Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russia 2.0 (Or 2020)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    From even earlier, here is some scenes from a fight between Trump, Bloomberg and Sanders when they were in their mid teens.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42927[/ATTACH]
    Been watching too many Tazmanian Devil cartoons.

Comment

Then, of course, there's the latest bit of fake news that Trump offered Julian Assange a pardon if he would say that Russia wasn't his source of the DNC emails. Of course the mainstream media ran with headlines essentially accusing Trump of offering a quid pro quo if Assange would lie.

Former California Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher has denied that he acted on orders from President Donald Trump to offer Julian Assange a deal for a pardon, saying that he never spoke to the president about the offer. The Washington Post, Associated Press, Reuters, and other mainstream outlets all ran sensational headlines claiming Trump was directly involved, despite some of the reports acknowledging Rohrabacher’s denial.

Rohrabacher’s claim calls into question accusations made earlier this week by a Wikileaks attorney who alleged that Rohrabacher was acting “on instructions” from President Trump to offer clemency to Assange if he confirmed Russia wasn’t involved in leaking Democratic National Committee emails during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Mainstream outlets including The Washington Post, The Guardian, Reuters, and the Associated Press ran with the initial allegation, printing sensational headlines implicating President Trump, even though some of them acknowledged in their reporting that Rohrabacher denied he was following orders from the president.

In a recent interview with Yahoo News, Rohrabacher said his goal in meeting with Assange in 2017 was to find proof to support the unsubstantiated rumor that slain DNC staffer Seth Rich was the real source of the DNC leak, not Russian agents. He said that he never spoke to President Trump about the proposed deal.

“I spoke to Julian Assange and told him if he would provide evidence about who gave WikiLeaks the emails I would petition the president to give him a pardon,” Rohrabacher told Yahoo! News. “He knew I could get to the president.”

The former congressman wrote on his personal blog earlier this week that “there is a lot of misinformation floating out there regarding my meeting with Julian Assange.”

“At no time did I talk to President Trump about Julian Assange. Likewise, I was not directed by Trump or anyone else connected with him to meet with Julian Assange,” he wrote.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/...-quid-pro-quo/
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Now I hate the Russians!

Bernie Sanders briefed by U.S. officials that Russia is trying to help his presidential campaign

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...gn/ar-BB10fJsL
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Wouldn't you'd think that if this was a legit threat, the goal of intelligence would be to keep this under wraps and not publicize it like this?
          No, it is the responsibility, the very purpose of the intel, to report their findings to Congress.
          I'm kind of glad they're doing it because they're not only making it obvious that it's a sham at this point, but even the low information public will become jaded (if not already) of hearing about this charade over and over again. Except of course the unhinged TDS crowd, but I don't believe they represent the majority of the public based on the polls.
          You're already jaded my friend in believing that Russia is innocent and that U.S. intel is a sham.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Now I hate the Russians!

Bernie Sanders briefed by U.S. officials that Russia is trying to help his presidential campaign

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...gn/ar-BB10fJsL
            Yep, they are trying to help Bernie because they think that a Sanders nomination will help put their man Trump back in the White House. Too bad Trump couldn't denounce the Russian efforts like Bernie did, instead of covering for them and denying it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
              At this point the story is still the standard 'anonymous sources told CNN/NYT that intelligence said that....'

In any case, Trump has purged the intelligence services to some extent.
              Just like he's purging the DOJ, Homeland security, the FBI, and anyone else that stands in the way of his bid to dictatorship. If the Intel is controlled by Trump then only that info which Trump wants Congress to know about will get to them. Thus the ouster of DNI, J. Maguire, and the installing of Trump toady, Richard Grenell.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                No, it is the responsibility, the very purpose of the intel, to report their findings to Congress.

You're already jaded my friend in believing that Russia is innocent and that U.S. intel is a sham.
                I never said Russia was innocent. If anything, their intent is sow the kind of political discord we're seeing now ( in fact, this sounds much more plausible correlated to China than Russia). Mission accomplished in spades. At least, I want to believe that. I don't want to believe this is a totally made up from scratch intelligence creation, because then the implications of that are far more dire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Then, of course, there's the latest bit of fake news that Trump offered Julian Assange a pardon if he would say that Russia wasn't his source of the DNC emails. Of course the mainstream media ran with headlines essentially accusing Trump of offering a quid pro quo if Assange would lie.

Former California Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher has denied that he acted on orders from President Donald Trump to offer Julian Assange a deal for a pardon, saying that he never spoke to the president about the offer. The Washington Post, Associated Press, Reuters, and other mainstream outlets all ran sensational headlines claiming Trump was directly involved, despite some of the reports acknowledging Rohrabacher’s denial.

Rohrabacher’s claim calls into question accusations made earlier this week by a Wikileaks attorney who alleged that Rohrabacher was acting “on instructions” from President Trump to offer clemency to Assange if he confirmed Russia wasn’t involved in leaking Democratic National Committee emails during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Mainstream outlets including The Washington Post, The Guardian, Reuters, and the Associated Press ran with the initial allegation, printing sensational headlines implicating President Trump, even though some of them acknowledged in their reporting that Rohrabacher denied he was following orders from the president.

In a recent interview with Yahoo News, Rohrabacher said his goal in meeting with Assange in 2017 was to find proof to support the unsubstantiated rumor that slain DNC staffer Seth Rich was the real source of the DNC leak, not Russian agents. He said that he never spoke to President Trump about the proposed deal.

“I spoke to Julian Assange and told him if he would provide evidence about who gave WikiLeaks the emails I would petition the president to give him a pardon,” Rohrabacher told Yahoo! News. “He knew I could get to the president.”

The former congressman wrote on his personal blog earlier this week that “there is a lot of misinformation floating out there regarding my meeting with Julian Assange.”

“At no time did I talk to President Trump about Julian Assange. Likewise, I was not directed by Trump or anyone else connected with him to meet with Julian Assange,” he wrote.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020/...-quid-pro-quo/
                  Yet as he admitted himself "He, i.e. Assange, knew I could get to the President." And btw, I heard the story on MSNBC, and it was made perfectly clear that Rohrabachers claim was that he never spoke to, or was directed by, Trump, to deal with Assange. But then again, that's been the claim of all the Don's minions in crime.

Comment

Originally posted by article
                    The briefers said Russia does favor Trump, but that helping Trump wasn't the only thing they were trying to do as it was also designed to raise questions about the integrity of the elections process, the source added.
                    The "source" is a mind reader. Let me try one: Most established/legacy news media in the US has been interfering in recent US elections by publishing selective stories, using negatively-loaded language when reporting on conservative candidates, and reporting on liberal candidates using positive loaded language.

This is not only an attempt by the media to favor one or more Democratic candidates, but is also designed to convince readers that most of the country supports one of those candidates, and support of a conservative candidate is an aberration.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                      The briefers said Russia does favor Trump, but that helping Trump wasn't the only thing they were trying to do as it was also designed to raise questions about the integrity of the elections process, the source added.

The "source" is a mind reader. Let me try one: Most established/legacy news media in the US has been interfering in recent US elections by publishing selective stories, using negatively-loaded language when reporting on conservative candidates, and reporting on liberal candidates using positive loaded language.

This is not only an attempt by the media to favor one or more Democratic candidates, but is also designed to convince readers that most of the country supports one of those candidates, and support of a conservative candidate is an aberration.
                      CNN's Jake Tapper breaks ranks and does some actual journalism for a change. According to his sources, the Russian government has developed a preference for Trump because "they understand the president is someone they can work with, he's a dealmaker. But not that they prefer him over Sanders or Buttigieg or anyone else" and that there is no evidence the Russians are trying to help Trump win. Tapper also said the reason Trump was frustrated with McGuire is because he briefed Congress without briefing the White House and that "[the President] had to hear about an intelligence conclusion from a Member of the House Republicans rather than from the intelligence community."

Comment

I never said Russia was innocent. If anything, their intent is sow the kind of political discord we're seeing now ( in fact, this sounds much more plausible correlated to China than Russia). Mission accomplished in spades. At least, I want to believe that. I don't want to believe this is a totally made up from scratch intelligence creation, because then the implications of that are far more dire.
                        Yes, Russia's intent is to sow the kind of political discord we're seeing now, but the sowing of political discord has a goal, and the goal is to put their prefered man in the White House. Mission accomplished, their man is in the White House, and now they want to keep him there another 4 years, at least, and that is what the intel is telling us. And that's also why Trump is so upset at the DNI for reporting it to Congress.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Yes, Russia's intent is to sow the kind of political discord we're seeing now, but the sowing of political discord has a goal, and the goal is to put their prefered man in the White House. Mission accomplished, their man is in the White House, and now they want to keep him there another 4 years, at least, and that is what the intel is telling us. And that's also why Trump is so upset at the DNI for reporting it to Congress.
                          No, they have no intent to influence any election because any so-called influence you claim they have on what an American chooses to vote for is a bunch of bunk. Their intent is to get gullible dummies like you in a paranoid lather about it, which is why they're doing it to Sanders to. They're trolling a country, paranoid about foreign boogiemen with the help of an out of control intelligence community that uses it to feed their bloated budget in order to cause the sociopolitical divisiveness we're seeing now. Unless, of course, the WHOLE thing is just pure intelligence fearmongering BS. I give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it's not the latter.

Comment

No, they have no intent to influence any election because any so-called influence you claim they have on what an American chooses to vote for is a bunch of bunk. Their intent is to get gullible dummies like you in a paranoid lather about it, which is why they're doing it to Sanders to. They're trolling a country, paranoid about foreign boogiemen with the help of an out of control intelligence community that uses it to feed their bloated budget in order to cause the sociopolitical divisiveness we're seeing now. Unless, of course, the WHOLE thing is just pure intelligence fearmongering BS. I give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it's not the latter.
                            Except that you do believe it is fearmongering on the part of U.S. intel because U.S. intel is telling us that Russia is doing it in order to influence the election and help their man, i.e. Trump to win. So, rather than pretending to give U.S. Intel the benefit of the doubt, wear your tin foil hat proudly.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                              Except that you do believe it is fearmongering on the part of U.S. intel because U.S. intel is telling us that Russia is doing it in order to influence the election and help their man, i.e. Trump to win. So, rather than pretending to give U.S. Intel the benefit of the doubt, wear your tin foil hat proudly.
                              Fake news, Jimmy. CNN's Jake Tapper has already debunked that narrative.

"What's been articulated in the news is that the intelligence community has concluded that the Russians are trying to help Trump again. But the intelligence doesn't say that..."

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...41728493592576

Comment

Thing is, Schiff can easily be dismissed as partisan hackery. How do you dismiss intelligence?
                                WMDs and uranium yellowcake.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment