Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fervent super PAC opponent Elizabeth Warren getting super PAC help in Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    <snip elaborate justification>
    Maybe respond to my actual objection next time? kthanxbai
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Maybe respond to my actual objection next time? kthanxbai
      Already answered it, still waiting for how an obvious cartoon reference, that is about as serious as the premise of Pixles, is anything close to hoping death on anyone.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Already answered it, still waiting for how an obvious cartoon reference, that is about as serious as the premise of Pixles, is anything close to hoping death on anyone.
        There's a reason why political cartoons have been such powerful propaganda tools throughout the last few decades of history, even though nobody takes their imagery literally. Nobody could get away with a political cartoon in a newspaper that called for the killing of political opponents, but using your logic, such a cartoonist could say, "But it's a cartoon! Don't take it so literally!" Given that there are people out there who genuinely think that rich capitalists should be executed, or that opposing politicians should be executed, and that the French Revolution took these exact sentiments from the populace and led to mass killings... this rhetoric can't be defended.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          There's a reason why political cartoons have been such powerful propaganda tools throughout the last few decades of history, even though nobody takes their imagery literally. Nobody could get away with a political cartoon in a newspaper that called for the killing of political opponents, but using your logic, such a cartoonist could say, "But it's a cartoon! Don't take it so literally!" Given that there are people out there who genuinely think that rich capitalists should be executed, or that opposing politicians should be executed, and that the French Revolution took these exact sentiments from the populace and led to mass killings... this rhetoric can't be defended.
          And what happens, when Pac-Man eats an enemy? Do they die or just come back and start again? It’s an obvious reference any gamer would get. Nothing Pac-man eats, dies. Maybe sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Anyone notice how the Democrats have been distancing themselves from Obama for years now as they move farther left, but now that it's election time, they all seem to want to show how close to him they are? Biden, Bloomberg and now Warren. All best buds with Obama.

Comment

Yeesh. I am with LPOT here. She made a joke. Get over it. You are derailing your own thread, KG.

Comment

No, you didn't. You pretended my issue was with your second statement, and have ignored my primary issue, which was with the first.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  No, you didn't. You pretended my issue was with your second statement, and have ignored my primary issue, which was with the first.
                  And the second qualifies the first. Key being: “Difference is....”
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Anyone notice how the Democrats have been distancing themselves from Obama for years now as they move farther left, but now that it's election time, they all seem to want to show how close to him they are? Biden, Bloomberg and now Warren. All best buds with Obama.
                    Still, just a few years ago nobody dared criticize the Obamessiah for fear of being branded a racist, but now Obama is afraid to say too much for fear that he'll be castigated and ostracized by half of his party.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Anyone notice how the Democrats have been distancing themselves from Obama for years now ...
                      Nope.

Comment

I am so proud of my son for causing dissent in this thread!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                          Nope.
                          Where have you been?

The Fiercest Democratic Debate in 2020 Is About Barack Obama
                          But the first rule is to never say the words “Barack Obama.”
                          https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...k-obama-227486

The 2020 Democrats Compete to Reject Barack Obama’s Legacy
                          Most of the party’s presidential hopefuls seem to view the former president as just another sellout
                          https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-202...cy-11564757211

The Democratic party’s quiet abandonment of Barack Obama
                          https://www.ft.com/content/4dc46204-...2-799a3a8cf37b

Comment

Where have you been?

The Fiercest Democratic Debate in 2020 Is About Barack Obama
                            But the first rule is to never say the words “Barack Obama.”
                            https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...k-obama-227486

The 2020 Democrats Compete to Reject Barack Obama’s Legacy
                            Most of the party’s presidential hopefuls seem to view the former president as just another sellout
                            https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-202...cy-11564757211

The Democratic party’s quiet abandonment of Barack Obama
                            https://www.ft.com/content/4dc46204-...2-799a3a8cf37b
                            Notice all of these are opponents of Democrats talking about Democrats abandoning Obama. Kinda figured that's where you were getting your news. It's not showing up elsewhere.

Comment

And the second qualifies the first. Key being: “Difference is....”
                              It doesn't "qualify" so much as "directly contradict" the first. "There's no difference...." vs. "Difference is...."

And regardless of qualifier, the first statement is no excuse to justify anything. I note you're not even attempting to defend it, merely deflecting attention to the alleged "qualifier".

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                                Notice all of these are opponents of Democrats talking about Democrats abandoning Obama. Kinda figured that's where you were getting your news. It's not showing up elsewhere.
                                Ah the old ad hom fallacy. Do I really have to do your googling for you?

Here is an article or two from CNN:

When did Barack Obama become a Republican?
                                https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/01/opini...lon/index.html

I noticed it directly watching the dems for the last couple of years. Biden was going on and on about his "pal" Obama and everyone else was acting like Obama was a pariah. He wasn't left enough for them any more. They wanted to pander to the far left. Yet now that it is getting close to the elections, they realize they need to draw in the moderates or they don't have a chance, so all of a sudden, Obama is everyone's best bud again.

Comment