Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fervent super PAC opponent Elizabeth Warren getting super PAC help in Nevada

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    "No different than" doesn't make something ok.
    Is there any yellow, eating machines, running around I donít know about?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Is there any yellow, eating machines, running around I donít know about?
    Don't play dumb. I'm objecting here to your first statement. however, your second attempt at justification doesn't fare a whole lot better, because people will freely characterize as a "joke" what they wish for but know they can't get away with saying outright (not in the sense that Ms. Pac-Man is real , but in the sense that the opposition is removed).
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Don't play dumb. I'm objecting here to your first statement. however, your second attempt at justification doesn't fare a whole lot better, because people will freely characterize as a "joke" what they wish for but know they can't get away with saying outright (not in the sense that Ms. Pac-Man is real , but in the sense that the opposition is removed).
    Iím not playing Ďdumbí at all. Just wondering why people are getting so upset over such an obvious cartoon reference that is about as serious as comparing Wiley E Coyote to the current crop of democrats attempts to Ďget Trumpí. Could such a statement be met to say I want them blown up, thrown off a cliff, or ran over by a truck? Follow this logic, yes. People get injured in cartoons, all the time, and come back just fine. Stop being so darn serious. Itís an obvious cartoon reference and nothing more.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Itís no different than half the rhetoric coming from the left..
    In other words, you have nothing better to offer than a tu quoque?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    In other words, you have nothing better to offer than a tu quoque?
    So if I compare a democrat to say, Team Rocket, does that therefore mean I want them dead since they would be dead long ago, if it was real life? Maybe sometimes a joke is just a joke and nothing more?
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    <snip elaborate justification>
    Maybe respond to my actual objection next time? kthanxbai
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. Ė St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Maybe respond to my actual objection next time? kthanxbai
    Already answered it, still waiting for how an obvious cartoon reference, that is about as serious as the premise of Pixles, is anything close to hoping death on anyone.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Already answered it, still waiting for how an obvious cartoon reference, that is about as serious as the premise of Pixles, is anything close to hoping death on anyone.
    There's a reason why political cartoons have been such powerful propaganda tools throughout the last few decades of history, even though nobody takes their imagery literally. Nobody could get away with a political cartoon in a newspaper that called for the killing of political opponents, but using your logic, such a cartoonist could say, "But it's a cartoon! Don't take it so literally!" Given that there are people out there who genuinely think that rich capitalists should be executed, or that opposing politicians should be executed, and that the French Revolution took these exact sentiments from the populace and led to mass killings... this rhetoric can't be defended.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    There's a reason why political cartoons have been such powerful propaganda tools throughout the last few decades of history, even though nobody takes their imagery literally. Nobody could get away with a political cartoon in a newspaper that called for the killing of political opponents, but using your logic, such a cartoonist could say, "But it's a cartoon! Don't take it so literally!" Given that there are people out there who genuinely think that rich capitalists should be executed, or that opposing politicians should be executed, and that the French Revolution took these exact sentiments from the populace and led to mass killings... this rhetoric can't be defended.
    And what happens, when Pac-Man eats an enemy? Do they die or just come back and start again? Itís an obvious reference any gamer would get. Nothing Pac-man eats, dies. Maybe sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Anyone notice how the Democrats have been distancing themselves from Obama for years now as they move farther left, but now that it's election time, they all seem to want to show how close to him they are? Biden, Bloomberg and now Warren. All best buds with Obama.