Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCabe case closed without an indictment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So is lying, under oath, a crime or is it only a crime when Republicans are accused of it?
    Atty Gen. Barr, who is doing his very best to fix the prosecutions of Trumps corrupt loyalist to their benifit, and to fix the prosecutions of his perceived enemies to their detriment, couldn't bring a case against McCabe after two years of trying. He closed the case, because he had no case and the Judge wasn't going to stand for their shananigans any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      ...couldn't bring a case against McCabe after two years of trying. He closed the case, because he had no case and the Judge wasn't going to stand for their shananigans any longer.
      Where are you getting this from? I can find nothing to suggest that the prosecutors were handed a "no bill" by a grand jury, or that a judge forced them to close the case. You started this thread linking to a CNN story which doesn't support any of your assertions. By all accounts, the DOJ simply chose to drop the case despite having all the evidence they needed in the Horowitz report to successfully prosecute. It seems likely that Barr et al. considered McCabe "too hot to handle", and the reason Barr wishes Trump would stop tweeting about it is because Barr and the DOJ would rather everybody just forgot about it and moved on. There are a lot of questions that they would prefer not to answer, which is why the manufactured controversy about the Roger Stone sentencing is being served up as a distraction.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Atty Gen. Barr, who is doing his very best to fix the prosecutions of Trumps corrupt loyalist to their benifit, and to fix the prosecutions of his perceived enemies to their detriment, couldn't bring a case against McCabe after two years of trying. He closed the case, because he had no case and the Judge wasn't going to stand for their shananigans any longer.
        You do very well accepting the programming of your masters, but you still haven’t explained why it’s okay to lie under oath in one case, but not the other. Did your masters not give you that talking point yet?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You do very well accepting the programming of your masters, but you still haven’t explained why it’s okay to lie under oath in one case, but not the other. Did your masters not give you that talking point yet?
          He's not saying that it's okay to lie under oath, he's suggesting that there's no evidence that McCabe did despite the damning Horowitz report. People should be asking why McCabe wasn't given the Flynn treatment, or why Flynn wasn't given the McCabe treatment. Trump is asking, and Barr says it's making it impossible for him to do his job. I wonder what Barr's job is, exactly?

Comment

I thought Trump is supposed to have the Justice department in his pocket? If so, why couldn't he get McCabe convicted?

Comment

so are only Repulicans to be punished for lying or being accused of lying, if democrat or leftist is accused or found to be lying they get a pass give me a break you and your leftist handlers are hypocrites

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                I thought Trump is supposed to have the Justice department in his pocket? If so, why couldn't he get McCabe convicted?
                They couldn't get a Grand Jury to indict for one thing, and they obviously didn't have a legitimate enough case for another. They tried like hell, they dragged it out for over two years, but Trump doesn't have the Judiciary in his pocket just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  He's not saying that it's okay to lie under oath, he's suggesting that there's no evidence that McCabe did despite the damning Horowitz report. People should be asking why McCabe wasn't given the Flynn treatment, or why Flynn wasn't given the McCabe treatment. Trump is asking, and Barr says it's making it impossible for him to do his job. I wonder what Barr's job is, exactly?
                  Barr's job in this Administration is to do Trumps bidding and Trump is making that impossible for Barr to do every time he tweets and gives the scheme away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    So reality denial.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Barr's job in this Administration is to do Trumps bidding and Trump is making that impossible for Barr to do every time he tweets and gives the scheme away.
                      Tin foil hat, on too tight? What is one of the primary jobs of the executive branch of the US government? The AG is part of the presidents staff so of course it’s his job to push for the policies set by the president. Do you think no other president did that?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        so are only Repulicans to be punished for lying or being accused of lying, if democrat or leftist is accused or found to be lying they get a pass give me a break you and your leftist handlers are hypocrites
                        It's always dependent upon the seriousness of the lies, RTT. I'm sure you don't even know what the lies told were in either case.

Comment

Tin foil hat, on too tight? What is one of the primary jobs of the executive branch of the US government? The AG is part of the presidents staff so of course it’s his job to push for the policies set by the president. Do you think no other president did that?
                          The Atty Gen's job is not to fix cases of interest to the President and his loyalists by intervening and overiding the prosecutors sentence recommendations which they determine by the U.S. sentencing guidelines.

Comment

The Atty Gen's job is not to fix cases of interest to the President and his loyalists by intervening and overiding the prosecutors sentence recommendations which they determine by the U.S. sentencing guidelines.
                            Did you tell that to JFK and Jack Kennedy? Other presidents did that, why is it suddenly a crime when Trump does it? The AG is the one that makes the determination and the DA’s do what he says. It’s the chain of command.
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              They couldn't get a Grand Jury to indict for one thing, and they obviously didn't have a legitimate enough case for another.
                              Again, where are you getting this from? Cite your source, because I can find nothing to suggest that the DOJ tried to indict but was shot down by a grand jury.

Comment

They couldn't get a Grand Jury to indict for one thing, and they obviously didn't have a legitimate enough case for another. They tried like hell, they dragged it out for over two years, but Trump doesn't have the Judiciary in his pocket just yet.
                                You can't have it both ways, Jimmy. You guys talk about how Barr is Trump's puppet and he can control the justice department which makes him a dictator, yet he can't get someone he wants in jail to even stand trial?

Comment