Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by simplicio View Post
    You do realize that in one post you note that antivaxxers don't just endanger themselves, but pose a threat to others because of the potential transmission of the disease, then in the next you avoid that conclusion.

Testing is central to any rational approach to this, the countries, like China (!) which have made progress have targeted the quarantines to those infected. We either need to clamp down on everyone, a hard lockdown, or give people information to make a decision.
    Did you fall and hit your head? Been drinking or borrowed little jimmy's bong?

There is no contradiction in what I said.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      It's ridiculous that someone powerful like Rand Paul was able to be tested out of "caution" despite having no symptoms, yet a friend of mine who has met every symptom and with a high fever for over a week was refused a test at a doctor's office, and at every other doctor's office they called in their own metro area. (Interestingly, the doctor who refused to test her still refused to speak with her without a mask.)
      And now it has been announced that Paul has tested positive.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Unfortunately this sort of stuff will always happen: How Are the Rich and Famous Jumping the Test Queues? In England, by Paying $425. Although at that price it sounds like even those in the Middle and Working class could do it as well.
        With Paul now testing positive this has caused me to slightly rethink my criticism in that if Congressmen are quarantined because they've been exposed this might make passing legislation needed to combat the pandemic more difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Slick View Post
          Did you fall and hit your head? Been drinking or borrowed little jimmy's bong?

There is no contradiction in what I said.
          Nice try. No I have not suffered a traumatic brain injury, nor do I use recreational drugs. Perhaps you have suffered a brain injury, or are posting while under the influence. Read my post carefully, I noted that you avoided the similarities or parallels between the two examples.

What happens if some people do not shift their priorities? They go untested, which is a key step in handling the epidemic. We have people going out without knowing they are infected. The antivaxxers poses a threat to others, just as those who go untested.

Whether one is unable to shift priorities or unwilling makes no difference, the effect is the same.

The two posts followed back to back, and you did not see their connection, or at least you did not betray that you saw any parallel.

Comment

With Paul now testing positive this has caused me to slightly rethink my criticism in that if Congressmen are quarantined because they've been exposed this might make passing legislation needed to combat the pandemic more difficult.
            You mean, this was bungled so badly that the key members of your government may be compromised. Many of whom are in the 'high-risk' category. I think the word, serious and -up need to be in a sentence with another word banned here. A storm is coming.

Comment

They've got their partners in crime, much of the American MSM helping them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43388[/ATTACH]

For instance the New York TimesNew York Times and CNN helping to disseminate blatantly obvious propaganda from the Chinese government which concealed what was going on, destroyed evidence like lab samples and tests in order to continue hiding it and "disappearing" those in China who spoke out (with some of them now dead).

Still, Trump's wholly accurate response became a major topic out outraged discussion on various news programs.

Wednesday night on MSNBC's 11th Hour the thoroughly disgraced Brian Williams played the tape of Trump making reference to the virus originating in China while some members of his panel shook their heads in obvious disgust. Time magazine columnist Ian Bremmer posited the idea that Trump is only blaming China because he can't blame Obama, although later did admit that the Chicom coronavirus did in fact originate in China.

As for Williams he added that Trump was calling it what it is because he has a "need to blame" and "need[s] to attribute troubles to another source."

And yesterday sanctimonious woke twits on NBC continued to push the narrative.

On that network's morning program the Today Show one of their correspondents Tom Costello scolded Trump sniffing that "the virus knows no borders and there is no racial association with this virus." Of course this ignores the fact that it does have a country of origin -- China. And the senior international correspondent for Today vied for the title of biggest Chicom propagandist by pontificating that the Chinese ought to be thanked by "Western Europe and America by delaying the arrival the coronavirus here."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43387[/ATTACH]
              Over on ABC's The View, which has been proclaimed to be the "most important political talk show in America" (IIRC that label came from the New York Times) Whoopi Goldberg told her audience that China never said that the U.S. military is responsible for giving China the Chicom coronavirus and saying that Trump just made that up.

Yes you're crazy. And if you are really that ignorant you should recuse yourself from any discussions on the subject.

Even her own network (ABC) has reported on this:

Conspiracy theorists have embraced the novel coronavirus as a source for spinning new yarn, and they received a major boost Friday from an official source -- China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson.

In a series of tweets Thursday and Friday, Zhao Lijian promoted the theory, without evidence, that the U.S. military is responsible for the pandemic by bringing it to China last October, giving new fodder for a narrative that's churned on the Chinese internet.

Whoopi's co-host Sunny Hostin couldn't even correct her but rather said "If it is true that China is saying that the American military gave it to the Chinese, then our president is someone that is a counterpuncher, and we know that, and so this was to be expected that he would counterpunch."

To which Whoopi dismissively replied: "He also makes things up. He makes things up to cover his behind."

Considering that she has been co-hosting the show from home via telephone and assuming she has a computer with internet access (or even a cell phone), Whoopi could have quickly confirmed that Trump was correct when he said that China was trying to blame the U.S. for spreading the Chicom coronavirus to China (it's called basic fact checking) but her mindless hatred wouldn't even let her do that before spouting off.

Last edited by rogue06; 03-23-2020, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Some retard picture Rogue dredged up
                You've started quoting yourself. You're finally off the deep end, off the proverbial rocker, talking to yourself as the inanity of your position becomes increasingly clear?
                Last edited by Zara; 03-23-2020, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
                  You've started quoting yourself. You're finally off the deep end, off the proverbial rocker, talking to yourself as the inanity of your position becomes increasingly clear?
                  It's adding to what was already posted

Comment

It's adding to what was already posted
                    Quiet around here, ahe. Just you shouting into the void about pretty much nothing. What happened to your merry band of spin-doctor fellows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
                      Quiet around here, ahe. Just you shouting into the void about pretty much nothing. What happened to your merry band of spin-doctor fellows?
                      It's still early morning here in the U.S. which is where most of the membership resides. Since I'm usually up before 3AM I tend to do a good deal of posting then.

Comment

• Without the days numbers from Italy, the current worldwide naive mortality stands at 4.4% (#deaths/#cases), worst case @ 13.2% (#deaths/(#recovere+#deaths)

We (the US) are third place in the number of cases, but 6th place worldwide in number of deaths.

We (the US) are in full on expnential growth, but a lot of that is New York, with both the most new cases and the most testing and the most new deaths.

NY itself stands at a mortality of about .89%, which is what we've seen other places where the medical system is keeping up with and treating the serious and critical cases.

Italy, with its older population and overrun system is seeing, believe it or not, a worst case mortality of nearly 45%. That is, a little under half of the cases that had an outcome died.

The US isn't far behind. Though, this statistic is very much skewed in that people take less time to become infected and die than to become infected and fully recover.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                          Without the days numbers from Italy, the current worldwide naive mortality stands at 4.4% (#deaths/#cases), worst case @ 13.2% (#deaths/(#recovere+#deaths)

We (the US) are third place in the number of cases, but 6th place worldwide in number of deaths.

We (the US) are in full on expnential growth, but a lot of that is New York, with both the most new cases and the most testing and the most new deaths.

NY itself stands at a mortality of about .89%, which is what we've seen other places where the medical system is keeping up with and treating the serious and critical cases.

Italy, with its older population and overrun system is seeing, believe it or not, a worst case mortality of nearly 45%. That is, a little under half of the cases that had an outcome died.

The US isn't far behind. Though, this statistic is very much skewed in that people take less time to become infected and die than to become infected and fully recover.
                          Given that there is some evidence that in Italy that those over the age of 60 are no longer being treated and the demographics there (high percentage of the population in that group) it really isn't a surprise that the numbers there are so high.

Comment

• Not just politicians at the front of the line: On a call with Trump officials, police chief pleads: 'Stop testing NBA players, start testing first responders'

Comment

• Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                              Congress still needs to (dys)function, so senators get extra privileges for testing. So will Trump, Pence, and key people in the administration. That's simple.
                              They can't function without tests?

IMO, tests are mainly helpful in monitoring the spread of the virus. In that case, everyone (as much as possible) needs to be tested. Only testing people with a lot of money and privilege doesn't tell us anything useful.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Without the days numbers from Italy, the current worldwide naive mortality stands at 4.4% (#deaths/#cases), worst case @ 13.2% (#deaths/(#recovere+#deaths)

The median age, in Italy is 45.5. The US is 38.1. This matters because the age of increased chances of dying begins to rise at 40 and goes up from there.
                                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment