Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus Outbreak...

Time to stop air travel to the US?
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Did you know that the gal from the CDC who waited until Trump was out of the country to attempt to induce panic by screaming, "We're all going to die!" is Rod Rosenstein's sister?

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...steins-sister/

Is the coronavirus really any worse than the common flu?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I'm not too worried. Most people who are exposed never even show symptoms, and from there we'll begin seeing immunity.

Within two years, this will all be mostly-forgotten history.

Comment

Covid 19 threatens to be a major hit on the world economy.

The mortality rate looks to be about 10 times that of the flu (maybe around 1% of those infected), over-80 years old has a 14% death rate. These are based on data out of China, so should be taken with a grain of salt, although it seems to me that China is unlikely to be over-reporting their mortality rates. Certainly from the government reaction there they think it's a lot worse than the flu.

Given what we know so far about how infectious the virus is (high transmission rate) and how widely it has already spread, a pandemic seems more likely than not. That could mean millions of people worldwide dying.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

The cancellation of the Olympics is a very real possibility.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Trump dismantled Obama’s contagion response network.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
              False.

n reality, the pandemic expert — Rear Adm. Timothy Ziemer — left the National Security Council (NSC) voluntarily after then-National Security Advisor John Bolton was appointed.

Bolton disbanded the unit that Ziemer was supervising as part of an effort to downsize the bloated NSC staff. The purpose of the unit, which had overseen the global fight against Ebola, had largely been fulfilled.

It is true that Ziemer and his unit have not yet been replaced.

The Trump administration has indeed proposed cuts to the CDC, but they have not been passed by Congress.

Trump has not “defunded” the agency, and Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar has said that the new proposed budget would, in fact, prioritize the fight against coronavirus.

Recently, the administration reversed course, asking for $2.5 billion in emergency funding for managing the coronavirus.

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...or-defund-cdc/

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                Really FF, must you always bring up Trump? I think there is medication for that...
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Time to stop air travel to the US?
                  I bet people wished we had that wall now.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    Covid 19 threatens to be a major hit on the world economy.

The mortality rate looks to be about 10 times that of the flu (maybe around 1% of those infected), over-80 years old has a 14% death rate. These are based on data out of China, so should be taken with a grain of salt, although it seems to me that China is unlikely to be over-reporting their mortality rates. Certainly from the government reaction there they think it's a lot worse than the flu.

Given what we know so far about how infectious the virus is (high transmission rate) and how widely it has already spread, a pandemic seems more likely than not. That could mean millions of people worldwide dying.
                    I heard they will have a vaccine soon. The problem will be ramping up production fast enough. That's the main reason the flu mortality is so low nowadays. Vaccines. If we didn't have a flu vaccine I think the mortality would be much higher.

Just hope the virus doesn't start mutating every year like the flu does.
                    Last edited by Sparko; 02-26-2020, 06:55 AM.

Comment

We're really not getting any clear information about this. I've heard so many different things that it's hard to pin down the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        We're really not getting any clear information about this. I've heard so many different things that it's hard to pin down the truth.
                        It's because nobody really has enough data yet and we really can't trust what the Chinese are telling us. So it's mostly guesswork from the CDC and rumor-mongering by the MSM. And I think it is starting to be politically weaponized. I think the left actually welcomes it because it weakens Trump's economy, so they are upping the fear-factor to create panic and crash the stock market.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          It's because nobody really has enough data yet and we really can't trust what the Chinese are telling us. So it's mostly guesswork from the CDC and rumor-mongering by the MSM. And I think it is starting to be politically weaponized. I think the left actually welcomes it because it weakens Trump's economy, so they are upping the fear-factor to create panic and crash the stock market.
                          Yep. The White House response has been "Don't panic. We have everything under control." Then Rosenstein's sister at the CDC holds a press conference call to delivery a contradictory statement. Guess which one the media has run with?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Yep. The White House response has been "Don't panic. We have everything under control." Then Rosenstein's sister at the CDC holds a press conference call to delivery a contradictory statement. Guess which one the media has run with?
                            I think they are both wrong. It is going to get out, but it won't be as bad as everyone is claiming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I don't see how this can hurt Trump. Any market/economic downturn from now to the election he can scapegoat something that was totally out of his control.

Comment