Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fervent super PAC opponent Elizabeth Warren getting super PAC help in Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fervent super PAC opponent Elizabeth Warren getting super PAC help in Nevada

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/19/polit...ist/index.html

Las Vegas (CNN)Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a fervent opponent of super PACs, is now receiving super PAC support in Nevada.
    A group of progressive women has formed Persist PAC, a spokesman tells CNN, and the group is currently spending over $1 million to air a biography-focused television ad that links Warren to former President Barack Obama and claims Warren can "take on" President Donald Trump and "win."

The spokesman would not rule out more spending beyond what is committed to in their current ad buy in Nevada. The group has about $800,000 of airtime booked in Nevada this week, per data from CMAG, a company that tracks political advertising.
    The injection of outside spending, first reported by Axios, comes at an important time for Warren. The Massachusetts senator, after a disappointing fourth-place finish in New Hampshire netted her no national delegates, is fighting to pick up momentum in Nevada ahead of the state's caucuses on Saturday.

Visit CNN's Election Center for full coverage of the 2020 race
    The ad aimed at helping Warren touts the senator's work at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and features images of Warren both in the Senate and on the campaign trail and photos of her as a child.
    "When you don't grow up rich, you learn how to work. When you take on Wall Street, you know how to fight," a narrator says. "When the system is broken, you step up to fix it."
    The super PAC was founded by Denise Feriozzi, Kristine Kippins, Karin Johanson and Kim Rogers.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Ah, against super PACS until she needs the help. How principled!
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I have no idea what a PAC is, but this was the first thing I thought of...

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

In Warren's defense (yuck), theoretically, a PAC can support a candidate and the candidate has nothing to do with the PAC.

I'm curious if she will denounce their support. That would be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

If you hadn't made this reference I'd been very the disappoint.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It stands for Political Action Committee. It's basically a group of people who pool their resources in support of or opposed to candidates and/or political agendas.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Feeding politicians to PAC-Man sounds like a marvelous idea.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                Feeding politicians to PAC-Man sounds like a marvelous idea.
                I'm not a fan of even joking about French Revolution type rhetoric.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I'm not a fan of even joking about French Revolution type rhetoric.
                  It’s no different than half the rhetoric coming from the left. Difference is, I’m fairly sure PAC-Man is just a game character and obviously this isn’t the least bit serious.
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It’s no different than half the rhetoric coming from the left. Difference is, I’m fairly sure PAC-Man is just a game character and obviously this isn’t the least bit serious.
                    "No different than" doesn't make something ok.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      "No different than" doesn't make something ok.
                      Is there any yellow, eating machines, running around I don’t know about?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Is there any yellow, eating machines, running around I don’t know about?
                        Don't play dumb. I'm objecting here to your first statement. however, your second attempt at justification doesn't fare a whole lot better, because people will freely characterize as a "joke" what they wish for but know they can't get away with saying outright (not in the sense that Ms. Pac-Man is real , but in the sense that the opposition is removed).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Don't play dumb. I'm objecting here to your first statement. however, your second attempt at justification doesn't fare a whole lot better, because people will freely characterize as a "joke" what they wish for but know they can't get away with saying outright (not in the sense that Ms. Pac-Man is real , but in the sense that the opposition is removed).
                          I’m not playing ‘dumb’ at all. Just wondering why people are getting so upset over such an obvious cartoon reference that is about as serious as comparing Wiley E Coyote to the current crop of democrats attempts to ‘get Trump’. Could such a statement be met to say I want them blown up, thrown off a cliff, or ran over by a truck? Follow this logic, yes. People get injured in cartoons, all the time, and come back just fine. Stop being so darn serious. It’s an obvious cartoon reference and nothing more.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It’s no different than half the rhetoric coming from the left..
                            In other words, you have nothing better to offer than a tu quoque?
                            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              In other words, you have nothing better to offer than a tu quoque?
                              So if I compare a democrat to say, Team Rocket, does that therefore mean I want them dead since they would be dead long ago, if it was real life? Maybe sometimes a joke is just a joke and nothing more?
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment