Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Can $$$$$$$$$$ get Democrats to vote for someone they're supposed to hate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Lots of conspiracy theories being proposed. Some are saying the DNC is presenting another obnoxious oligarch that can equal Trump's obnoxiousness, because maybe that's what populism is and what attracts voters, or so they think. Others are saying Bloomberg is just there to create disruption, take the attention off of Sanders and force a brokered convention to then clear a path for a belated savior -- Hillary. I tend to lean towards the idea they're creating a Hegelian Dialectic scenario. They're presenting a polar opposite of Sanders -- rich, oligarch, establishment, obnoxious, racist, sexist, arrogant -- to then force folks to accept something in between, a more "moderate" candidate -- Butti, Klobuchar.
    I think the net effect, probably unintentionally, will likely be to re-elect Trump. If Bloomberg is the nominee, he will have antagonized and turned off the Sanders supporters so thoroughly that enough of them will stay home or vote third party, and the same if Sanders is the nominee. The only hope is if a moderate can win, such as Biden or Klobuchar, which seems unlikely. I don't see enough swing state voters voting for an openly gay candidate to elect him, especially with as thin a resume as Buttigieg has, I'm sorry to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      At the moment, the results and polling are looking like a shoe-in for Sanders anyway.
      Two months ago, Biden was obviously leading, and the dark horse had zero chance of winning Iowa. The polling 'at the moment' is still completely useless, meant only for gullible folk like yourself.
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Tom Steyer has spent, what, $100 million on himself so far? And it's gotten him nowhere.

Edit: $200 million
        https://www.forbes.com/sites/michela.../#4ee1ff2d623b
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Tom Steyer has spent, what, $100 million on himself so far? And it's gotten him nowhere.

Edit: $200 million
          https://www.forbes.com/sites/michela.../#4ee1ff2d623b
          I think it's the straight-up coercion factor and what Bloomberg spends his money on that makes the distinction. I honestly don't know where Steyer's money is going other than political ads, but we know Bloomberg's money is not just going to political ads, but going directly to politicians, political organizations, and media folks specifically to shill for him. And I would guess, though I have no evidence offhand, that the reason the democratic party bent the rules for him to allow him to debate in Nevada was a result of his money.

Comment

Warren laid the smackdown lol. I think that's a wrap for Bloom.

Comment

He's the only one who has a chance against Trump because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                He's the only one who has a chance against Trump because of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
                I'm actually surprised the Sanders camp hasn't accused him of colluding with Trump against Sanders. After all, it's a theory not anywhere near as farfetched as other theories we've heard from the left when you consider Don and Bloom were buddies, endorsed some of the same political folks in the past, the fact that Bloom was once a Rep, and the fact that Trump is on record expressing concern about running against Sanders.

Comment

white-passing
                  Because nobody else is calling out the racism, or is it anti-Semitism?

porquenolosdos.jpg

So, how are you on the browns, demi?

Comment

Translation:

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                    RACISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST
                    Go back to your Russia tinfoil games, kid. Look, the intelligence community has published more nonsense, go play.

Comment

Seems to demi that candidates drop out because they are running out of $$$, or maybe they think there is no chance left.

Comment

Seems to demi that candidates drop out because they are running out of $$$, or maybe they think there is no chance left.
                        That would actually be helping Sanders though since he's top of the pack in fundraising.

Comment

That would actually be helping Sanders though since he's top of the pack in fundraising.
                          Demi meant to say that Bloomberg can last till the end despite getting 'killed' in his first big debate.

Comment

Can $$$$$$$$$$ get Democrats to vote for someone they're supposed to hate?
                            Time for Super Tuesday

Comment

I've long said that Trump will win the re-election unless something really earth shattering happens. There's certainly nothing happening between the Democrats to change my opinion on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                                I've long said that Trump will win the re-election unless something really earth shattering happens. There's certainly nothing happening between the Democrats to change my opinion on that.
                                Yes, but demi wants to see how openly corrupt the Dem party will become before enough voters abandon it.

Comment