Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    That's still less than the US, which currently has more than 140,000 cases.

So yes, based on your own numbers, that guy did a much better job of containment than your guy.
    That would be what she's aware of which likely would be in her province.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      That would be what she's aware of which likely would be in her province.
      Calls for speculation...based on the text of the article you linked.

But I frankly suspect that the numbers from China are significantly low-balled. I just cannot state it as a fact because I lack the evidence to do so.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
        That's still less than the US, which currently has more than 140,000 cases.

So yes, based on your own numbers, that guy did a much better job of containment than your guy.
        Note that the article is from January 26th - two months ago. At that time U.S. cases were still in the single digits. If this woman's claim is true, the number of infections today in China would likely exceed the U.S. numbers by quite a lot, depending on the effect of their containment measures.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          I wasn't doubtful of Dr. Fauci, I simply pointed out his own explicit qualification that models and predictions are based on assumptions and can very easily be wrong.
          No kidding, you've just realized that models are based on assumption, congrats. (http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post722479)

Comment

• "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• For all our liberal friends:

https://mobile.twitter.com/WHO/statu...on-coronavirus
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedmprig View Post
                Yeah...I think anyone following the conversation will see the wiggling dance you're doing - and the "jello meets nail and tree" exercise you're engaging in. Its pretty evident. Worse instead of worst? Could happen to anyone. Most of us would simply acknowledge it.
                Sorry, prig, but I consistently used the terms "worse case scenario" or "A worst case scenario" which little monkey incorrectly interpreted to mean "THE worst case scenario". You even admitted that I was correct, but instead of leaving it at that, you continue with this lie that I must have "slipped up" in multiple posts and didn't actually say what I meant.

It's interesting the lengths you will go to falsely convince yourself that someone is wrong. It reveals you to be someone of low character.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• For the first time in quite a while, the USA posted fewer new cases and fewer new deaths than the day before.

Maybe, just maybe the social distancing policies are beginning to have an effect. There is an oddity in the data in that to the present many states are showing 0 new cases, including NY, which doesn't make sense. I'll update later today if it changes.

I certainly do hope it is the case that our efforts are beginning to pay off.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    Calls for speculation...based on the text of the article you linked.

But I frankly suspect that the numbers from China are significantly low-balled. I just cannot state it as a fact because I lack the evidence to do so.
                    We know the Chinese government is likely under-reporting. It is what they do in a situation like this.

What's new is the amount of false and misleading information we have to sift through from our own government.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Sorry, prig, but I consistently used the terms "worse case scenario" or "A worst case scenario" which little monkey incorrectly interpreted to mean "THE worst case scenario". You even admitted that I was correct, but instead of leaving it at that, you continue with this lie that I must have "slipped up" in multiple posts and didn't actually say what I meant.

It's interesting the lengths you will go to falsely convince yourself that someone is wrong. It reveals you to be someone of low character.

Wow, MM, you will really go to extremes to support your self-delusion. Name calling. Fudging an obvious slip of the tongue/fingers. Attacking other people's character. It really reveals you to be someone of low character.

Your friend -

Carpe de Prig

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        For the first time in quite a while, the USA posted fewer new cases and fewer new deaths than the day before.

Maybe, just maybe the social distancing policies are beginning to have an effect. There is an oddity in the data in that to the present many states are showing 0 new cases, including NY, which doesn't make sense. I'll update later today if it changes.

I certainly do hope it is the case that our efforts are beginning to pay off.
                        I noticed that as well. Indeed, the % daily increase has been shrinking to the point that the average % daily increase for the previous 2 week period is down for the first time in March. It is possible it is due to the widespread shortage in testing resources...but maybe it will turn out that the glass is half-full rather than half-empty.

Keep vigilant, all. This is not over yet. And for those trusting that "warm weather will solve the problem," take a look at the growth curve in tropical and subtropical countries. Their numbers may currently be lower, but most of their growth curves are essentially the same.

Comment

The majority by a small fraction, but sit tight and watch to see what the numbers do over time. There is always a "rally around the flag" effect after a crisis. As Trump keeps screwing up his response and cannot get past himself in every interview, I predict we will see Americans who are suffering and dying begin to tire of a president who cannot speak without fluffing his own feathers while bungling major parts of the response.
                          You'd like that, wouldn't you? Rather than see your President succeed, you hope enough people suffer to hurt his re-election chances. Go ahead, try to tell me otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            We know the Chinese government is likely under-reporting. It is what they do in a situation like this.

What's new is the amount of false and misleading information we have to sift through from our own government.
                            Well - new for a crisis. We've been dealing with false and misleading information from our government for the last 3+ years, and from Trump since he was still dropping :poop: in his diapers.

Comment

You'd like that, wouldn't you? Rather than see your President succeed, you hope enough people suffer to hurt his re-election chances. Go ahead, try to tell me otherwise.
                              MM...you just continually push forward this lie. It really shows you to be a person of low character.

Your close friend -

Carpe de Prig

Comment

Fudging an obvious slip of the tongue/fingers.
                                Your continued lies only proves your low character. The only question is how low you'll go in your desperate attempt to save face. Or you could turn this around with a simple apology. Let's see which path you follow.

Comment