Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump And Bernie...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The Fed doesn't control the world markets. This is a world-wide thing. People are afraid to travel, or to buy things from China, and a lot of Chinese factories are shutting down so US Companies that depend on Chinese goods can't get them (think iphones) -- I think Trump putting in those tariffs is probably a good thing now, since it means people have been working around China for a little while now.

I hope Sanders doesn't win, but like you said Trump won against all odds, so we can't depend on odds in this case.
    The Fed controls the markets. They don't control sudden shocks to the general economy that may be affected, but the effects -- and there undoubtedly will be some -- might take awhile to show in the economic data. US is pretty resilient when it comes to picking up the global supply chain slack.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      In many ways Trump and Bernie are speaking the same language - the language of disruption. That a significant portion of the population is tired of business as usual, I think. I'm not asking about the policies of either man, just what you think is happening and whether you think it is for the good.
      I think most people intuitively know that something is very wrong. Wages have been flat since the late 70's, even though worker productivity has increased greatly. There has to be some kind of dramatic correction, in which the middle class shares in its own gains in productivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
        I think most people intuitively know that something is very wrong. Wages have been flat since the late 70's, even though worker productivity has increased greatly. There has to be some kind of dramatic correction, in which the middle class shares in its own gains in productivity.
        Capitalism means giving jobs to foreigners because that's cheaper. People wanted capitalism, and they got it good and hard.
        Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment