Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump appoints another unconfirmed loyalist stooge to head U.S. intelligence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump appoints another unconfirmed loyalist stooge to head U.S. intelligence.

Richard Grenell, the current ambassador to Germany has been named active DNI, active meaning unconfirmed, which is a tactic used by the dictator to position his stooges in positions of power without the need of Congressional confirmation.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...l-intelligence

I appreciate your complete lack of unfair bias and well poisoning.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I appreciate your complete lack of unfair bias and well poisoning.
      This is a dictators tactic, an end run around the vetting process in which he can temporarily place any loyalist stooge he perfers in any position of power and then replace them with another while bypassing the Senates advise and consent role.

http://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711094...administration

Comment

Translation: WAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          This is a dictators tactic, an end run around the vetting process in which he can temporarily place any loyalist stooge he perfers in any position of power and then replace them with another while bypassing the Senates advise and consent role.

http://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711094...administration
          You laser-like focus on just the facts without allowing personal opinion and loaded language to color your posts continues to be an inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Richard Grenell, the current ambassador to Germany has been named active DNI, active meaning unconfirmed, which is a tactic used by the dictator to position his stooges in positions of power without the need of Congressional confirmation.

Jimmy and the MSM doesn’t approve. +50 points right off the bat.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Demi was wondering if TDS patients were better, because no thread whining about Trump for a few days.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Well, well, well, now we know why the DNI, Maguire, was replaced by Trump toadie Grenell. Apparently National Intelligence briefed the House last week that the Russians were up to it again, interfering in the 2020 elections in order to aide Trump in his re-election bid. Gee, I wonder why the Russians are so intent on Trump remaining president? Any idea's, guys?
                Last edited by JimL; 02-20-2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Well, well, well, now we know why the DNI, Maguire, was replaced by Trump toadie Grenell. Apparently National Intelligence briefed the House last week that the Russians were up to it again, interfering in the 2020 elections in order to aide Trump in his re-election bid. Gee, I wonder why the Russians are so intent on Trump remaining president? Any idea's, guys?
                  Yeah, sure they did...

The former official did not know what Pierson, who works for Maguire, said that set Trump off. The Post reported that the president "erroneously believed that she had given information exclusively to Rep. Adam B. Schiff, D-Calif., the committee chairman, and that the information would be helpful to Democrats if it were released publicly, the people familiar with the matter said."

A committee official told the Post that wasn't true. The committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...gence-n1140086
                  Last edited by Bill the Cat; 02-20-2020, 04:55 PM.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Gee, I wonder why the Russians are so intent on Trump remaining president?
                    Gee, I wonder why you didn't provide a source for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      Yeah, sure they did...

The former official did not know what Pierson, who works for Maguire, said that set Trump off. The Post reported that the president "erroneously believed that she had given information exclusively to Rep. Adam B. Schiff, D-Calif., the committee chairman, and that the information would be helpful to Democrats if it were released publicly, the people familiar with the matter said."

A committee official told the Post that wasn't true. The committee did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...gence-n1140086
                      Schiff is chairman of the House select committee on intelligence, so of course Schiff was informed. But of course Trump wouldn't want that news to become public, he would like noththing better than to keep the public in the dark about his connections to Putin and Russia and their continued efforts to keep him in power. Thus out with Maguire and in with the wannabe dictators political crony with no experience whatsoever in the intelligence field.

Comment

Schiff is chairman of the House select committee on intelligence, so of course Schiff was informed. But of course Trump wouldn't want that news to become public, he would like noththing better than to keep the public in the dark about his connections to Putin and Russia and their continued efforts to keep him in power. Thus out with Maguire and in with the wannabe dictators political crony with no experience whatsoever in the intelligence field.
                        And how in your drug addled thinking is this supposed to keep the "news" (which you still haven't provided a source for) from getting out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          And how in your drug addled thinking is this supposed to keep the "news" (which you still haven't provided a source for) from getting out?
                          It apparently wasn't public news until Trump fired the DNI for briefing Congress, which btw is his responsibility, and replaced him with an unqualified toadie.

Comment

It apparently wasn't public news...
                            Still waiting for a source to support your claims.

And I really hope it's something better than another bit of "sources say" fake news.

Comment

You're just a homophobe.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment