Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Bernie Sanders Is The Front-Runner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Just to correct you, Elizabeth Warren has always been my first choice, Bernie is second.
    You were Bernie bro in 2016, yes?
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Does Demi know that illeism is related to narcisism.
      It's curious that you manage to correctly spell an uncommon word like "illeism" (first time I've ever heard it), but you misspell the much more common "narcissism".
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And now Klobuchar has endorsed Biden as well. The moderate wing of the party is getting worried that the more progressive Bernie will win and fear he won't be able to beat Trump. I think they should be more concerned that Biden won't be able to beat Trump. In a one on one debate I think E. Warren would make mincemeat out of Trump and so too would Bernie. Biden, i'm not sure he still has the fight in him to be President and his support is basically coming because of his association with Obama. I'm not sure that alone will hold up for him in the general.
        I think that it is slowly dawning on them that unless there is a major economic collapse or something similar Trump is going to be re-elected. What they fear is that with Sanders at the top of the ticket that they'll lose the House of Representatives again and thereby end their various neverending fishing expeditions investigations of Trump

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
          I was hoping that Bernie would be the only one who got above 15% in California on Super Tuesday, since due to the thresholds that would mean he would be given all California's delegates giving him an all-but-insurmoutable lead.

Unfortunately Pete has dropped out today, which means Biden is almost certain to make 15% in Cali.
          Not necessarily. California, like several other states, has a large percentage of their voters already cast their ballots in early voting. This means that there might not be enough Buttigieg and Klobuchar supporters left to switch to Biden to make enough of a difference.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And now Klobuchar has endorsed Biden as well. The moderate wing of the party is getting worried that the more progressive Bernie will win and fear he won't be able to beat Trump. I think they should be more concerned that Biden won't be able to beat Trump. In a one on one debate I think E. Warren would make mincemeat out of Trump and so too would Bernie. Biden, i'm not sure he still has the fight in him to be President and his support is basically coming because of his association with Obama. I'm not sure that alone will hold up for him in the general.
            I think they are even more afraid that Sanders would actually win against Trump.

Comment

Comment

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Sanders won California, Colorado, Utah and Vermont. Biden won Texas, Virginia, Alabama, Minnesota, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Arkansas. And after spending $500,000,000 Bloomberg won American Samoa although both he and Biden appear to have more than 15% in California so they'll both get a share of that state's delegates.

Can you say "brokered convention"?

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                    Bernie Sanders Is The Front-Runner
                    Put simply, the model now puts Sanders in a modestly stronger position across the board. His chances of winning rose in a bunch of states. As always in the wake of a caucus or primary, treat the forecast as a bit of an educated guess until we get more polls — the model will quickly update if new polling differs from what it expects. But the picture here isn’t all that fuzzy — Sanders is the front-runner in a race that remains extremely fluid.

Recently demoted to second place, my popcorn money is on ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42978[/ATTACH]

It's way too early to say much, but there's one thing we can't say anymore. Bernie is not a fringe candidate.
                    All Bernie needs is a cool bible prophesy and a bible weeping oil, the laying on of hands, and he's a shoo in.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

No, take my word for it, Bernie is done. Biden will get the required delegates by the convention. More Democrat voters will swing towards Biden now to prevent a brokered convention. And the under 30 crowd did not turn out for Bernie - only one in eight. The delicious news of the night: Warren couldn't even win her state! Couldn't happen to a nicer person!
                      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Sanders won California, Colorado, Utah and Vermont. Biden won Texas, Virginia, Alabama, Minnesota, Arkansas, Tennessee, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Arkansas. And after spending $500,000,000 Bloomberg won American Samoa although both he and Biden appear to have more than 15% in California so they'll both get a share of that state's delegates.

Meanwhile, Trump is doubling, tripling, and even quadrupling his support compared to 4-years ago and blowing past the numbers put up by past incumbent presidential candidates!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...esday-n2563124

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Meanwhile, Trump is doubling, tripling, and even quadrupling his support compared to 4-years ago and blowing past the numbers put up by past incumbent presidential candidates!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...esday-n2563124
                          It is amazing how many people are coming out for an uncontested primary.
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Bloomberg out: A half billion dollars = 18 delegates!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/u...drops-out.html

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Bloomberg out: A half billion dollars = 18 delegates!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/04/u...drops-out.html
                              I guess you can't buy an election after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                I guess you can't buy an election after all.
                                Sheesh, I would have voted for him for a small donation to my favorite charity! Me...

Comment