Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Roger Stone sentenced to 3 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Stone sentenced to 3 years

I guess the Obama appointed judge agreed with Trump...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/20/trum...eaks-lies.html
    Last edited by seer; 02-20-2020, 12:05 PM.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

It is in agreement with the new recommendations and likely made it more difficult for Trump to pardon him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      It is in agreement with the new recommendations and likely made it more difficult for Trump to pardon him.
      Do you really think that would stop Trump?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Why?
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

The fact that Berman is an Obama appointee and hostile to Trump is making it hard for the media to spin this, but they're doing it any way trying to make it sound like the judge really torched Stone and Trump and affirmed the Mueller report, which she didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Why?
            Wasn't one of the main reasons that it was grossly unfair? Now it falls into the recommendations that, IIRC, Trump himself said he supported.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Averaged out, he gets 1.1 years for each charge against him.

Considering the deep-staters (who control most of the machinery) are waltzing away from any convictions at all, I guess that's not too bad.

Comment

No, the Judge always has descretion regardless of the recommendation and has already stated the the sentencing guidelines are harsh. Trump wanted, and just stated, that he believed that there was a good chance Stone would be exonerated.

Comment

Wasn't one of the main reasons that it was grossly unfair? Now it falls into the recommendations that, IIRC, Trump himself said he supported.
                  Trump still has an out since the sentence is deferred until after the hearing regarding the biased gal on the jury.

Within the process to deal with Stone’s motion for a new trial, Judge Berman-Jackson knows resolving the petition involves bringing jury foreperson Tomeka Hart to her courtroom for questioning. The activist judge did not want a damaging political optic prior to delivering her sentence. An appearance by the foreperson to explain overt bias begs the question of how poorly Judge Berman-Jackson handled jury selection.

Judge Jackson also keeps the blanket gag order on Roger Stone which stops him from discussing, highlighting or complaining about any issue related to his prosecution and trial.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ison-sentence/

If it goes in Stone's favor then he'll get a new trial. If it goes against, Trump could pardon him on the basis that the he was unfairly convicted.

Comment

It's a fair enough sentence for what he was convicted of. Stone is just another among the remarkable sea of criminality surrounding Donald Trump.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42924[/ATTACH]
                        Are you even aware of the government prosecutor who vehemently apologised to the Judge for the shananigans of the DOJ. You should read it as he was as scathing as the Judge herself in condemning the actions of the DOJ on behalf of Trump. Let's see if he keeps his job now or is sent to Siberia.

Comment

Oh boy. Roger Stone now advising Trump to seize ballots and declare martial law if he loses the election.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...kNxadkj99JUhbM
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Oh boy. Roger Stone now advising Trump to seize ballots and declare martial law if he loses the election.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...kNxadkj99JUhbM
                            The guy definitely has a tendency to stir the pot just to bring attention to himself.

Of course the title is a misrepresentation of what he actually said, but I guess that's expected when you're dealing with a news network run by a bunch of UK political provocateurs.
                            Last edited by seanD; 09-13-2020, 07:07 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42924[/ATTACH]
                              Fifth volume.
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment