Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: More secular proof of Jesus' existence?

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    The rabbinic writings come too late to be good commentaries on scriptures. Anything post-Messianic is liable to be altered to make the fulfilled Messianic prophecies less apparent. There is plenty of incentive to cover-up the message of the Messiah, after the fact.
    On what textual source evidence? Given that the Jewish Messiah has, as yet not arrived, how can Jewish literature contain anything "post Messianic"?
    "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies."

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Riiight. That explains why you spend so much time hanging out on religious forums arguing with lay Christians about what you believe are mere fairy tales.
    I detect a distinct animus. If the presence of those who challenge Christian preconceptions and beliefs causes you such irritation, and given that you are one of the owners, perhaps you should put a suggestion to the Board that this site be closed to anyone who does not profess a Christian belief.
    "Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fantasies."

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    I detect a distinct animus. If the presence of those who challenge Christian preconceptions and beliefs causes you such irritation, and given that you are one of the owners, perhaps you should put a suggestion to the Board that this site be closed to anyone who does not profess a Christian belief.
    That would be sarcasm you're detecting, cherie. Looks like Sparko's comment hit uncomfortably close to the mark, given your reaction.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    That would be sarcasm you're detecting, cherie. Looks like Sparko's comment hit uncomfortably close to the mark, given your reaction.
    If you consider that the comments of pseudonymous contributors to a minor internet site are of any serious concern to me, you are sadly mistaken.

However, Sparko has made personal comments to me elsewhere on this site.

And from those remarks it appears that he does not care to have his preconceived theological ideas challenged in any way.

5. Amen Seeker amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you consider that the comments of pseudonymous contributors to a minor internet site are of any serious concern to me, you are sadly mistaken.
    Well said.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

However, Sparko has made personal comments to me elsewhere on this site.

And from those remarks it appears that he does not care to have his preconceived theological ideas challenged in any way.
    Oh, you're whinging about remarks made elsewhere. Seems like his remarks are more of a concern to you than you're willing to admit.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Oh, you're whinging about remarks made elsewhere. Seems like his remarks are more of a concern to you than you're willing to admit.
    I am not "whinging" about anything. I merely did you the courtesy of replying to your remark and provided you with a little more information for clarification.

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    On what textual source evidence? Given that the Jewish Messiah has, as yet not arrived, how can Jewish literature contain anything "post Messianic"?
    Perhaps we should define what we mean by Rabbinic writings. Hilell? Gamaliel? Or the Masoretic texts?

Faith
    Death & Taxes
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Perhaps we should define what we mean by Rabbinic writings. Hilell? Gamaliel? Or the Masoretic texts?
    You can select any Jewish writings you wish to. The Messiah has yet to arrive therefore there are no Jewish writings that contain any references to periods that are "post messianic".

43rd Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You can select any Jewish writings you wish to. The Messiah has yet to arrive therefore there are no Jewish writings that contain any references to periods that are "post messianic".
    Naturally not.