Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump appoints another unconfirmed loyalist stooge to head U.S. intelligence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Still waiting for a source to support your claims.

And I really hope it's something better than another bit of "sources say" fake news.
    Which claim, MM. That the Intel agency set up to inform Congress concerning election interference actually did their job and informed Congress, or that the DNI was fired for allowing them to do their job, or that a political hack who has no intel experience was appointed by Trump as the active DNI. What? Are you really so dumbed down as to not know this.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Which claim, MM. That the Intel agency set up to inform Congress concerning election interference actually did their job and informed Congress, or that the DNI was fired for allowing them to do their job, or that a political hack who has no intel experience was appointed by Trump as the active DNI. What? Are you really so dumbed down as to not know this.
      I did look for a source, Little Jimmy. Why do you think I asked you for something better than "sources say" fake news?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Well, well, well, now we know why the DNI, Maguire, was replaced by Trump toadie Grenell. Apparently National Intelligence briefed the House last week that the Russians were up to it again, interfering in the 2020 elections in order to aide Trump in his re-election bid. Gee, I wonder why the Russians are so intent on Trump remaining president? Any idea's, guys?
        Sorry, Jimmy, but you've suckered by fake news. Again. When will you learn?

The New York Times and a host of allied political narrative engineers attempted to spin up another Russia narrative yesterday. The claim surrounds a briefing by DNI Joseph Maguire (pictured below) to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI). Adam Schiff and house democrats in the briefing claim DNI Maguire stated Russians favored President Trump and would work to assist his re-election.

The Democrat spin was to claim President Trump replaced Maguire as an outcome of this briefing; and Trump wants to ignore Russia interference assistance. etc. etc. The media ran with the framework of the Democrat narrative; and the political operative piled-on.

However, in a surprise move Jake Tapper actually undercuts the narrative engineering through his own sources with information on the reality of the briefing:

(1) DNI Joseph Maguire never said Russia was, would, or is working to interfere in the election to help President Trump. Rather the briefing nuance was that Russia has an understanding of Trump and would likely view him as a deal-maker they could work with and Sanders, Buttigieg et al were unknowns.

(2) President Trump wasn’t angered at the Maguire briefing; however, he was angered that he had to find out about the briefing from GOP members of the HPSCI instead of Maguire briefing the President on the material prior to briefing congress. The executive office was blindsided by committee members asking questions of the White House, when Maguire never informed the President of his briefing material in advance.

Those two points were spun wildly by the left-wing media. Kudos to Jake Tapper for setting the record straight.

However, it is not a surprise for President Trump to end the tenure of Maguire as DNI given this end-run around the President and the possibility Maguire’s motives might just be another example of the intelligence community undercutting the office of the President. [I would say that’s highly likely]

The fact DNI Joseph Maguire would brief congress without informing the White House of the briefing material highlights a possible intent by Maguire to undermine the President. Whether that intent is accurate is a moot point. The action by Maguire leaves open the possibility, and his lack of judgement created a mess for the White House.

Therefore Maguire’s action showed poor judgement and a compromise within his position. Given the sensitive nature of the position he holds, both issues are fatal flaws.

Hence, President Trump selected a more dependable Richard “Ric” Grenell to replace Maguire as interim Acting DNI.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...briefing-spin/

Comment

Sorry, Jimmy, but you've suckered by fake news. Again. When will you learn?

The New York Times and a host of allied political narrative engineers attempted to spin up another Russia narrative yesterday. The claim surrounds a briefing by DNI Joseph Maguire (pictured below) to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI). Adam Schiff and house democrats in the briefing claim DNI Maguire stated Russians favored President Trump and would work to assist his re-election.

The Democrat spin was to claim President Trump replaced Maguire as an outcome of this briefing; and Trump wants to ignore Russia interference assistance. etc. etc. The media ran with the framework of the Democrat narrative; and the political operative piled-on.

However, in a surprise move Jake Tapper actually undercuts the narrative engineering through his own sources with information on the reality of the briefing:

(1) DNI Joseph Maguire never said Russia was, would, or is working to interfere in the election to help President Trump. Rather the briefing nuance was that Russia has an understanding of Trump and would likely view him as a deal-maker they could work with and Sanders, Buttigieg et al were unknowns.

(2) President Trump wasnÂ’t angered at the Maguire briefing; however, he was angered that he had to find out about the briefing from GOP members of the HPSCI instead of Maguire briefing the President on the material prior to briefing congress. The executive office was blindsided by committee members asking questions of the White House, when Maguire never informed the President of his briefing material in advance.

Those two points were spun wildly by the left-wing media. Kudos to Jake Tapper for setting the record straight.

However, it is not a surprise for President Trump to end the tenure of Maguire as DNI given this end-run around the President and the possibility MaguireÂ’s motives might just be another example of the intelligence community undercutting the office of the President. [I would say thatÂ’s highly likely]

The fact DNI Joseph Maguire would brief congress without informing the White House of the briefing material highlights a possible intent by Maguire to undermine the President. Whether that intent is accurate is a moot point. The action by Maguire leaves open the possibility, and his lack of judgement created a mess for the White House.

Therefore MaguireÂ’s action showed poor judgement and a compromise within his position. Given the sensitive nature of the position he holds, both issues are fatal flaws.

Hence, President Trump selected a more dependable Richard “Ric” Grenell to replace Maguire as interim Acting DNI.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...briefing-spin/
          Yeah, you really need to get out of the Breitbart bubble, MM. The DNI is required to brief congressional intelligence committees concerning matters of national security. Trumps problem is that they did their job without first informing him so that he could stop them, cover it up, and risk the national security of the U.S. for the sake of his own personal political interests. Trump sees the DNI's intelligence briefing of congress, their responsibility, as being an act of disloyalty to him personally. Trump is once again colluding with Russia, trying to keep Russian election interference info hidden from Congress and the public while once again undermining the U.S intelligence agencies themselves for reporting it to congress.

Comment

Yeah, you really need to get out of the Breitbart bubble, MM.
            A literate person would have first noticed that my source wasn't Breitbart; second, that the source is referencing a report from CNN's Jake Tapper; and third, the report completely undermines your ignorant liberal narrative. But I'm obviously not corresponding with a literate person.

Comment

Trump is most likely in debt to Russian banks, and he is sensitive to the fact that his 2016 election was a gift from Vlad. This is how his deep insecurity plays out. It is most definitely not in the country’s interest that this farce continues.
              But the president chose Maguire. And, like most of these good men and women, he came in with the intent to do his very best, to follow the rules, to follow the law and to follow what was morally right. Within a few weeks of taking the assignment, he found himself embroiled in the Ukraine whistleblower case. Joe told the White House that, if asked, he would testify, and he would tell the truth. He did. In short order, he earned the respect of the entire intelligence community. They knew a good man was at the helm. A man they could count on, a man who would back them, a man whose integrity was more important than his future employment.

President Trump on Feb. 19 named Richard Grenell, the U.S. ambassador to Germany, as the next acting director of national intelligence. (Reuters)

But, of course, in this administration, good men and women don’t last long. Joe was dismissed for doing his job: overseeing the dissemination of intelligence to elected officials who needed that information to do their jobs.

As Americans, we should be frightened — deeply afraid for the future of the nation. When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when presidential ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil.
              https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...74f_story.html

Unexpectedly, the triumph of evil is being delivered by the “Christian Right”.
              Last edited by firstfloor; 02-22-2020, 10:42 AM.
              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                Trump is most likely in debt to Russian banks, and he is sensitive to the fact that his 2016 election was a gift from Vlad. This is how his deep insecurity plays out. It is most definitely not in the country’s interest that this farce continues.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...74f_story.html

Unexpectedly, the triumph of evil is being delivered by the “Christian Right”.

It is becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish between mainstream news and satire sites like The Onion and Babylon Bee. But it's hilarious stuff. Thanks for sharing!

By the way, McGuire was most likely fired because the President had to learn about this intelligence briefing from Republican congressmen and leaks to the media instead of from the man he had appointed to brief him on information like this. It doesn't matter how "morally good" someone is, you drop the ball like like that, you're out of a job.

Comment

By the way, McGuire was most likely fired because the President had to learn about this intelligence briefing from Republican congressmen and leaks to the media instead of from the man he had appointed to brief him on information like this.
                  I doubt that a lot.

Trump is unable to process the facts about Russian interference and will be disruptive of efforts to deal with it. This is an example of Trump being disruptive, because the subject offends him, not because some protocol was unobserved; of which, there is no evidence.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

It is becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish between mainstream news and satire sites like The Onion and Babylon Bee. But it's hilarious stuff. Thanks for sharing!

By the way, McGuire was most likely fired because the President had to learn about this intelligence briefing from Republican congressmen and leaks to the media instead of from the man he had appointed to brief him on information like this. It doesn't matter how "morally good" someone is, you drop the ball like like that, you're out of a job.
                    No, it is more likely that Trump was upset by the fact that this news got out before he had a chance to silence it. Thus he has appointed a Trump lacky who he can control to make sure the Congress and the American people never hear anything that he doesn't want them to hear. You can bet that had Grenell headed National Intelligence, he would have reported the findings to Trump, but you'd never get it. Trump owns the DOJ with A.G. Barr at the head and now he owns the intelligence agencies with Grenell at the head. He's part way there, MM. How's it feel to be complicit with the coup against your country?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
                      I doubt that a lot.
                      Don't take my word for it, listen to CNN's Jake Tapper.

"The President was upset that he had to hear about an intelligence conclusion from a Member of the House Republicans rather than from the intelligence community. So he was out of joint with Maguire on that process."

Also, "What's been articulated in the news is that the intelligence community has concluded that the Russians are trying to help Trump again. But the intelligence doesn't say that."

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketappe...41728493592576

Comment

Don't take my word for it, listen to CNN's Jake Tapper.

"The President was upset that he had to hear about an intelligence conclusion from a Member of the House Republicans rather than from the intelligence community. So he was out of joint with Maguire on that process."

Also, "What's been articulated in the news is that the intelligence community has concluded that the Russians are trying to help Trump again. But the intelligence doesn't say that."

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaketappe...41728493592576
                        That's the spin coming from the White house itself, MM. The White House official said, that the intel only indicated that the Russians had a preference for Trump, not that their intent was to help him win.

Comment

And the story is continuing to unravel, although I'm frankly shocked that it's CNN pulling on the thread...

Sending shockwaves through the intelligence community, it was reported yesterday that newly appointed Acting DNI Richard “Ric” Grenell asked the intelligence community, specifically including Shelby Pierson, to produce the underlying intelligence within the briefing she gave to the House Intelligence Committee.

Well, what do you know…. All of a sudden today, anonymous intelligence officials are reporting to CNN that Ms. Pierson “overstepped” her position, was “misleading” in her briefing, and “mischaracterized” the underlying intelligence. Imagine that.
                          Washington (CNN)-The US intelligence community’s top election security official appears to have overstated the intelligence community’s formal assessment of Russian interference in the 2020 election, omitting important nuance during a briefing with lawmakers earlier this month, three national security officials told CNN.

The official, Shelby Pierson, told lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee that Russia is interfering in the 2020 election with the goal of helping President Donald Trump get reelected.

[…] “The intelligence doesn’t say that,” one senior national security official told CNN. “A more reasonable interpretation of the intelligence is not that they have a preference, it’s a step short of that.

[…] One intelligence official said that Pierson’s characterization of the intelligence was “misleading” and a national security official said Pierson failed to provide the “nuance” needed to accurately convey the US intelligence conclusions.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, where Pierson is a senior official, did not respond to CNN’s request for comment.

Why would Shelby Pierson and Joseph Maguire intentionally blindside the White House?

The briefing was obviously spun by HPSCI Chairman Adam Schiff and democrats on the House intel committee; and there was no intelligence presented during the briefing to support the claims made by Pierson, Democrats and media.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-interference/

Sounds like the President had every reason to give Maguire the boot!

Comment

And the story is continuing to unravel, although I'm frankly shocked that it's CNN pulling on the thread...

Sending shockwaves through the intelligence community, it was reported yesterday that newly appointed Acting DNI Richard “Ric” Grenell asked the intelligence community, specifically including Shelby Pierson, to produce the underlying intelligence within the briefing she gave to the House Intelligence Committee.

Well, what do you know…. All of a sudden today, anonymous intelligence officials are reporting to CNN that Ms. Pierson “overstepped” her position, was “misleading” in her briefing, and “mischaracterized” the underlying intelligence. Imagine that.
                            Washington (CNN)-The US intelligence community’s top election security official appears to have overstated the intelligence community’s formal assessment of Russian interference in the 2020 election, omitting important nuance during a briefing with lawmakers earlier this month, three national security officials told CNN.

The official, Shelby Pierson, told lawmakers on the House Intelligence Committee that Russia is interfering in the 2020 election with the goal of helping President Donald Trump get reelected.

[…] “The intelligence doesn’t say that,” one senior national security official told CNN. “A more reasonable interpretation of the intelligence is not that they have a preference, it’s a step short of that.

[…] One intelligence official said that Pierson’s characterization of the intelligence was “misleading” and a national security official said Pierson failed to provide the “nuance” needed to accurately convey the US intelligence conclusions.

The Office of the Director of National Intelligence, where Pierson is a senior official, did not respond to CNN’s request for comment.

Why would Shelby Pierson and Joseph Maguire intentionally blindside the White House?

The briefing was obviously spun by HPSCI Chairman Adam Schiff and democrats on the House intel committee; and there was no intelligence presented during the briefing to support the claims made by Pierson, Democrats and media.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-interference/

Sounds like the President had every reason to give Maguire the boot!
                            So, all of a sudden you have no problem with anonymous sources, specifically anonymous sources connected to the White House. Ask yourself why they want to remain anonymous, after all they have no fear of backlash from the dictator.

Comment

So, all of a sudden you have no problem with anonymous sources, specifically anonymous sources connected to the White House. Ask yourself why they want to remain anonymous, after all they have no fear of backlash from the dictator.
                              I'm posting this story because I know that YOU accept anonymous sources, and YOU trust CNN, so what's the problem, Jimmy? Why are you suddenly unwilling to accept them now? You can't retreat to your usual genetic fallacy, can you?

Comment

Another one of Jimmy's favorite sources has debunked the story. From the New York Times:

The [intelligence] officials now maintain that the House members either misheard or misinterpreted a key part of the briefing, and that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence [ODNI] did not mean to say that it believes the Russians are currently intervening in the election explicitly to help President Trump.

Linking to the reputable and trustworthy Breitbart () because the Times article is paywalled.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...esnt-say-that/

Comment