Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Bloomberg: I've 'earned my place in heaven'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Michael Bloomberg: I've 'earned my place in heaven'

Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, said it’s his work for more gun control — along with his anti-smoking and healthy eating campaigns — that have won him God’s favor and a sure spot behind the Pearly Gates.

His exact words, made in context of discussing his smoking cessation and anti-obesity pushes, as well as his concerted crackdowns on private gun ownership, to the New York Times were: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Mr. Bloomberg, 72, made the remarks after mentioning his growing distress over the number of former college classmates he’s noticed in the “in memoriam” pages of his school newsletter, the New York Times reported. Mr. Bloomberg’s just reached his 50th anniversary of his college graduation.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...co2cGYeop8rDaA
    [This is from way back in 2014]

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wow.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Michael Bloomberg, the former mayor of New York City, said it’s his work for more gun control — along with his anti-smoking and healthy eating campaigns — that have won him God’s favor and a sure spot behind the Pearly Gates.

His exact words, made in context of discussing his smoking cessation and anti-obesity pushes, as well as his concerted crackdowns on private gun ownership, to the New York Times were: “I am telling you if there is a God, when I get to heaven I’m not stopping to be interviewed. I am heading straight in. I have earned my place in heaven. It’s not even close.”

Mr. Bloomberg, 72, made the remarks after mentioning his growing distress over the number of former college classmates he’s noticed in the “in memoriam” pages of his school newsletter, the New York Times reported. Mr. Bloomberg’s just reached his 50th anniversary of his college graduation.
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...co2cGYeop8rDaA
    [This is from way back in 2014]
    He ain't fitting through the gates with a head THAT swollen, even if they grease the frame real good and put a bag of money on the other size.
    Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Hopefully he figures out the truth before he dies. Otherwise, he's going to be in for one hell of a rude awakening when he stands before God.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

5. Amen mossrose, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is what Roger Olson calls "folk religion".
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

7. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Reminds me of Matthew 7

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    This is what Roger Olson calls "folk religion".

That's what all of the world's religions aside from Christianity call "earning your way to God".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Reminds me of Matthew 7

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’
    Doesn't look like Bloomberg is even doing that much work.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Doesn't look like Bloomberg is even doing that much work.
    But he did mighty works, like banning sugary drinks. Oh wait, no that was stopped by the NY supreme court.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    That's what all of the world's religions aside from Christianity call "earning your way to God".
    There's a lady who's sure
    All that glitters is gold
    And she's buying a stairway to heaven
    When she gets there she knows
    If the stores are all closed
    With a word she can get what she came for
    Oh oh oh oh and she's buying a stairway to heaven

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman