside the norm, (a fringe idea debunked by a straw argument for an idea no one ever heard about!). While "no one ever heard about it", two Christian demonstrated that they thought it quite consistent with a reasoned view.

A reasoned political view about Democrats or fringe conspiracy theory? Duh, Sparko.

A fringe idea, or an idea which is part and parcel of the thought of religious conservatives? Duh, Sparko.

An idea which no one ever heard about even though it pops up here on a regular basis? Duh, Sparko

And Starlight brought up an example from the past: a trivial point which no one remembers or an example of conservative thought? Duh, Sparko.

Duh, Sparko. When was the last time you actually thought it appropriate to apply the same standards to those deemed to be proper Christians? "Duh" is fright!

Comment

Duh, Sparko. I did start the thread and within a page it was apparent that Christian adopted a position which others thought to be outside the norm, (a fringe idea debunked by a straw argument for an idea no one ever heard about!). While "no one ever heard about it", two Christian demonstrated that they thought it quite consistent with a reasoned view.

A reasoned political view about Democrats or fringe conspiracy theory? Duh, Sparko.

A fringe idea, or an idea which is part and parcel of the thought of religious conservatives? Duh, Sparko.

An idea which no one ever heard about even though it pops up here on a regular basis? Duh, Sparko

And Starlight brought up an example from the past: a trivial point which no one remembers or an example of conservative thought? Duh, Sparko.

Duh, Sparko. When was the last time you actually thought it appropriate to apply the same standards to those deemed to be proper Christians? "Duh" is fright!
                  Are you going to answer my question?

Comment

Why are you so upset over this? There is grace and humility in listening when people are giving you helpful critique. Maybe you haven't argued much on forums before, maybe english isn't your first language, maybe you're just trying to come off as clever and not realizing that what you're writing is back firing. That's why I posted what I did. It wasn't meant to upset you. I highlighted to you that your posts are unhelpful and confuses, and that it is not clear at all what position your advancing is.

You can keep doing this, but then you'll just turn into a crank simplico. You'll wind up with threads where you start to be the sole poster, responding to yourself, adding to the thread as if it was a blog instead of dialoging.

That was ultimately what happened to Augustine.
                    Last edited by Leonhard; 02-26-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      Why are you so upset over this? There is grace and humility in listening when people are giving you helpful critique. Maybe you haven't argued much on forums before, maybe english isn't your first language, maybe you're just trying to come off as clever and not realizing that what you're writing is back firing. That's why I posted what I did. It wasn't meant to upset you. I highlighted to you that your posts are unhelpful and confuses, and that it is not clear at all what position your advancing is.

You can keep doing this, but then you'll just turn into a crank simplico. You'll wind up with threads where you start to be the sole poster, responding to yourself, adding to the thread as if it was a blog instead of dialoging.

That was ultimately what happened to Augustine.
                      What makes you think I am so upset, Leonhard?

Perhaps it is more about disappointment.

Comment

Do dems want war with Iran?
                        - It is a practice with historical precedence

- Dems would actually want a war

- Dems have a scorched earth policy

Gee, what a ridiculous idea, why would anyone start an OP with that question? It is a debunked idea!

The thread on corona virus has Christians questioning which conspiracy du jour is too much, yet Satan and his minions are apparently behind everything. Abortion, opposition to Trump, even the resolution of the SBC (oops, that is a taboo subject for snowflake Christians so easily triggered).

Do Christians ever bother to actually look at the rhetoric they use?

Comment

Do dems want war with Iran?
                          - It is a practice with historical precedence

- Dems would actually want a war

- Dems have a scorched earth policy

Gee, what a ridiculous idea, why would anyone start an OP with that question? It is a debunked idea!

The thread on corona virus has Christians questioning which conspiracy du jour is too much, yet Satan and his minions are apparently behind everything. Abortion, opposition to Trump, even the resolution of the SBC (oops, that is a taboo subject for snowflake Christians so easily triggered).

Do Christians ever bother to actually look at the rhetoric they use?
                          Aren't you a Christian?

Comment

Aren't you a Christian?
                            If you are a rational actor, then it follows that you have reason to ask that question. So I will ask the question: Is there anything in my post(s) which suggest that I am not a Christian?

Comment

If you are a rational actor, then it follows that you have reason to ask that question. So I will ask the question: Is there anything in my post(s) which suggest that I am not a Christian?
                              The fact that you refer to Christians as if you were not part of the group. ["Do Christians ever bother to actually look at the rhetoric they use?"]

Along with your constant stream of negative comments about "Christians"

I figure it is a slip of the tongue, so to speak, when you go on your tirades and forget that you claim to BE a Christian.

Comment

The fact that you refer to Christians as if you were not part of the group. ["Do Christians ever bother to actually look at the rhetoric they use?"]

Along with your constant stream of negative comments about "Christians"

I figure it is a slip of the tongue, so to speak, when you go on your tirades and forget that you claim to BE a Christian.
                                Maybe if more Christians asked that, things would be different.

Comment