Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think a mask or protective gear is needed to wipe down carts?

Comment

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
      Do you think a mask or protective gear is needed to wipe down carts?
      If the goal is not to spread contamination, than yes you should.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        If the goal is not to spread contamination, than yes you should.
        Oh. The "cooties" theory of transmission. You touched it, you got it.

But is that really a reasoned approached?

Comment

Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-16-2020, 11:09 PM.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            I see you choose mockery, which shows you don’t understand what you’re talking about, but if your idea is, “I want to sanitizes a surface.” Than you should make sure your tools are clean before you begin. Why do hospitals use gloves, suits, face mask, and industrial sanitization equipment? What do I know? I only train on CBRNE all the time. I obviously have no clue how decontamination works.
            Is that what they call it nowdays? Used to be ABC, then NBC.

Do hospitals use protective gear all the time? The NBC training back in the day did not get into that, that discussion was relegated to a few paragraphs in the manual, and a few passing remarks in class. You gear up when the mission requires it , and at one time, there were various levels of gearing up, that usually comes from higher up the food chain in the military. As I am sure you are aware.

And do hospital maintenance suit up when cleaning, and suit up for cleaning?

Health care workers are at higher risk because of load, or amount of virus they come in contact with, not just because of the fact they are exposed. The load of virus contamination on some surfaces are great (laptops and cell phones).

Comment

• Originally posted by JimboJSR View Post
              I stand corrected. Please feel free to come into my hospital this week, stand in the receiving unit and tell everyone loudly that all this panic is pointless
              Demi will leave it to the politicians since its their job to manage panic.

the 80-year olds who have pneumonia (with a 15% chance of dying) are being foolish attention-seekers who should just go home to die there.
              You and other doctors can do that when triage becomes necessary.
              Last edited by demi-conservative; 03-17-2020, 12:20 AM.
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                Demi will leave it to the politicians.

You and other doctors can do that when triage becomes necessary.
                What do you think should be done to prevent the need for that severe a situation where that level of triage is needed?

Comment

What do you think should be done to prevent the need for that severe a situation where that level of triage is needed?
                  Obfuscate, mislead, soothe, lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                    Obfuscate, mislead, soothe, lie.
                    An answer quite consistent with a Christian worldview!

Comment

An answer quite consistent with a Christian worldview!
                      Demi is not a perfect Christian, but you are not even a Christian, yes?

Comment

A brain dead response if there ever was one since touching something that is contaminated is one of the chief means of transmitting it. Why else are they urging folks to stop touching their own face sport?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Canada is closing its border and Mexico has threatened to close theirs saying they don't want infected Americans coming into the country. There's some weapons grade irony there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• The reality bomb is about to explode; good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              The reality bomb is about to explode; good luck everyone.
                              Here was me hoping it won't be as bad as all that - just hide the old people for a year or so. The group most able to self-isolate, assuming caregivers are immune, are also the most at risk.

Exponential growth curves be scary. Especially in countries that may not be able to affect an effective containment response if it gets out of control - see the first sentence of the paragraph.

Comment

Is that what they call it nowdays? Used to be ABC, then NBC.
                                Do hospitals use protective gear all the time?
                                When biological containment, is required, yes. Have you never been in a hospital? When a hospital receives someone with a commutable disease, they have a required containment protocol, to prevent the spread of the illness. So if your goal is to prevent the spread of a disease, than yes, PPE is important.

The NBC training back in the day did not get into that, that discussion was relegated to a few paragraphs in the manual, and a few passing remarks in class. You gear up when the mission requires it , and at one time, there were various levels of gearing up, that usually comes from higher up the food chain in the military. As I am sure you are aware.
                                It’s been part of our biannual training, with units requiring to be certified in operations, every two years, for at least 20 years now. Decontamination is in AFPM 10-100.

And do hospital maintenance suit up when cleaning, and suit up for cleaning?
                                If they are going into a room, where a patient is supposed to be on lock down or cleaning machines that came from this area, yes they will.

Health care workers are at higher risk because of load, or amount of virus they come in contact with, not just because of the fact they are exposed. The load of virus contamination on some surfaces are great (laptops and cell phones).
                                Yet, where are people getting sick and exposed at? A healthcare worker is trained to deal with this, most are not.
                                Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-17-2020, 06:52 AM.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment