Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Coronavirus Outbreak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
    No - MM is wrong, and so is Pix, and so are you. I predicted it. I expected it. I anticipated it would be needed before people would wake up to the travesty in the Oval Office. But I never wanted it. That is MM's and Pix's lie they have been pushing forward for a while now. I hope you don't descend to that level.

As for referencing this post please feel free to. It says what it says: we will all be (are?) facing some amount of pain to get this man out of office. My one mistake was to use the word "accept." I don't think anyone should be "accepting" this - but we will all have to face it.

Frankly, I was expecting economic pain mostly, and I predicted he would be sending our sons and daughters to a major war. I had no clue his shortcomings would intersect with such a crisis in such a way. I suspect someone with a bit more inside knowledge of the state of our healthcare and changes in diseases probably could have predicted it. Clearly some people have been warning about this for years.

And Norrin's post is sad. She may be willing to accept a few million deaths, but I wonder if she would still be willing to if those deaths were sons, daughters, grandchildren, sisters, and friends. I found her post sad and selfish in the extreme.
    The only way to interpret your response to NorrinRad (who's a he btw) is that you agreed that the economic consequences would be extremely bad, which is what NorrinRad's point was, and felt it necessary in order to prevent Trump's reelection (which I don't think will happen since the Dems are too fractured within their own party). You're a partisan scumbag. You claimed the economic chaos and suffering is what we have to "accept" in order to fulfill your political desire. The post was a plain as day and I'm going to hold you to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      The only way to interpret your response to NorrinRad (who's a he btw) is that you agreed that the economic consequences would be extremely bad, which is what NorrinRad's point was,
      Yes - I agree with this point, and thanks for reminding me about Norrin. For some reason, I keep mentally picturing him as a her, despite being reminded of this before...

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      and felt it necessary in order to prevent Trump's reelection (which I don't think will happen since the Dems are too fractured within their own party).
      No. I felt is was likely, and perhaps even inevitable. I do not think it is necessary or desirable.

You're a partisan scumbag.
      Nicely done, Sean. Congratulations on maintaining a civil discussion... (and yes, that's sarcasm).

You claimed the economic chaos and suffering is what we have to "accept" in order to fulfill your political desire. The post was a plain as day and I'm going to hold you to it.
      As I said, "accept" was the one word I would probably probably change to "face" because I really don't want to have to accept any of this. That our country, and the Republican Party in particular, has sunk so far from its ideals is a matter of some sadness to me, regardless what MM or Pix may be spreading around about me.

Now - I've been chatting with several people and frankly lost track of this discussion - so I'm not sure if I have said "last word" before, but I'm saying it now - especially given your apparent need to descend into name calling. Last word to you...
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Yes - I agree with this point, and thanks for reminding me about Norrin. For some reason, I keep mentally picturing him as a her, despite being reminded of this before...

No. I felt is was likely, and perhaps even inevitable. I do not think it is necessary or desirable.

Nicely done, Sean. Congratulations on maintaining a civil discussion... (and yes, that's sarcasm).

As I said, "accept" was the one word I would probably probably change to "face" because I rally don't want to have to accept any of this. That our country, and the Republican Party in particular, has sunk so far from its ideals is a matter of some sadness to me, regardless what MM or Pix may be spreading around about me.

Now - I've been chatting with several and frankly lost track of this discussion - so I'm not sure if I have said "last word" before, but I'm saying now - especially given your apparent need to descend into name calling.
        "Accept" is the term you initially used because that's the term you meant. Don't try and weasel out of it now by changing what you meant to say. As I said, your post in the context of what NorrinRadd said was plain as day, and I'm going to hold you to it. And Trump probably won't be removed, btw, because the Dem party is currently in chaos if you didn't notice. They have an old geezer as a front runner suffering dementia and another old geezer who refuses to step down even though he's soundly defeated in the primaries and a rather large following of youngans who refuse to vote for anyone other than him (and who might just swing to Trump out of spite). Good luck with that. So your desire for suffering may all be for naught anyway.

Comment

• At least the looters are wearing face masks...

https://www.the-sun.com/news/626544/...hops-lockdown/
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
            At least the looters are wearing face masks...

If they are guilty...throw the book at them...
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

At least the looters are wearing face masks...

Antifa?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

If they are guilty...throw the book at them...
                Well the liberals will just let them back out like in NY.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

I can answer that second one. If you hold a seance with a mixture of conservatives and liberals present, the ghosts burst into particles and renormalize the group to be all progressives!
                  If only... however the ghosts particles are "put in" to eliminate the infinities. Once the integration is done, the ghost particles are cancelled out. BTW, they are called ghosts because their amplitude is negative, giving a negative probability, which is impossible in the mathematical sense.

JUST ME, FLASHING MY PHYSICS KNOWLEDGE...

Going back to COVID-19: Yesterday, 215,003; Today, 228,674 for an increase of 13,671. It is still accelerating, we are NOT at the top of the peak.
                  Last edited by little_monkey; 04-02-2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                    If only... however the ghosts particles are "put in" to eliminate the infinities. Once the integration is done, the ghost particles are cancelled out. BTW, they are called ghosts because their amplitude is negative, giving a negative probability, which is impossible in the mathematical sense.

JUST ME, FLASHING MY PHYSICS KNOWLEDGE...

Going back to COVID-19: Yesterday, 215,003; Today, 228,674 for an increase of 13,671. It is still accelerating, we are NOT at the top of the peak.
                    So here's me flashing my physics knowledge: the distance a croquet ball will travel when you are "sending" someone is directly proportional to the total content of the beer keg.

Yeah - I've been tracking. I thought we might be looking at the start of the curve three days ago, but the last two days have not been good.

Comment

So here's me flashing my physics knowledge: the distance a croquet ball will travel when you are "sending" someone is directly proportional to the total content of the beer keg.

Yeah - I've been tracking. I thought we might be looking at the start of the curve three days ago, but the last two days have not been good.
                      I'm still hoping it will peak within two weeks - the best scenario - but it's still touch and go. What's at stake right now are the health providers. If too many get sick, like in Italy and Spain, then the two weeks are off and we are in for a long summer.

Comment

• Isn't Malaysia wonderful...

“Wear Makeup and Office Clothes,” “Don’t Nag Husband,” Malaysia Advises Women Sheltering-in-Place

The Malaysian Ministry of Women and Family Development has tips for women on how to deal with the lockdown—while ensuring a happy, argument-free life at home with their husbands or partners.

On March 18, the ministry issued a series of infographics and advisories with advice like:

Don’t nag your husband.
                        Refrain from being “sarcastic” if asked for help with household chores.
                        Dress up and wear makeup in the home.

https://msmagazine.com/2020/04/01/we...ring-in-place/
                        Last edited by seer; 04-02-2020, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Isn't Malaysia wonderful...

“Wear Makeup and Office Clothes,” “Don’t Nag Husband,” Malaysia Advises Women Sheltering-in-Place

The Malaysian Ministry of Women and Family Development has tips for women on how to deal with the lockdown—while ensuring a happy, argument-free life at home with their husbands or partners.

On March 18, the ministry issued a series of infographics and advisories with advice like:

Don’t nag your husband.
                          Refrain from being “sarcastic” if asked for help with household chores.
                          Dress up and wear makeup in the home.

https://msmagazine.com/2020/04/01/we...ring-in-place/
                          My wife would have failed that one. She was a Jersey girl. Sarcasm was her default mode!

Comment

• Nancy Pelosi announces the House will be putting together its own China virus task force headed by Jim Clyburn.

For the record, Clyburn recently said, "This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/reagan...yburn-n2566214

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Nancy Pelosi announces the House will be putting together its own China virus task force headed by Jim Clyburn.

For the record, Clyburn recently said, "This is a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision."

At this point I can only look at this as a political hoax. There's no possible way they can be this dumb and not know what this has done to Trump approval rating. They WANT Trump to be reelected for some reason. I'm sorry but I'm using Occam's razor here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                Nancy Pelosi announces the House will be putting together its own China virus task force headed by Jim Clyburn.

For those interested in what Pelosi is actually doing, here is a less skewed report about it. It's not a task force in the sense that Trump has created a task force. Pelosi and the House are smart enough to know running the response is not in their purview. It is, instead, an oversight committee to keep an eye on the response and especially the money being dedicated to the effort. Personally, I'll sleep better knowing someone is looking over Trump's shoulder.

Comment