Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Michael Bloomberg: I've 'earned my place in heaven'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bloomberg: I've 'earned my place in heaven'

Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, said it’s his work for more gun control — along with his anti-smoking and healthy eating campaigns — that have won him God’s favor and a sure spot behind the Pearly Gates.

His exact words, made in context of discussing his smoking cessation and anti-obesity pushes, as well as his concerted crackdowns on private gun ownership, to the New York Times were: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Mr. Bloomberg, 72, made the remarks after mentioning his growing distress over the number of former college classmates he’s noticed in the “in memoriam” pages of his school newsletter, the New York Times reported. Mr. Bloomberg’s just reached his 50th anniversary of his college graduation.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...co2cGYeop8rDaA
    [This is from way back in 2014]

Wow.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, said it’s his work for more gun control — along with his anti-smoking and healthy eating campaigns — that have won him God’s favor and a sure spot behind the Pearly Gates.

His exact words, made in context of discussing his smoking cessation and anti-obesity pushes, as well as his concerted crackdowns on private gun ownership, to the New York Times were: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Mr. Bloomberg, 72, made the remarks after mentioning his growing distress over the number of former college classmates he’s noticed in the “in memoriam” pages of his school newsletter, the New York Times reported. Mr. Bloomberg’s just reached his 50th anniversary of his college graduation.
      He ain't fitting through the gates with a head THAT swollen, even if they grease the frame real good and put a bag of money on the other size.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Hopefully he figures out the truth before he dies. Otherwise, he's going to be in for one hell of a rude awakening when he stands before God.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

This is what Roger Olson calls "folk religion".
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Reminds me of Matthew 7

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              This is what Roger Olson calls "folk religion".

That's what all of the world's religions aside from Christianity call "earning your way to God".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Reminds me of Matthew 7

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
                Doesn't look like Bloomberg is even doing that much work.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  Doesn't look like Bloomberg is even doing that much work.
                  But he did mighty works, like banning sugary drinks. Oh wait, no that was stopped by the NY supreme court.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    That's what all of the world's religions aside from Christianity call "earning your way to God".
                    There's a lady who's sure
                    All that glitters is gold
                    And she's buying a stairway to heaven
                    When she gets there she knows
                    If the stores are all closed
                    With a word she can get what she came for
                    Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But he did mighty works, like banning sugary drinks. Oh wait, no that was stopped by the NY supreme court.
                      But intentions were good and as they say the road... to...

Oops.

00000000000000a00aa0a.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, he IS Jewish (at least his family is) so, I'm sure he's well versed in the do good to earn God's favor mentality...
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          There's a lady who's sure
                          All that glitters is gold
                          And she's buying a stairway to heaven
                          When she gets there she knows
                          If the stores are all closed
                          With a word she can get what she came for
                          Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven
                          More like:

Hey Satan, paid my dues
                          Playing in a rocking band
                          Hey mama, look at me
                          I'm on my way to the promised land, whoo!

I'm on the highway to hell
                          Highway to hell
                          I'm on the highway to…

Comment

And there was Trump saying he's never asked God for forgiveness...
                            https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/polit...ess/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
                              And there was Trump saying he's never asked God for forgiveness...
                              https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/polit...ess/index.html
                              yep.

Comment