Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Do Dems want a war with Iran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slick View Post
    Exactly what part of "some" are you unable to comprehend?

I haven't seen the evidence for wanting war in Iran but did provide examples for wanting a recession etc.
    Oh, I am able to comprehend what "some" means and implies.

Post numbers 2 and 3 answered the title question, as consistent with the aims of the Dems.

Did you know the definition of "some"? It can refer to a segment of the whole population in question. You are making a distinction here over "some", a distinction you yourself will not recognize elsewhere!

DUH.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Just like some were hoping for a recession (Bill Maher for one) because it would hurt Trump, and were against peace with North Korea if Trump got credit (see "The Break with Michelle Wolf"), I think there are some who think a pandemic is a small price to pay.
      And don't just take my word for it.

Maher: I'm "Hoping" For "A Crashing Economy" So We Can Get Rid Of Trump, "Bring On The Recession" includes video of him

Maher stands by recession remarks: 'Very worth' getting rid of Trump

And here's are own little jimmy defending him
      Originally posted by JimL View Post
      In defense of Mr. Maher, the survival of democracy is more important to him than the temporary setback in an improving economy which improvement Trump had little to do with anyway.

Another is Paul Krugman, the economist for the New York Times, who has been pining for what he calls the "Trump Slump" among other things. This is the same clown who proclaimed that the stock market would "never" recover from its initial sell-off on news of a Trump victory and that Trump's election would immediately trigger a global recession.

And last year Rep. John Delaney (D - MD) chastised members in his own party for cheerleading for a financial collapse: PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE JOHN DELANEY SAYS 'SOME DEMOCRATS ARE CHEERING ON A RECESSION' TO 'STICK IT TO TRUMP'

As for not wanting peace with North Korea (which by definition means an increased risk of nuclear war), in 2018 Michelle Wolf, the host of Netflix's "The Break with Michelle Wolf," asked her audience the question "Are You Sort Of Hoping We Don't Get Peace With North Korea So You Wouldn't Have To Give Trump Credit?" and 71% said "yes"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by simplicio View Post
        Oh, I am able to comprehend what "some" means and implies.
        Ah, so then it was just deliberate dishonesty on your part and not ignorance. Good to know.

Pope Francis has told Catholics that they should quit being online trolls for Lent. Perhaps you should listen.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And don't just take my word for it.

Maher: I'm "Hoping" For "A Crashing Economy" So We Can Get Rid Of Trump, "Bring On The Recession" includes video of him

Maher stands by recession remarks: 'Very worth' getting rid of Trump

And here's are own little jimmy defending him

Another is Paul Krugman, the economist for the New York Times, who has been pining for what he calls the "Trump Slump" among other things. This is the same clown who proclaimed that the stock market would "never" recover from its initial sell-off on news of a Trump victory and that Trump's election would immediately trigger a global recession.

And last year Rep. John Delaney (D - MD) chastised members in his own party for cheerleading for a financial collapse: PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE JOHN DELANEY SAYS 'SOME DEMOCRATS ARE CHEERING ON A RECESSION' TO 'STICK IT TO TRUMP'

As for not wanting peace with North Korea (which by definition means an increased risk of nuclear war), in 2018 Michelle Wolf, the host of Netflix's "The Break with Michelle Wolf," asked her audience the question "Are You Sort Of Hoping We Don't Get Peace With North Korea So You Wouldn't Have To Give Trump Credit?" and 71% said "yes"
          Oh, I am taking your word for it, I have not disagreed, nor challenged you points. I do accept your argument here. There are Dems who want the recession.

Just as Dems want war.

And even Christians who accept the idea that Dems want war with Iran.

Comment

Ah, so then it was just deliberate dishonesty on your part and not ignorance. Good to know.

Pope Francis has told Catholics that they should quit being online trolls for Lent. Perhaps you should listen.
            Have you read this thread?

Sparko is totally stymied over the meaning of "some", and is jumping through hoops (as are you) over the meaning of "some".

Comment

Have you read this thread?

Sparko is totally stymied over the meaning of "some", and is jumping through hoops (as are you) over the meaning of "some".
              You kinda suck at this whole trolling thing.

I am used to a much higher caliber of troll.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                You kinda suck at this whole trolling thing.

I am used to a much higher caliber of troll.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43252[/ATTACH]
                Maybe that is not my goal, unlike you.

Did you know that "some Christians" are actually Christians!

You did manage to drive out Timothy, so I suppose you feel good about yourself, Christian.

Comment

Maybe that is not my goal, unlike you.

Did you know that "some Christians" are actually Christians!

You did manage to drive out Timothy, so I suppose you feel good about yourself, Christian.
                  I do, troll.

Comment

I do, troll.
                    So are you merely trolling when you pretend that you don't understand that "some Christians" are really Christians, that the part of the whole .....is a part of the whole.

Or are you proud about driving off Timothy?

Comment

So are you merely trolling when you pretend that you don't understand that "some Christians" are really Christians, that the part of the whole .....is a part of the whole.

Or are you proud about driving off Timothy?
                      Timothy is an angry jerk. He comes here once in a while, blows off some steam then leaves again. They guy has anger issues. I don't miss him when he goes. But he will be back. Theologyweb is like the Hotel California of forums.

But your initial question was do I feel good about myself. Yes, I do.

How about you?

Comment

Timothy is an angry jerk. He comes here once in a while, blows off some steam then leaves again. They guy has anger issues. I don't miss him when he goes. But he will be back. Theologyweb is like the Hotel California of forums.

But your initial question was do I feel good about myself. Yes, I do.

How about you?
                        Well, at least you feel good about yourself, although I am not sure that is a good thing. So, he has anger issues, unlike any number of Christian posters here? Maybe the poster is seeking Christian discussion, and responds precisely in the same fashion as other Christians do.

Do I feel good? No, I think these forums highlight the problems with on line Christianity, the Christ part is too often discarded. But there is at least some progress, which is why I stay.

Comment

Well, at least you feel good about yourself, although I am not sure that is a good thing. So, he has anger issues, unlike any number of Christian posters here? Maybe the poster is seeking Christian discussion, and responds precisely in the same fashion as other Christians do.

Do I feel good? No, I think these forums highlight the problems with on line Christianity, the Christ part is too often discarded. But there is at least some progress, which is why I stay.
                          There are anger issues and then there are anger issues. Both Timothy and Zara seem to be fully enraged 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Slick View Post
                            There are anger issues and then there are anger issues. Both Timothy and Zara seem to be fully enraged 24/7.
                            And mossrose, Teallaura, and Sparko are not?

Comment

And mossrose, Teallaura, and Sparko are not?

Comment

In case anyone wasn't paying attention because of the coronavirus hysteria.

US forces launch strikes targeting Iran-backed militias after deadly rocket attack

"It won't escalate!" Nothing to see here.

Comment