Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCabe case closed without an indictment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    He's part way there, MM, hence the placement of an unqualified toady as active DNI. He's already got the DOJ under his control.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      No he isn't you dope, that would put him above the law and no one, not even the President, is above the law.
      He has the unambiguous and unfettered power to pardon, and by logical extension commute, any Federal crime.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        More than 4x the typical 9-month sentence for what Stone did.

I don't know if Bad Orange Man should totally pardon. Commutation to 12 months might be good. OTOH, given the outrageous nature of the arrest, the bad behavior of the Deep Staters at DOJ, the obvious bias of the judge, including violating Stone's First Amendment rights, yeah, go for the full pardon -- with a big White House in-your-face ceremony.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          He has the unambiguous and unfettered power to pardon, and by logical extension commute, any Federal crime.
          The latest liberal narrative is to suggest that a presidential pardon is a legally questionable act, and Jimmy is swallowing it without a second thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            The latest liberal narrative is to suggest that a presidential pardon is a legally questionable act, and Jimmy is swallowing it without a second thought.
            Folks like Eric Swalwell and Adam Schiff have already indicated that his pardons oughta be investigated for possible impeachable offenses.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Just the opposite, though I don't expect the fact that Trump is a wannabe dictator to ever seep through that biased mindset of yours, even though it's happening right before your eyes. But I suspect that there may be others who, unlike yourself, haven't lost their minds completely.
              And yet you support Sanders, a guy who openly praised Fidel Castro?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                And yet you support Sanders, a guy who openly praised Fidel Castro?
                Praising certain policies, such as their healthcare system, and criticizing U.S. policy towards them, such as trying to overthrow the government like Bush did in Iraq, is not openly praising Fidel Castro.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                  Yes, and there was a long and bitter fight over the granting of this "kingly" power to the President fearing that a wannabe dictator like Trump would come along and abuse it for his own purposes. The Framers felt it was necessary in certain cases in order to heal the nation such as Washinton did when pardoning members of the Whiskey rebellion, or Lincohn did when pardoning confederate generals etc. Presidents have abused it, but no president has abused it like Trump has, for his own political purposes, to cover his own crimes. A Trump was the Framers greatest fear, and I think it's time to modify the process, perhaps involving the Congress in some way.

Comment

Yes, and there was a long and bitter fight over the granting of this "kingly" power to the President fearing that a wannabe dictator like Trump would come along and abuse it for his own purposes. The Framers felt it was necessary in certain cases in order to heal the nation such as Washinton did when pardoning members of the Whiskey rebellion, or Lincohn did when pardoning confederate generals etc. Presidents have abused it, but no president has abused it like Trump has, for his own political purposes, to cover his own crimes. A Trump was the Framers greatest fear, and I think it's time to modify the process, perhaps involving the Congress in some way.
                    Do you actually believe the tripe that you type?

Comment

Do you actually believe the tripe that you type?
                      I don't see a refutation, or an argument to the contrary, here.

Comment

Because it is total wackadoodle nonsense, Jimberly.

Comment

Obama - pardoned 212, communed the sentences of 1,715
                          Trump - pardoned 25, communed the sentences of 10

OMG! Trump is abusing his pardon powers!

To add an interesting case here Thomas Jefferson pardoned every last person convicted under the Sedition Act. Even though that is pretty much a slap in the face to John Adams and the Federalist Party, nobody today seems to think he was being a king. Was Jefferson being a king, Jimmy because that is far more brazen than anything Trump has done with his pardon powers.
                          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 02-21-2020, 10:41 AM.
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Here's an analogy to help you understand why people don't really bother with detailed responses to your posts:

Pseudo Jimmy: "The earth is flat and balanced on the back of a giant cosmic turtle!"
                            Interlocutor: "Dude, seriously, you're a moron."
                            Pseudo Jimmy: "I don't see a refutation, or an argument to the contrary, here."

That's essentially the nature of your political ramblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Here's an analogy to help you understand why people don't really bother with detailed responses to your posts:

Pseudo Jimmy: "The earth is flat and balanced on the back of a giant cosmic turtle!"
                              Interlocutor: "Dude, seriously, you're a moron."
                              Pseudo Jimmy: "I don't see a refutation, or an argument to the contrary, here."

That's essentially the nature of your political ramblings.
                              But we have secret NASA photos of the World Turtle!

Comment

But we have secret NASA photos of the World Turtle!

Oh, well, I guess I can't argue with photographic evidence.

Comment