Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCabe case closed without an indictment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Nope, it will go down in history as a cowardly, corrupt, republican Senate, Moscow Mitch at the helm, and a fixed verdict.
    Depends on who's writing the history. An unbiased historian would make sure to mention the incredibly sketchy circumstances under which the President was impeached, the fact that the impeachment vote was almost wholly partisan, and that the articles didn't name any actual crimes, leaving the Senate with little choice but to acquit.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Nope, it will go down in history as a cowardly, corrupt, republican Senate, Moscow Mitch at the helm, and a fixed verdict.
      Only in the same comic books pushing the terminally discredited collusion delusion and claims that the earth is flat.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The delays were due to the fact that, even they they couldn't get an indictment, knew they had no case, Trump wouldn't allow them to drop it. So, they would request a delay, the Judge would grant it, they'd then come back in a month and request another delay etc etc., until they realized the Judge wasn't going to put up with any longer. Rather than have the Judge throw the case out, they knew they had no choice but to drop it.

No, they are not "every bit as guilty." A case like McCabes is usually dealt with in house. McCabee possibly lied about knowing of the leaking of a case to the WSJ, and he was fired. That's hardly "every bit as guilty" as Stone and Flynn. It's not just the lie that counts, it's the seriousness of the lie that determines the level of guilt. And Stone and Flynn did more than just lie under oath.
        Meanwhile back in the real world the judge involved in Kupperman's request for judicial direction said that he could have made a decision in about a month's time. The same amount of time that Pelosi sat on the articles before sending them to the Senate.

While Trump almost certainly would have appealed if the court ruled against him (likewise so would have Schiff and Pelosi), the ruling might well have been enough for folks like Bolton and Kupperman. Even if it wasn't then we would see the case expedited to the SCOTUS where we'd likely have had a ruling by the end of this month.

Moreover, while the left kept screeching and squealing for the Senate to subpoena witnesses, the fact is that they too would have had to wait for the process to play out in the courts. So if they really wanted these witnesses the rulings would come several months after those if the House had done it. So much for time was of the essence.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

People like Blagojevich, and the NYC Police commisioner who was also pardoned by Trump, they get harsher sentences than Joe Shmoe because of the positions of public trust that they hold. Stone, rather than 7-9 yrs, could have gotten up to 20 years under the sentencing guildlines, and if he held a position of public trust, he probably would have. Trump is just trying to let his corrupt loyalist know that he has their backs, that he is going to pardon them, and he wants you to get used to it as well. Trump believes that he is the law.
          Well... Constitutionally... he is.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Exactly. Why the delays, and why didn't they seek an indictment when it's undeniable that McCabe leaked to the media and lied under oath about it? Why are Flynn and Stone being nailed to the wall but not McCabe who is every bit as guilty? Those are the questions I would love to know the answers to.
            There may be an issue of pragmatism. They know if they take it to jury trial, they're going to be drawing from a jury pool largely antagonistic to Bad Orange Man.

If that is a significant part of the issue, the *same* issue will plague any case they try to bring against any of the Deep Staters.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Um Blagojevich was a Democrat.
              Is.

And a lifelong Chicago Democrat. From the same pond that spawned Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Meanwhile back in the real world the judge involved in Kupperman's request for judicial direction said that he could have made a decision in about a month's time. The same amount of time that Pelosi sat on the articles before sending them to the Senate.

While Trump almost certainly would have appealed if the court ruled against him (likewise so would have Schiff and Pelosi), the ruling might well have been enough for folks like Bolton and Kupperman. Even if it wasn't then we would see the case expedited to the SCOTUS where we'd likely have had a ruling by the end of this month.

Moreover, while the left kept screeching and squealing for the Senate to subpoena witnesses, the fact is that they too would have had to wait for the process to play out in the courts. So if they really wanted these witnesses the rulings would come several months after those if the House had done it. So much for time was of the essence.
                Meanwhile, back in the real world, you're still trying to make excuses for the cover-up you supported that took place in the Impeachment trial. That's all there is to it, and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  Well... Constitutionally... he is.
                  No he isn't you dope, that would put him above the law and no one, not even the President, is above the law.

Comment

Meanwhile, back in the real world, you're still trying to make excuses for the cover-up you supported that took place in the Impeachment trial. That's all there is to it, and you know it.
                    There was no cover up Jimmy. Will you be whining this much, in 2024 too?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Looks like the judge gave Stone 40 months: Roger Stone sentenced to over 3 years in prison as judge slams him for ‘covering up for’ Trump

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Plus 2 years probation. Fair enough. Though knowing the wannabe dictator as we do, he will likely pardon Stone anyway and that will probably take place after the election, win or lose.

Comment

...the wannabe dictator...
                          Are you trying not to be taken seriously?

Comment

Are you trying not to be taken seriously?
                            Just the opposite, though I don't expect the fact that Trump is a wannabe dictator to ever seep through that biased mindset of yours, even though it's happening right before your eyes. But I suspect that there may be others who, unlike yourself, haven't lost their minds completely.

Comment

Trump is a wannabe dictator

Comment

He's part way there, MM, hence the placement of an unqualified toady as active DNI. He's already got the DOJ under his control.

Comment