See less

Should Christians Care About Economics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Christians Care About Economics?

Why should we care about the economy?

Link

This post got me wondering about one verse that has been bothering me for awhile: 2 Timothy 2:4. What relevance do you think this has to Christians today? Were these specific instructions given to Timothy given his role in the fledgling church?

Clearly God does care about economics. There are warnings in both the Old Testament and in James about wealthy land owners who fail to pay their workers their wages, for instance. The question is how involved we get.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      This post got me wondering about one verse that has been bothering me for awhile: 2 Timothy 2:4. What relevance do you think this has to Christians today? Were these specific instructions given to Timothy given his role in the fledgling church?

Clearly God does care about economics. There are warnings in both the Old Testament and in James about wealthy land owners who fail to pay their workers their wages, for instance. The question is how involved we get.
      Since we have to live in this world, I would think we have to be concerned with money. The more we have the more we can help our families and others. I think the thing to watch for would be greed. The bible is against that.

There was also the parable of the talents, where those that earned more or invested were praised while the one who buried it was chastised. I know the point of the parable wasn't money, it was just used as an example, but the principal seems to be: Use what you have to get more, whether gifts or money, so you can benefit yourself and others.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

A soldier stays involved with duty related to the war.

Part of our warfare is alleviating suffering in the world.

Comment