Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pastor takes Biblical Stand, Is Ejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor takes Biblical Stand, Is Ejected

There's got to be more to this story:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019...is-still-a-sin

This pastor was clergy in a denomination that supported the alphabet soup of sexual rebellion against Biblical standards. He did take a stand and then left to avoid splitting the church. I'd love to find out the backstory on his decision to shake up his church to begin with.

Or is it possible his church was part of the minority...didn't they have a split already on this issue or is that the Episcopalians?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Good for him. Was he fired or did he quit?

Either way, he did the right thing and is better off somewhere that actually believes that God's word hasn't changed to fit the culture.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Sad that the church is trying to conform to the world instead of the bible. It seems to be happening a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Sad that the church is trying to conform to the world instead of the bible. It seems to be happening a lot lately.
        Saw this just this morning on FB.

IMG_1245.JPG

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          There's got to be more to this story:

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019...is-still-a-sin

This pastor was clergy in a denomination that supported the alphabet soup of sexual rebellion against Biblical standards.
          I'm not sure where you're getting this. There are two major (and more minor) Presbyterian organizations; one supports the alphabet soup, the other does not (I don't know that any of the minor ones would). Where did you find information on which one this church belongs to?
          He did take a stand and then left to avoid splitting the church. I'd love to find out the backstory on his decision to shake up his church to begin with.
          Yeah.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            I'm not sure where you're getting this. There are two major (and more minor) Presbyterian organizations; one supports the alphabet soup, the other does not (I don't know that any of the minor ones would). Where did you find information on which one this church belongs to?

Yeah.
            I don't know which side his church landed on. That's why I'm asking. I'm beginning to think I need to check a little further into the Presyb. recent history regarding a split...I may be confusing them wirh the Episcopals.

ETA: my beloved school/Sunday School teacher was with the Presbyterian denomination contrary to what I remembered about my Sunday School. If Christian bodies could spin in the grave, she would have been busy the last decade or so....
            Last edited by DesertBerean; 02-22-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Ok. Here's text I copied from the church's FB dated late January

"Trinity Bible Presbyterian Church of Weed, California, would like to make a clear declaration of two things. First, that the Holy Spirit speaking in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments condemn homosexuality as a sinful lifestyle. As with every sin, God calls everyone everywhere to repent, turning away from every sin to the Savior, Jesus Christ. Second, that Trinity Bible Presbyterian Church, contrary to some reports, did not fire its pastor."

And another account with more details on people's reactions:
              https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...church-n959086

Comment

In short, I was mistaken in thinking his church was in support of the alphabet to begin with. It appears the controversy was about posting the church teaching in public.

How sad.

Comment

Mark 8:38
                  For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.”

Comment

Hrmmm....I wonder what the details were. I was involved with a conversation with a friend of mine and we both think that Homosexuality isn't any different from any other sin. I'm not sure how zeroing in on one sin with a sign is appropriate on a church.
                    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm stuck on "Church of Weed."
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        I'm stuck on "Church of Weed."
                        I know, right?

The reaction of both the public and the church makes me think there is some issue of the pastor and his congregation being out of step with each other regarding speaking to the public about this. Without trying to read into the story, the church definitely has a problem with living what they preach.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                          I know, right?

The reaction of both the public and the church makes me think there is some issue of the pastor and his congregation being out of step with each other regarding speaking to the public about this. Without trying to read into the story, the church definitely has a problem with living what they preach.
                          Yuh. They should not be afraid to post on their sign what they believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                            Hrmmm....I wonder what the details were. I was involved with a conversation with a friend of mine and we both think that Homosexuality isn't any different from any other sin. I'm not sure how zeroing in on one sin with a sign is appropriate on a church.
                            Perhaps because this particular sin is celebrated by the culture as something noble?
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Because it's one of the sins Scripture singles out.
                              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X